Pages:
Author

Topic: any good bitcoin trader accepting PayPal? - page 2. (Read 2719 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Same. Once they find someone accepts paypal it's quickly exploited until they use it no more.

I have never traded with him. But he has so far conducted 478 successful trades, including some high-volume ones. If he was frequently scammed, then he might have stopped with 20 or 25 trades. That didn't happened. So all I can say is that this guy must be really intelligent. He must be taking enough precautions to not get scammed.
Or maybe he's just a person who trusts others, and so far has been successful doing so. Not everyone is a scammer on the internet, but there are a lot of them.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Same. Once they find someone accepts paypal it's quickly exploited until they use it no more.

I have never traded with him. But he has so far conducted 478 successful trades, including some high-volume ones. If he was frequently scammed, then he might have stopped with 20 or 25 trades. That didn't happened. So all I can say is that this guy must be really intelligent. He must be taking enough precautions to not get scammed.
How does he insure he doesnt get scammed?

No idea about that. But he sells Bitcoin in exchange for both Paypal and OKPay. Charges a premium of 17.5% if Paypal is used, and 0% if OKPay is used. That means he expects at least some of the buyers to scam him.

Must be something else to it. I imagine scammers will just take  advantage of this all the time.

Yup, that's why there's so many people advising you not to use it, bitcoin related trades or not.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500

No idea about that. But he sells Bitcoin in exchange for both Paypal and OKPay. Charges a premium of 17.5% if Paypal is used, and 0% if OKPay is used. That means he expects at least some of the buyers to scam him.

Must be something else to it. I imagine scammers will just take  advantage of this all the time.

Activity: 756

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

It seems that he takes all the risks on its own account
legendary

Activity: 500
Maybe he just takes the risk with the high premium like ebay sellers used to do.

He cant just takr the risk. People would scam all the time.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Maybe he just takes the risk with the high premium like ebay sellers used to do.
He buys for Bitcoin? You can't say he's the only leigit seller though.

No. He does not buy Bitcoins. He only sells them.

That's what i'd like to know. Does localbitcoins have any safeguards?
Activity: 500

legendary

How can you say he is the only legit one?

He is the only trader with more than 475 positive feedback and no negative feedback. A few others are also there, such as CoinPro, but they have lesser number of positive feedback and their commissions are much higher.

legendary

He is the only trader with more than 475 positive feedback and no negative feedback. A few others are also there, such as CoinPro, but they have lesser number of positive feedback and their commissions are much higher.

The only legit PayPal trader is IvanRussia on LocalBitcoins.

Used him twice, never had a problem.

legendary

There are a few more of them. But all of them (including the seller IvanRussia) charge very high commissions. Can't blame them though, the trade using Paypal is extremely risky.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

I see many ppl on localbitcoins uses it.

It's safe as long as the person who sends it is trustworthy, but most who appear trustworthy end up scamming eventually. All you have to do is complain to PayPal that you didnt issue the payment and you get your money back. As easy as that.

What to say to paypal, someone hacked my account or what?

Are you going to try scam somebody or something?

No, I am trying to protect myself from scamming. Can he scam me if he send me a payment as a gift?
I think all the payments can be canceled, yes, no matter what context they're sent in.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

It's safe as long as the person who sends it is trustworthy, but most who appear trustworthy end up scamming eventually. All you have to do is complain to PayPal that you didnt issue the payment and you get your money back. As easy as that.

No, I am trying to protect myself from scamming. Can he scam me if he send me a payment as a gift?

Or maybe he's just curious how one would do! Cheesy
Whatever the case is nobody should be stupid enough to get PayPal scammed, and if they are - their problem.
Pages:
Jump to: