Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone solo mining alt coins? - page 3. (Read 1080 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 12:02:45 PM
You can use ccminer for most coins.  You most of the time dont have a miner for one coin but for one algorithm. So for zcash or bitcoin private thats equihash, for which you can use bminer.
but if you are really new to all this you just use a multipoolminer, that decides for you which coin is most profitable at the moment.
for new coins you have to speculate yourself.
PCW
Activity: 23
Merit: 6
March 14, 2018, 11:58:10 AM
I solo mine altcoins and i only have one gtx970 the coins i have succesfully mined are Phoenix, Halcyon, Orbitz, UFO, guncoin hopes this helps if u need any help setting up to try it let me know if i can help in any way and ill try to get u running.solo mining is great there is nothing like finding your first block and seeing that little pic on your wallet makes pool mining seen so bunk but at the same time can also be a complete waste of time

I'm trying to do exactly what you've done, solo mine several altcoins.  I don't expect it to be highly profitable but it looks like fun.  

I have some really basic questions:

Is there one piece of software that mines all or many of these coins?
Or does each coin have it's own specific software to use for mining?

From reading I'm getting the impression that the same software (miner) can mine different coins, and I just use different ports.

If that's so, what miner do you use?  I'm on Windows 10 but I can change the OS if it's better.

If you could generally walk me through the process or point me to a site that explains it, I'd appreciate it.
Activity: 16
March 10, 2018, 05:43:47 PM
I solo mine altcoins and i only have one gtx970 the coins i have succesfully mined are Phoenix, Halcyon, Orbitz, UFO, guncoin hopes this helps if u need any help setting up to try it let me know if i can help in any way and ill try to get u running.solo mining is great there is nothing like finding your first block and seeing that little pic on your wallet makes pool mining seen so bunk but at the same time can also be a complete waste of time
Activity: 229
Merit: 2
Expert to setup Cyrpto Coins Mining Pool
February 01, 2018, 04:30:42 AM
Matter of fact is I'm mining solo Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 04:26:07 AM
Yes some peoples mine in solo new coins, option avialable in wallets of this coins
Activity: 56
February 01, 2018, 04:20:32 AM
I'm not asking for you to reveal what coins you are solo mining, just curious of anyone is doing it. I've seen the odd thread in here of people solo mining but seems like not many people do.
Pages:
Jump to: