Pages:
Author

Topic: Any ideas of what we lack in crypto world? - page 3. (Read 3271 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 4
November 07, 2019, 03:04:06 PM
Stability and bigger market cap. Market is too small right now to be stable all the time, some sharks can release bitcoin for 100M and all market crashes. We need to have atleast 1T of market cap.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 870
November 07, 2019, 03:02:23 PM
I think a bit of regulations on exchanges and new project wouldn't harm anyone. It will affect the decentralization aspect a bit but it will also provide the needed security to the people. Many people are wary of cryptos because of the lack of security of their funds. Though the security depends upon us only but little bit of regulations over exchanges will bring cryptos int he good books.

I think that regulations can have a good effect, as well as having a law to protect those investors, so that they can have something that can sue in case one project run away or turned to scam. As well as, we should unite as one in eliminating scam so people who were once victim of scam, will once again gain the trust for crypto. 
At the moment it's still very hard to regulate online projects and catch scammers because internet is worldwide and your government won't put much effort to catch person from another country and etc so still and I think in future too you'll have a need to use your brain or maybe every domain registrator will require KYC documents for that so this way I guess it will be avoided.
Regulations on exchanges has it's pros and cons and that's mentioned correctly.
In crypto world we lack the situation which was 11 years ago when bitcoin was created. At that moment it was truly decentralized, anonymous and in overall amazing currency. Now it's becoming opposite of this and is subject of commercial business.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
November 06, 2019, 03:26:52 PM
I think a bit of regulations on exchanges and new project wouldn't harm anyone.
Does it harm anyone? very wrong. because in my opinion precisely when everything is set by each country, the movement of scammers will be very difficult because it has rules for example if every project is required to verify documents it will certainly avoid investors trapped in projects that have the potential for scams. and of course many people support this. in fact only a few countries care about this
The world of crypto currencies could be cleaned of scammers if all projects ask for valid documents and if government shows support for these projects, there will not be any place for scammers. It is not impossible for government and the teams of projects to prevent people from scamming. Everything in the digital world is possible to trace most of the times and scammers could be punished to teach them a good lesson.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
November 05, 2019, 09:08:00 AM
What I regret is that from the current system there are so many frauds that occur even more sophisticated fraudsters do more skilled fraud mechanisms and in my opinion indeed for so many people who vote so that each country can set Cryptocurrency to finalize the existence of fraud that happened to Cryptocurrency. This is a problem that continues to occur until now
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 05, 2019, 07:27:10 AM
If we talk about the technical aspects, it is not enough of course a new and more correct distribution of coins, to spend such a lot of electricity for PoW in our time is bad for the planet and for people. PoS also does not bring anything good, since a large amount of coins can fall into bad hands and to some government.
If we are talking about fixed-issue tokens, they are usually in the wrong hands from the very beginning.

We need to understand why do we need blockchain? I see for myself only one use case as a check of integrity and immutability of data in the database.
As a cryptocurrency, it is still very unstable and not safe.

I may add  that blockchain is very young for use in economic purposes!
I think even young blockchain is enough to improve current economy situation. What the world is facing, only some technological innovation can save us and that has already happened.  We have very good options with us. Blockchain provides anonymity and security. Crypto currencies that use this technology can produce huge profits. These are enough for improving one’s financial standard.

This is the reason why states whose economy was crumbling adopted crypto currencies and they are even trying to make it convenient for the public the usage of crypto currencies and that is why Venezuela has launched first ever bitcoin ATM. People need to understand that we live in smart world and no country can survive without adopting latest technologies especially if they are related to economy.
People have use smart currency at the future to keep inflation each transaction made, many people do not believe with their cash money have lower value at the future and must change their payment way with bitcoin as currency without inflation, people remember with their money value with last five year can buy with many kind but after inflation value of cash money make lower price and can't buy with the same thing like last five years.
Financial literacy is what they lack because they don't understand the basics of the economics and how the inflation rate works. If we will introduce or add financial literacy here in the cryptocurrency world then it will enlighten a lot of people and they will realize that there is also other investment vehicles other than cryptocurrency that can help their money to grow over the time and beat the inflation.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
Enterapp
November 04, 2019, 09:12:58 AM
I think a bit of regulations on exchanges and new project wouldn't harm anyone.
Does it harm anyone? very wrong. because in my opinion precisely when everything is set by each country, the movement of scammers will be very difficult because it has rules for example if every project is required to verify documents it will certainly avoid investors trapped in projects that have the potential for scams. and of course many people support this. in fact only a few countries care about this
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
November 05, 2019, 06:28:21 AM
What we are really lacking here is acceptance. If the government will accept cryptocurrency, they will make a move in order to fulfill what's other lacking like knowledge. If only the government will support crypto, they can include it in the curriculum so that students and millennials can learn and adopt cryptocurrency. If more people discover crypto, merchants will adopt to it. Making it an option for payments and such.
The only problem would be, non techy people and rural places. Well, it's not actually a problem since they can still choose not to adopt on it if they are not capable.

Agree with you once the government of every nation will accept and will inform people that they will legalize Bitcoin and other altcoins, then for sure the adoption is unstoppable as well as the price cannot stop anymore, as the number of users will increase day by day. But, at the moment, we still need a lot of time and patience before it will happen, as there's still a lot of deliberations coming in and needs proof that Bitcoin and other crypto will not affect the global economy.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
November 04, 2019, 04:47:19 PM
If we talk about the technical aspects, it is not enough of course a new and more correct distribution of coins, to spend such a lot of electricity for PoW in our time is bad for the planet and for people. PoS also does not bring anything good, since a large amount of coins can fall into bad hands and to some government.
If we are talking about fixed-issue tokens, they are usually in the wrong hands from the very beginning.

We need to understand why do we need blockchain? I see for myself only one use case as a check of integrity and immutability of data in the database.

I think even young blockchain is enough to improve current economy situation. What the world is facing, only some technological innovation can save us and that has already happened.  We have very good options with us. Blockchain provides anonymity and security. Crypto currencies that use this technology can produce huge profits. These are enough for improving one’s financial standard.

This is the reason why states whose economy was crumbling adopted crypto currencies and they are even trying to make it convenient for the public the usage of crypto currencies and that is why Venezuela has launched first ever bitcoin ATM. People need to understand that we live in smart world and no country can survive without adopting latest technologies especially if they are related to economy.
People have use smart currency at the future to keep inflation each transaction made, many people do not believe with their cash money have lower value at the future and must change their payment way with bitcoin as currency without inflation, people remember with their money value with last five year can buy with many kind but after inflation value of cash money make lower price and can't buy with the same thing like last five years.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
November 04, 2019, 08:52:09 AM
What we are really lacking here is acceptance. If the government will accept cryptocurrency, they will make a move in order to fulfill what's other lacking like knowledge. If only the government will support crypto, they can include it in the curriculum so that students and millennials can learn and adopt cryptocurrency. If more people discover crypto, merchants will adopt to it. Making it an option for payments and such.
The only problem would be, non techy people and rural places. Well, it's not actually a problem since they can still choose not to adopt on it if they are not capable.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
November 04, 2019, 03:35:40 AM

Activity: 798
I think a bit of regulations on exchanges and new project wouldn't harm anyone. It will affect the decentralization aspect a bit but it will also provide the needed security to the people. Many people are wary of cryptos because of the lack of security of their funds. Though the security depends upon us only but little bit of regulations over exchanges will bring cryptos int he good books.

I think that regulations can have a good effect, as well as having a law to protect those investors, so that they can have something that can sue in case one project run away or turned to scam. As well as, we should unite as one in eliminating scam so people who were once victim of scam, will once again gain the trust for crypto. 
The investors of bitcoin are already having utmost protection from everyone. No one can track their asset, no one can seal away or snatch it. Bitcoin is the most secure asset on our planet. So there is no need of regulation. Nobody wants the law enforcing authority to get track of one’s assets. All holders enjoy the control and freedom that bitcoin has brought with it. Falling victim to scams can’t be protected by laws either.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260

Activity: 744
Merit: 266
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
Certainly support from the government where we live. In the crypto world today, profit is important, we need a thought where we really support what is called digital currency and blockchain technology.

In other cases where governments can adopt blockchain technology. then by creating its own cryptocurrency as a payment tool. Because if the government still uses a decentral or global digital currency like bitcoin, this will be a conflict between the many countries that have adopted the technology blockchain.
Activity: 887
Honestly stability above all else.
That was short. But honestly don't you think that we don't need that at all especially when the main purpose of investors is to make money out of digital coins. If these coins will become stable then there is no way to become rich with the help of these. The more volatile an asset is, the more money it can return. Volatility is the reason due to which people were able to become millionaire.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
As of today, most countries doesn't agree yet in crypto world, so what we are lacking today is the support from our government, once we do have support from the government most people will trust Bitcoin and crypto world, they will begin to adopt it. People who doesn't have much knowledge about crypto needs guidance from our government, so one word will make them believe in it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
Crypto world lacks set bodies or regulations which run checks on project before they enter the market. Due to the lack of this, many scam projects are free to enter which leads many investors with losses. Also, cryptocurrency is not accepted by all the governments and this has been a hindering factor to the smooth progress towards mass adoption.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
This is an important question. Ill framed but important. What do we need for widespread adoption of block-chain technology and crypto-currencies.

Right now, the main things that we lack in crypto for widespread adoption is:

1.) Technology barrier for the average person is still quite high.
2.) Scaling solutions for micro-payments aren't deployed widely yet. The situation is worsened by all the false claims made by alt-currencies. Lightning Network is the only serious solution under testing that promises to solve micro transactions and allow for wider adoption.
3.) Lack of sufficient expertise among Governments to differentiate the good and the bad of crytpocurrencies.
4.) The biggest problem are the people who want to create elaborate scams using their knowledge and taking advantage of newcomers.
5.) Another problem is the newcomers who want to believe illogical claims and fall for these scams because they want to get rich without even knowing the system.

I think this more or less are the only barriers to full scale adoption.

There will be some governments that will support crypto currencies and will benefit from the subsequent generation of economic activity. The rest will have to follow suit. The most important thing is for the people to learn to decide for themselves and find out how to benefit from the opportunities and stay safe from the scams.

I agree with you that all the reasons you mentioned are true. there are many things that block crypto and blockchain for mass adoption. First, not all countries in the world have good internet access. those who live in remote areas do not yet have internet access. secondly cryptocurrency is often used to commit crimes such as money laundering and fraud. so negative news about cryptocurrency makes people afraid to enter cryptocurrency.
Activity: 567
Merit: 148
In addition to that, due to lack of education too, most people don't believe in crypto as they don't believe that this can be change the currency , they think that this is a big scam. Unless we introduce this to people and letting them know the benefit , I think that would help their perception.

For now people outside crypto world don't want to believe it because government didn't support crypto. and in addition too, that people don't want to believe it because of other country banning crypto and bitcoin. negativity is still spreading because of governments desires. but its still amaze me that there are projects who really spread crypto's uses and how they benefit it. but there are still lack of products and services that support crypto to use by people.

In my country, we have a lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies. There are unfortunately 3 groups of people I know. The first one has never heard anything about Bitcoin and crypto. The second one consists of skeptics, who take BTC as at least a bubble. The third group includes people, who make money on crypto. Unfortunately, the 3rd one is less than 5% as I know. We need more information.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Honestly stability above all else.
Pages:
Jump to: