Pages:
Author

Topic: Any advice for a newbie? - page 44. (Read 10710 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 102
June 07, 2018, 11:05:30 AM
Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

Also i have a ledger nano s en route to keep my coins.

cheers

Not bad. Stick with what you have and keep pooling bitcoins and XRP. I think these two have still lots of potential to grow and grow back to its original or peak prices, specially bitcoins. XRPs are pretty great and maybe buying more is very much logical. I think you should buy eth too.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
June 07, 2018, 10:52:01 AM
Careful information, considerations before investing in Bitcoin and altcoin!
Always invest with the money you can lose! Avoid the promised highly profitable projects!
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 10:45:03 AM
I am also a novice. I think you are a very hard worker. You can make a nano ledger when you enter encryption for a month. I think that as a novice, we should put control risk first.
Activity: 97
June 07, 2018, 12:54:00 AM
From my point of vision, you already have a great start as a newbie, my best advice you can get as a newbie is just be an avid reviewer of crypto articles, news, ICOs and coming waves of crypto. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 07:03:44 AM
I recommend to study in more detail about projects, their team, roadmap, etc., which may come in handy!
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 06:37:39 AM
The ICO sphere provides very wide opportunities for earning and everyone chooses the most suitable way based on their individual situation. Those who have money are now investing!
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
June 06, 2018, 06:26:28 AM
My advice for newbies is for them to read articles, study materials and learn from their mentors to put them through. Ask Questions and do some training on crypto before putting a dime into crypto

That is good advice. Read up on articles and do some test mining and small time trades to get a feel of what it's like. Then scale up as you learn.
Activity: 93
June 06, 2018, 06:07:13 AM
My advice for newbies is for them to read articles, study materials and learn from their mentors to put them through. Ask Questions and do some training on crypto before putting a dime into crypto
Activity: 122
June 05, 2018, 01:11:24 PM
Hello Newbie, I think first you should create a wallet. I think myetherwallet is good. I know that because I am also using it. I think it's better making meaningful posts in Bitcoin talk. It will help you to raise up your rank. Then you can apply for many bounty campaigns.  
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
June 05, 2018, 01:09:00 PM
when I began to understand what is crypto currency and how it works, I read a lot and studied the information. You need to clearly understand that you must invest free money. A lot of valuable advice has already been given to you, study the ICO. teams and ideas are different. The main thing is to do everything consciously
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
June 05, 2018, 01:05:30 PM
The OP was from last Nov. I'm curious as to what the status of the op's portfolio is.

For a newbie, that is actually a great start to a portfolio.
(Although I think xrp is evil and should never be bought or sold at all).

I can imagine the great feeling he had as the market shot up last december and the craziness of everything crashing afterwards.

Now, 6 months into 2018 we are starting to see what types of coins will perform well this year.

Overwhelmingly, it is smart contract tokens like eth, neo, and the like.
Out of all of these, I would go for ones that have an actual working ecosystem so eos and ada are out.

I would start to migrate from btc being a foundation of your portfolio to eth, as eth is almost as easily tradeable and liquidable as btc nowadays.

The rest of your portfolio, I would fill with not icos, but recently finished icos that have dropped below ico price, there are hundreds of them.
Activity: 47
June 05, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
Hodl on tight and never hazitate to sell
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
June 05, 2018, 01:00:18 PM
In order to make good money on ICO, you have to read and watch a lot. Follow the campaigns and read the whitepaper
Activity: 205
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
You can carefully study this forum, this is the best reference forum for all questions and news related to crypto-currencies. And then start trading or join the company generosity.
Activity: 69
June 05, 2018, 12:50:47 PM
Leger Nano is a good-choice for  wallet, your coins are guaranteed safety,, there are a lot to be learned  about crypto and the only way to properly set up your portfolio is through thorough research,read wide and decide
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 12:48:19 PM
You follow someone who knows very well about Bitcoin. And you should read all the posts in this forum. The posts in this forum will give you a very good idea about crypto
Yes by reading a lot here in forum could helps a person in trading even newbie. Risks is present at all times in crypto so best is to understand it. Afterwards of being taking the risks their is a profit worth to earned.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
June 05, 2018, 12:46:02 PM
the most important advice that I heard from my friend who has been engaged in cryptocurrency for a long time. be prepared for the fact that you will lose everything and count the money that you invest, based on the risk of loss. you have to love your money. and then they'll stay with you. what is philosophy.
The problem is that many people do not really understand on what they are getting into when they invest in cryptocurrencies, they invest in some really bad projects as if they did not care about their money and taking into consideration the way they invest then I can only conclude that is right even if they say they do.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 12:15:45 PM
The main things a newbie need to keep in mind are the things we could have in the bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Because if we are aware on the possibility bitcoin could give us tat is the time we could handle things that could help us to earn and to gain profit in the future. It could also help us to seek more ways and to be patient enough on dealing investments and trading with bitcoin for the future.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
June 05, 2018, 12:11:10 PM
welcome and welcome to the world of crypto, if you have the capital and want to invest in the world of crypto, my advice, do not invest in one coin, but for 2 or 3 different types of coins, and if you still doubt, about the world of crypto until you're absolutely sure
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
June 05, 2018, 11:20:33 AM
I suggest that new people actively develop their image on the forum, which will give you a good income to participate in sports reward in altcoins! In addition, please listen to the suggestions of the participants of the legendary and heroic team, but do not observe them unconditionally, because they may also be wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: