Pages:
Author

Topic: [April Fools] This better not be what I think it is... - page 9. (Read 3813 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1195
As more and more forum members are being infected, bitcointalk.org should be added to a "country infected list".
Has anyone made statistics already ? How many cases do we have right now? Is there at least 1 recovered? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
I thought my Local board was distant enough, and having only posted there so far this morning, I felt more at ease. Alas, being enclosed in very closed quarters (my local board) has proven to be futile.

Some countries do not seem to have a sweet spot for Coronavirus related jokes this year:
https://www.lse.co.uk/news/countries-threaten-jail-for-april-fools-day-jokes-about-coronavirus-yz4ek1vduhjuic5.html
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

Seriously guys?! Your posts should be a few inches away from each other!
practice social distancing!

I think I'll lie low for now.
As much as I want to help with other tech support boards, I can't do that now because someone has been spreading the pandemic there unintentionally.

At least, I'm protected... sniff.

I just quoted you, You are not protected anymore. I intentionally did that - You will be infected soon.

Well after a few hours of quoting him I got infected. It is spreading guys - Be aware!

PS it was me who got inffected - LMAO
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
Looks like we need to post here to get infected?

It looks like writing here is enough to get infected :|

Starting to get jealous Sad
Activity: 82
Merit: 7

It looks like writing here is enough to get infected: |
I did not quote anyone, i was not quoted by someone, and I was infected ....
Keeping a safe distance between posts did not help either
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
And I'm just sitting here wondering why I'm still not infected ahah.

Im kinda disappointed. I was hoping the virus would hop to any person posting before/after an infected one.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Yes, the virus is way more serious than it looked like in the beginning. It doesn't affect only the "head", but the "body" too!
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Im thinking those guys who love to make statistics are now preparing the list and number of infected users here of this virus currently spreading.
Too much work Tongue

I only now notice the "virus" changes posts too, and not just the title. I thought people made that on their own, but it's also in unedited posts.
Activity: 180
Merit: 28
No, I believe palle11 is patient zero (no doubt selected by theymos for starting this thread). Those other two I found by looking through palle11's post history, thus raising my suspicions (before the official announcement) of a distasteful contagion joke.

I see that the joke is spreading to everyone who wrote something in this thread ... I'm curious if it spreads to other threads / places... Huh
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
Damn, this is first year when immediately relized that's a joke and not real thing. Thanks to this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/theymos-and-april-fools-2020-preempt-5229603 which spoiled the fun and reminded about April 1st...
I don't think that this joke is bad taste. Offcourse, this virus is serious and concerning thing. But I think that some positive is always good. I don't think that we should panic and some people overreact about it.
BTW, this thread is dangerous for me, because I don't have face mask or respirator Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
Because of social isolation (I don't have a mask  Cry ) i will not quote directly anyone.

I already own a Copper Membership, does that mean I’m immune?
Could I be a carrier but not display any symptoms?

Wink

Edit - Oh fuck, didn’t see it was a joke. Now I’m gonna be infected.

Fuck!

I want to say - There is a way to stay not infected!

Look at profile of figmentofmyass. He has a mask and he is not infected!

Hopefully Staff won't be affected by this damn virus.  Theymos sent us a survival mask.

Need one as well!
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
Are these two users (@coupable & nelson4lov) is the source of this virus?
I wonder why they were marked in the first post Roll Eyes
No, I believe palle11 is patient zero (no doubt selected by theymos for starting this thread). Those other two I found by looking through palle11's post history, thus raising my suspicions (before the official announcement) of a distasteful contagion joke.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Maybe we don't need to do anything about it , reply/quote etc and it can just be a "replica" of the outside world situation , maybe by the end of the day a large number of members here will be randomly infected with the virus.
You had to jinx it by quoting me

I got infected before you Cheesy .   Or to spread it I simply need to quote people uninfected  Huh Grin
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
CoinPoker.com
Im thinking those guys who love to make statistics are now preparing the list and number of infected users here of this virus currently spreading. Indeed it is good to note those infected.

Code:
Infected:
Patient 0 =?????
1. Foxpup
2. LoyceV
3. Suchmoon
4. PrimeNumber7
To follow..

Hopefully Staff won't be affected by this damn virus.  Theymos sent us a survival mask.
Cool mask, there are lots of shortage already around the globe. Wonder where theymos negotiate that one. Looks very safe  Cheesy
Activity: 180
Merit: 28
It appears to be spreading (like some sort of contagion?) to other users they've had contact with. I thought we agreed such jokes would be in poor taste. Sad

Are these two users (@coupable & nelson4lov) is the source of this virus?
I wonder why they were marked in the first post Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
If you are panicking about this then you are indeed psychotic.
Nobody's suggesting that panic is a reasonable response. We're just suggesting that millions of people are likely to die, which makes the topic Not Funny. That's all.
staff
Activity: 2408
Merit: 2021
I find your lack of faith in Bitcoin disturbing.
Hopefully Staff won't be affected by this damn virus.  Theymos sent us a survival mask.

Edit : Well, Theymos may be good at a lot of things, but not at masks Smiley.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
This virus was quickly spreading...oh wait I cant type on my keyboard I hope its not infected Im so afraid my mouse just starting to malfunction this is bad, stay safe guys..
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Maybe we don't need to do anything about it , reply/quote etc and it can just be a "replica" of the outside world situation , maybe by the end of the day a large number of members here will be randomly infected with the virus.
You had to jinx it by quoting me
Activity: 82
Merit: 7

It's fun to smile these hard times. I wonder how long I can be uninfected ...

it seems that quoting the posts of infected people transmits the disease. #Stay_safe #Keep_distance

Pages:
Jump to: