Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone still GPU mining? - page 4. (Read 5543 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 06, 2013, 06:11:23 AM
GPU mining is far more of a hobby than an investment at this point.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
June 06, 2013, 06:09:45 AM
Im thinking of quiting, diff went from 12 mill to 15 in something like 2 weeks, whats it going to be in 6 months! Especially when there will be a ton of asic and fpga out there, zero chance for gpu dudes. If I sell my gear now I can probably get close to what I paid for it, so ya, I agree with the guy above, just take that same money and buy btc directly.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
June 06, 2013, 05:49:10 AM
I sometimes do hoping someday BTC price will go above 1k each and even the 1mBTC would someday amount to something
Activity: 5
June 06, 2013, 05:11:07 AM
Could still be profitable if you find someone to cover your electricity costs - employer/workplace, solar power, etc. At 1.5 Gh, you should still make a decent return on investment though over next year or two, right?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 06, 2013, 05:06:24 AM
As long as you're covering your power costs, its still worth mining. But once the difficulty increases to the point that your power costs more than the BTC is worth, you would be better off just buying BTC on an exchange, rather than continuing to mine in the expectation that the BTC will eventually be worth a great deal more.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Life Goes On !
June 06, 2013, 02:38:58 AM
I believe that GPU mining is the most right now . But ASICs and FPGA are affecting
Activity: 1
June 06, 2013, 02:33:46 AM
I was planning to resell the parts of my mining rig after the electricity bill got quite expensive but I was too lazy to make an auction of anything. Now that I live in a place where I don't have to pay for the electricity, I finally got the monster working again. So YES, Bitcoin GPU mining still exists Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
June 06, 2013, 01:03:01 AM
Look into different Cryptos, there's tons of other potential coins out there. It's like a fresh start to mining pretty much Smiley
Activity: 27
June 06, 2013, 12:41:38 AM
I've been mining off and on for a while and I'm running 1.5gh/s across a few different cadaver rigs I've put together random parts.  Even with the spike in difficulty making it pretty much unprofitable, I can't even think of shutting them down.  The small amount minded could be worth a great deal at some point. On the other hand, money could be put directly into purchasing bitcoin if such a huge increase in value is to be assumed.  Just wondering if any other hobby miners have thoughts on the topic. I personally enjoy tinkering with miners, which is a advantage over a buy and hold strategy.     
Pages:
Jump to: