Pages:
Author

Topic: ANUBIS - a CGMINER Web Frontend - page 10. (Read 83112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
May 12, 2012, 06:11:40 PM
Hey P_Shep, you left a bunch of bare carriage returns in your edited files.  Did you edit them in a DOS editor and then upload them without conversion?  It's playing hell with DIFF and editing locally on a unix machine.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
May 12, 2012, 05:47:09 PM
Vast amount of changes in Anubis, go have a play Smiley

https://github.com/pshep/ANUBIS
legendary
May 01, 2012, 09:51:53 AM
I'm going to be putting some work into Anubis this week related to historical tracking. I suck at charting though, so once the data is collected, maybe someone can write some code to make good charts?

legendary
This is not OK.
May 01, 2012, 05:45:30 AM
Thanks for the work Inaba and the other suggestions here. I'm on vacation for the next week, so will get back on it when I'm back.

Regarding the multi-rig changes... I did think about that, but you need to guarantee that the pools are ordered the same on all rigs, something that is outside anubis' control, things could get out of sync. Doable though. I'll have a think.
legendary
April 29, 2012, 10:44:28 AM
I submitted the pull requests... pretty handy I can do it online.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
April 25, 2012, 09:44:01 PM
this is a setting in .htaccess or file permissions on the webserver. It has nothing to do with anubis itself.

.htaccess alone won't solve the issue, as P_Shep's anubis allows finer control over the miners.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 25, 2012, 04:41:36 PM
Also line 32 of index.php should probably be changed to:

$result = $dbh->query("SELECT * FROM hosts ORDER BY name ASC");

I may setup a git and issue pull requests, but it's not worth it for the small changes I've needed to make so far.

You can actually edit a file and make simple pull requests right on github.com.  No need to manually fork and all that.
legendary
April 24, 2012, 03:36:40 PM
Also line 32 of index.php should probably be changed to:

$result = $dbh->query("SELECT * FROM hosts ORDER BY name ASC");

I may setup a git and issue pull requests, but it's not worth it for the small changes I've needed to make so far.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 24, 2012, 02:50:37 PM
A great project and one I have enjoyed making some minor changes to.

The largest annoyance is the rig communication seems to be blocking.  If I have a rig which is down Anubis takes 10 sec trying to establish a connection meanwhile the entire webpage is unresponsive.
legendary
April 24, 2012, 02:22:38 PM
The default DB schema for ANUBIS has an error.  You have the "port" field set to smallint (6) and it's signed - it should be set to a bare minimum of MEDIUMINT (6).  Otherwise you are limited to ports < 32768

Either that or make smallint unsigned.

Activity: 658
April 23, 2012, 05:59:02 PM
What I think would be really great is to have the miners organized into groups and be able to change them all in one shot. Change a pool -> click. They all go. Go from failover to roundrobin or whatever-> click done. Clicking through each one is not very fun.
Activity: 658
April 23, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
Just an idea, I think it would be nice if there was some way to have the site require a login or something for any webpage commands to be executable.

Sometimes I just want to show friends of mine my ANUBIS page without giving them the potential to blow up my mining rigs.

this is a setting in .htaccess or file permissions on the webserver. It has nothing to do with anubis itself.
legendary
This is not OK.
April 20, 2012, 05:57:48 PM
One potential bug ....

It looks like discards % is (discards / accepted) but this is not a valid metric.
Discards are discards getworks.  so discard % should be (discards / getworks).

For users where accepted ~= getworks then error is small but for pools like p2pool where due to LP a large number of getworks are discarded and shares are > 1 difficulty (thus lower accepted) it results in some "weird" % like 287% discarded. Smiley

That's an easy one, I'll fix that with my next commit.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 20, 2012, 03:33:54 PM
One potential bug ....

It looks like discards % is (discards / accepted) but this is not a valid metric.
Discards are discards getworks.  so discard % should be (discards / getworks).

For users where accepted ~= getworks then error is small but for pools like p2pool where due to LP a large number of getworks are discarded and shares are > 1 difficulty (thus lower accepted) it results in some "weird" % like 287% discarded. Smiley

legendary
This is not OK.
April 16, 2012, 01:45:54 PM
I'll think about that, but I think it'll be more trouble then it's worth.
Maybe I'll get bored one day and do it.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
April 14, 2012, 11:18:01 PM
Just an idea, I think it would be nice if there was some way to have the site require a login or something for any webpage commands to be executable.

Sometimes I just want to show friends of mine my ANUBIS page without giving them the potential to blow up my mining rigs.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
April 08, 2012, 06:34:56 PM
That's a good one. I'll add it when I next do an update. I'll make the timeout configurable in the config file.
If you are restarting cgminer, the issue is most likely the side effect of the socket being in the TIME_WAIT state as is somewhat considered mandatory by internet protocol standards.
There is a way around it in Linux by doing something considered bad:
messing with net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout

There's also the socket option SO_REUSEADD that I STILL haven't got around to testing if there are any issues with using it in cgminer.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
April 08, 2012, 02:46:05 PM

usesless is not a word.

p.s. Linux is much better suited to run apache web server and php then Windows server 2003, and if you cant see that then your just as usesless as windows

Dude, seriously, what makes you think the person wants to run APACHE as their Webserver? What makes you think that the only thing he needs to run "better" is Anubis on PHP? Did it ever occur to you that he also needs to run something else which is, as you say, BETTER SUITED, for running on Windows rather than Linux.

And dude, I can't see that... Cross-platform, ever heard of that? We've been running Apache on all platforms since 1997 and NT 4.0 and it has been working fine.

End of story.

+1
legendary
This is not OK.
April 06, 2012, 01:46:49 PM
That's a good one. I'll add it when I next do an update. I'll make the timeout configurable in the config file.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
April 06, 2012, 10:02:07 AM
I just started trying out Anubis; thanks to ocminer and p_shep, its very nice.

One odd thing I noticed... if one (or more) of my rigs is hung or in the process of going down, it takes a really long time (more than a minute) to load the Anubis home/hosts page.  If a rig is down, the page comes up quickly (less than one second) showing 'Connection refused' or 'Operation now in progress'   I have 20 rigs on the local network.  Anubis is served from a non-mining machine.

I tried lowering the timeout in the socket_set_option on line 81 of func.inc.php and that seemed to help a little, but I think whats happening is that cgminer is hanging on exit (when shutting down due to a sick or dead card) and not responding to Anubis.  Anubis then sits waiting for a response from that rig which may never come.

I added the following receive timeout to line 82 and it seems to have fixed my problem:

socket_set_option($socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDTIMEO, array('sec' => '1', 'usec' => '0'));
socket_set_option($socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO, array('sec' => '1', 'usec' => '0'));

I'm not sure what your patch policy is, and I'm not familiar enough yet with git/github, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to submit this.

I suppose the timeout values could be variables in the config if you wanted, and 1s is probably not long enough for people monitoring rigs across the internet, but this seems to be working for me and I hope it helps someone.
Pages:
Jump to: