Pages:
Author

Topic: Any advice on how I can earn merit? - page 4. (Read 1114 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 148
March 26, 2018, 12:13:44 PM
Here's my searches answers for questions about merit.
You can earn merits by just simply posting constructive and useful posts. Enjoy on posting don't understand if you're post will be merited it will merited if your post deserves it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
March 26, 2018, 11:56:24 AM
I think you are spending too much time in the alt and bounty sections. Also, I found economics a bit spammy, so I don't go there very often.

Another minor point is your representation of numbers. The dot is used in mathematics to represent a decimal point, and a comma is used to group larger numbers into threes. This means that 1,000 represents one thousand and not just one. For some reason EU countries seem to reverse this, and it is one reason that an EU country can never replace London as a major international financial centre.
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
March 26, 2018, 11:53:54 AM
I agree with you to a point.
Merit system made it harder for some of us to rank up. For those of us who are honest and don't bend the rules to do this because is see that those who farm are still doing their thing. There are many reports of people who receive merits for a one line post of maybe 3 words and they are not punished.
I think that the wise-guys are still doing their thing while we are taking the punishment.  

It simply angers me when I see how low quality is rewarded and I put a lot of effort and time into my writing and people tell me to be patient.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
March 26, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
I agree with you to a point.
Merit system made it harder for some of us to rank up. For those of us who are honest and don't bend the rules to do this because is see that those who farm are still doing their thing. There are many reports of people who receive merits for a one line post of maybe 3 words and they are not punished.
I think that the wise-guys are still doing their thing while we are taking the punishment.  
March 26, 2018, 11:41:30 AM
You should utilize the search function, because there are many threads that have already discussed this. It is unhealthy for people to get desperate for merit, because then you start forcing yourself to post the strangest things that are not helpful. You should stop worrying about merit and focus on becoming more informed, helpful, creative and useful. Merits should be of literally no concern to you.

You say that you've been quite active for a long time, but you barely have any posts and just registered 2-months ago. You have not been active for a long time and you barely post anything. If you think 2-months is being around for a long-time, then you are sorely mistaken about the expectations around here.

We’ll that’s the kind of answers you’d expect from someone who is in the comfortable position to sit on a nice stash of merit. From your perspective it is easy to say that someone shouldn’t worry about merit.
I also grant you that I haven’t been around here for a long time, but definitely not that I haven’t been active. That’s definitely not the kind of “advice” I had hoped for....
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
March 26, 2018, 11:35:55 AM
If you think 2-months is being around for a long-time, then you are sorely mistaken about the expectations around here.

This is true, it is going to take time to become knowledgeable and have something to say that stands out. From a quick look at your post history, you are entirely focused on altcoins. This being the Bitcoin Forum may also be a bit of a handicap to you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 336
March 26, 2018, 11:29:25 AM
You should utilize the search function, because there are many threads that have already discussed this. It is unhealthy for people to get desperate for merit, because then you start forcing yourself to post the strangest things that are not helpful. You should stop worrying about merit and focus on becoming more informed, helpful, creative and useful. Merits should be of literally no concern to you.

You say that you've been quite active for a long time, but you barely have any posts and just registered 2-months ago. You have not been active for a long time and you barely post anything. If you think 2-months is being around for a long-time, then you are sorely mistaken about the expectations around here.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
March 26, 2018, 11:16:13 AM
Yep sorry to say but you have been doing it all wrong. You need to start sucking up to people and you will receive merit in no time. That's how this forum works.
March 26, 2018, 10:51:09 AM
Dear all,

I know, this is yet another thread about merit, but I’ve been really asking myself if I am doing anything wrong, which is why I had to write this post.

I’ve been quite active on this forum for some time and have struggled to rank up since the new merit system was introduced.

When merit was introduced, I read many threads in which people said that the system would be beneficial for those who would write quality threads and display a decent command of English. I would argue that my posts generally meet these criteria. Of course I sometimes also write short posts (like everyone else on here), but I have also created some quality and helpful content, which sometimes took me up to an hour to write and research. The result is zero to hardly any merit. I sometimes have the feeling that there is simply too much content on this forum in order to get noticed by people who would be able to give you merit or people who could give you merit simply can’t appreciate the content due to their own lack of language skills. While quality seems to remain unnoticed, there are tons of shitposts that receive merit for reasons that are beyond my imagination.

I was therefore wondering if I am doing anything wrong. Is there anything else I can do beyond putting time in my threads and trying to use correct language to get merit?

I would appreciate if you had any advice for me.
Pages:
Jump to: