Pages:
Author

Topic: anyone mining in very low electricity cost countries? - page 2. (Read 9189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
I totally forgot about that place, I'm pretty sure there was a forum member that was offering to host ASIC's from there a while ago.

I currently offering hosting here.  It sure is cheap.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
What hardware is the most costly in electricity but perhaps cheaper as an initial investment for mining in a very low cost country like kuwait? I.e. are people selling certain GPU's or is there a complete overview somewhere of GH/kwh table?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

i suggest 5970 for now, power hungry but cheap....
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
You guys will love this: about 50 cents a kilowatt hour in the US.

Well, Hawaii to be precise. We call stuff like this: "The Paradise Penalty." I ain't crying though, I'll pay that rate any day to live here.

BTW, I offer 2.5% hosting to multiple vetted miners in the US (see my 2nd link, Post 6) . I may also offer access to hosting in the Netherlands or UAE in the Middle East for similar but will need to talk to my co-op member to see if he has spare capacity.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
What hardware is the most costly in electricity but perhaps cheaper as an initial investment for mining in a very low cost country like kuwait? I.e. are people selling certain GPU's or is there a complete overview somewhere of GH/kwh table?
Activity: 472
Portland, Oregon here. We get around 10-12 cents per kWH. I don't know of any places in the US would get as low as 6 kWH. I think around ~10 cents is the lowest for the USA.

Roll Eyes

Well besides Wenatchee WA area as mentioned, Tri Cities (Richland, Kenn, Pasco) is ~$0.06 KWH.

Pacific Northwest has lots of dams and now a lot of subsidized wind power too!

On the bright side, free heating in winter is a plus...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Phoenix Arizona 11 cents KWh
Activity: 252
Amateur Professional
In my area of Wisconsin I pay less than 9 cents per KW/h because I'm on a co-op that doesn't rape us up the ass. (8.5 cents is actually pretty reasonable considering the the customer:power-line-length ratio.) If you had an industrial membership (think 10k amp 3 pahse service) I believe it gets as low as 5 cents per Killowatt hour.
Activity: 736
I'm a British expat in Kuwait.

Electricity is heavily subsidised and effectively free. Less than $0.01 per KwH.

I'm not a miner (not convinced of the return on investment) but I have bought a lot of bitcoins as well as holding some bitcoin securities. If anyone is interested in running a rig out the worlds most air conditioned country with free electricity let me know. Maybe we can put a deal together.

sounds good man...

Electricity is heavily subsidised and effectively free. Less than $0.01 per KwH.

I'm not a miner (not convinced of the return on investment) but I have bought a lot of bitcoins as well as holding some bitcoin securities. If anyone is interested in running a rig out the worlds most air conditioned country with free electricity let me know. Maybe we can put a deal together.

Same offer from my side. I am an expat in Kuwait and enjoy the same benefits...

Kokomoka - hit me up if you wanna discuss mining as i am mining already ..... 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I am in buffalo ny and pay about .05-.06 KWH so not bad at all
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

air high five. way to be a forward-thinking entrepreneur and community supporter.

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
.041 Here for my hosting services Tongue
Activity: 235
I totally forgot about that place, I'm pretty sure there was a forum member that was offering to host ASIC's from there a while ago.
Activity: 420
Douglas County, Washington.  About 2.5 cents/kwh.

http://www.douglaspud.org/Service/2013RatesJanuary12013.aspx

I'm pretty sure some of the big farms/data centers are in that area.
Activity: 235
Portland, Oregon here. We get around 10-12 cents per kWH. I don't know of any places in the US would get as low as 6 kWH. I think around ~10 cents is the lowest for the USA.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
how about oregon usa  some miners are under 6 cents a k watt
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
hello,

is anyone mining in countries with very low electricity costs? i heard venezuela and some middle east countries have very low electrical costs.

what is the best country for mining? anyone living in one of those countries can describe their mining experience?

thanks
Pages:
Jump to: