Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone "all in" on bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 4733 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174
Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist
December 27, 2013, 12:47:01 AM
I have less than one percent of my assets in bitcoin. I love bitcoin but don't trust it.  To be fair I am also a late adopter so capital appreciation has not been a factor. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 27, 2013, 12:37:43 AM
there are a few people that actually took out loans to buy BTC.. wildly crazy to me.
Activity: 433
December 27, 2013, 12:36:53 AM
All of our savings (besides some of our 401K) is in BTC.  Have not sold any toys.  Not that we have any to sell anyways. Wink 

It did not start out that way.  We threw a little in thinking we would gradually put more in as time went on.  But with BTC we learned fairly quickly that the best strategy can be just to throw it all in as quickly as possible, especially if it can be timed before it hits an ATH.  Wink

Oh, and our savings was nothing really impressive to begin with.  However, even putting a small amount into BTC and holding there for over 8 months can give some amazing returns.

Next year should be fun!  Grin

Hey Bitchick, just wanted to add, we both registered days apart in April of this year. We probably invested/bought bitcoin at the same prices lol Smiley
December 27, 2013, 12:34:55 AM
All of our savings (besides some of our 401K) is in BTC.  Have not sold any toys.  Not that we have any to sell anyways. Wink 

It did not start out that way.  We threw a little in thinking we would gradually put more in as time went on.  But with BTC we learned fairly quickly that the best strategy can be just to throw it all in as quickly as possible, especially if it can be timed before it hits an ATH.  Wink

Oh, and our savings was nothing really impressive to begin with.  However, even putting a small amount into BTC and holding there for over 8 months can give some amazing returns.

Kind of the same as you then. I started with a small amount during April without ever selling. As it grew so did the % of my worth but in BTC. By the time it grew to $1240 each, it was over 80% of my worth if that makes sense.

Now I am wondering if I should sell my 2nd car (I don't even use it anymore, just sitting in the garage, a 2 seater convertible) and take a risk with it? Or continue to let my car lose value every year sitting in the garage...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 27, 2013, 12:34:26 AM

You might have been lucky this year but don't try hard, take your profits and enjoy it if you cannot afford to lose.
I hold myself, for 2 bubbles already, but my initial investment was really small and I have saved much more in FIAT
I also hope next year will be fun :-)
Bast of luck!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2013, 12:30:23 AM

December 27, 2013, 12:24:51 AM
As in, more than 80% of your savings are in it. Or, you took up a loan (even if it is a small amount such as $1,000) just because you feel confident that Bitcoin will succeed.

Or, sold your secondary Car/Motorcycle/Boat "Toys" to invest into bitcoin?

Just wondering. Considering selling a "toy" of mine to buy more bitcoins. Again, it won't affect me if Bitcoin fails, it is just a weekend roadster for me... Just wondering if there is anyone else out there selling their "toys" for a chance to make it big.
Pages:
Jump to: