Pages:
Author

Topic: Any Bitcoin Meetups in the Los Angeles or Orange County Areas? USA - page 4. (Read 7788 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 107
I'm in, but isn't that place a zoo at lunch?  I can get there by 1:15.

We can always do El Toritio at 4012 W Riverside Dr nearby instead.  There usually isn't much of a wait there for lunch.

For those suggesting DTLA, I'm still open to it if others are willing to go there.  Where specifically does LA2600 usually meet?
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
apple valley lol

Apple Valley?  I thought the unwritten rule was that only one bitcoin miner per city, ha......So do you think this town is big enough for the two of cowboy?

Happy to meet up with a local highdesert miner, bets the traffic and smog Wink
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
There's alot of spots in downtown that we could meet up at. LA2600 Meets up in Dtown......
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Wife is leaving town that day so I might be able to actually go.  I would prefer a location closer to downtown or even towards OC since there would be some peps that could come up from SD and the OC area.
I'm game for anything as long as it's in the daytime because transportation in the night is a bitch in LA so what time should we meet?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I'm in, but isn't that place a zoo at lunch?  I can get there by 1:15.
Well, it looks like Burbank is winning out so far.  How about we meet at the classic Bob's Big Boy at 4211 W Riverside Dr?  As for what to talk about -- Bitcoin of course!  I'd love to hear what people have been discovering about this new tech and what potentially new developments might come of it (For example, I've been following the BitcoinX "colored coins" project with interest and think it has massive potential to disrupt the equities/securities market), and also hear any experiences anyone has had running a BTC related business.  I'd like meetings like this to become more commonplace as it's vital for finding connections and just plain making shit happen.  Grin
Btw I'm located in the Central Los Angeles area I'd be willing to head to Dtown for a meetup train stations near by would be helpful
Yea lets make this meeting happen does anybody have ideas for a startoff topic?
If this meeting happens I'm sure someone would be willing to do an exchange with you (I would).
Hey i'd be interested in this! Also I was wondering would anyone be willing to get me started with some bit coins. Don't want to deal with MT. Gox rather just buy locally.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Count me in for the 22nd of Feb post the time and place.

I vote for Burbank.  The date and time are very good for me.
OK, in an effort to push this forward, I propose we meet for lunch next Friday (Feb 22) and choose between two possible locations: 1) The Grove at Fairfax & 3rd St.  There are many choices to eat in that complex. 2) At or near Warner Bros. in Burbank.  If the crowd is small enough, I can probably get walk-on passes for meeting on the lot, otherwise, we can meet at a restaurant nearby.

Let me know what you all think.
Wherever and whenever, I will do my best to show up!
I've never actually seen another Bitcoiner (?) in the wild...
This weekend is out for me but I think I can get any later one to work.  I definitely would prefer any of the available Fridays though. 
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
apple valley that would be a long drive I don`t know.

well, It looks like most of us would be willing to travel to LA for a Bitcoin Meetup.

The all important day and time

Weekends would be ideal for me as the only

weekday would be a Friday that I am not scheduled to work.

2/2/13 or 2/3/13

2/8/13, 2/9/13 or 2/10/13

2/16/13 or 2/17/13

2/22/13, 2/23/13 or 2/24/13

If February does not work how about March?

3/2/13 or 3/3/13

3/8/13, 3/9/13 or 3/10/13

3/16/13 or 3/17/13

3/22/13, 3/23/13 or 3/24/13

3/30/13 or 3/31/13

As for time we could start it at Noon?

Let`s see if we can get a firm day and time before we decide on a location  Cool
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE
apple valley lol
It seems most do not like the idea of downtown (myself included).  How about something nearby, like Central L.A./ Wilshire District or even eastward, like Pasadena?  I prefer weekdays but would be willing to do a weekend to accomodate others.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
I live in downtown LA, and would be interested too.
Pages:
Jump to: