Pages:
Author

Topic: Arbitrage / Easy money for new people - page 4. (Read 3647 times)

Activity: 385
Merit: 101
March 19, 2018, 04:30:09 PM
This can backfire as well, sometimes transfers can be very very slow from one exchange to another and the opportunity is lost.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
March 19, 2018, 04:06:15 PM
-snip-
This is just a basic concept or explanation on how an arbitrage trading does really work which it is really truly very simple but the question is on how to execute it without suffering loss?This would really require fast or instant deposits and withdrawals between exchanges because we do know that price difference opportunity doesnt really last too long.You might able to get the order or end up on wasting up your money on fees.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
March 19, 2018, 04:03:19 PM
Here is an easy way to make money if you don't know too much about coins.

1) Find a newer exchange that doesn't have a lot of people.

2) Go to coinmarketcap and open that exchange's page e.g. https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptopia/

3) Make sure you have BTC selected as the currency.

4) Go down the list from high volume to low volume and find a coin that trades at substantially different prices on two exchanges. For example buy/sell 0.0001/0/0002 on one exchange and 0003/0.0004 on another.

5) Look at the histories of that coin on both exchanges and decide if confirmation times allow you to be pretty sure of making money.

6) Look at depth on both exchanges and make sure it looks adequate in both directions.

7) Never risk more than you can afford or need to risk. On low volume coins traded on obscure exchanges you could walk into a trap so avoid exchanges known for setting people up, e.g. exchanges that list overtly bad coins.

Arbitrage is still wide open in crypto and a good way to learn about coins, since you should research a coin before you arbitrage it. Anybody could have made some program to arbitrage all coins across exchanges, but I guess the experts are leaving low fruit for new people.

Arbitrage provides a service, it lowers prices and keeps predatory trading in check, and can also be profitable.
It is not very easy , Since it takes some times that you withdraw some coin to other exchange and in that time prices could changes , also you need to consider the fees , sometimes fee is very high for some coins.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
March 19, 2018, 11:32:54 AM
In principle arbitrage is anything but difficult to do purchase a coin and offer it in another a change at a greater cost, actually arbitrage is a standout among the most troublesome approaches to profit in cryptographic forms of money you need to manage all sort of issues from trick trades, moderate withdrawals, know your client confirmation and that is only a hint of a greater challenge, profiting with arbitrage isn't for amateurs and should just be finished by experts with specific programming.
Yeah if someone is going to do some arbitrage trading then it could be a good idea to do it in markets that have more volume and that does not have as many of those technical issues as the exchanges of cryptocurrencies, arbitrage trading may be a good idea if you are trading in forex since in there you are not going to get some of the problems that you are going to face with exchanges.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
March 13, 2018, 03:17:39 AM

2) Go to coinmarketcap and open that exchange's page e.g. https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptopia/

4) Go down the list from high volume to low volume and find a coin that trades at substantially different prices on two exchanges. For example buy/sell 0.0001/0/0002 on one exchange and 0003/0.0004 on another.

5) Look at the histories of that coin on both exchanges and decide if confirmation times allow you to be pretty sure of making money.

6) Look at depth on both exchanges and make sure it looks adequate in both directions.

7) Never risk more than you can afford or need to risk. On low volume coins traded on obscure exchanges you could walk into a trap so avoid exchanges known for setting people up, e.g. exchanges that list overtly bad coins.

Arbitrage is still wide open in crypto and a good way to learn about coins, since you should research a coin before you arbitrage it. Anybody could have made some program to arbitrage all coins across exchanges, but I guess the experts are leaving low fruit for new people.

Arbitrage provides a service, it lowers prices and keeps predatory trading in check, and can also be profitable.
Nice idea and I have been trying to do this for long and this your example give me some view on how to arbtrage. I hope it will be as simple as you have saying. Because I decided to avoid it some weeks back when I stated to caculate the difference in exchange and there fees.
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
March 13, 2018, 02:47:36 AM
In principle arbitrage is anything but difficult to do purchase a coin and offer it in another a change at a greater cost, actually arbitrage is a standout among the most troublesome approaches to profit in cryptographic forms of money you need to manage all sort of issues from trick trades, moderate withdrawals, know your client confirmation and that is only a hint of a greater challenge, profiting with arbitrage isn't for amateurs and should just be finished by experts with specific programming.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
March 13, 2018, 02:41:07 AM
Arbitrage trading is not only for new it is for everyone but newbies need to find the exchanges first then do trades.The best way of arbitrage trading of bitcoin is buy at the coinbase and sell at the localbitcoins.com because there price of localbitcoin site is little more than the actual market rate but the prices will change periodically so need to act fast if you want money and need to have good investment that can cover the transaction and deposit fee.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 02:07:45 AM

I should appreciate you for your kind information but before I start with this I will spend enough time to get to know about the pros and cons of this .
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 01:47:49 AM
Arbitrage is all good and rosy if you have fund to actually move trade in both direction.  The free market ensure you are in control of your fund and decisions.  I think we should all take advantage of arbitrage opportunities that exist in all exchange.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
March 12, 2018, 11:43:31 PM
In theory arbitrage is easy to do buy a coin and sell it in another a change for a bigger price, the reality is that arbitrage is one of the most difficult ways to make money in cryptocurrencies you have to deal with all kind of problems from scam exchanges, very slow withdrawals, know your customer verifications and that is just the tip of the iceberg, making money with arbitrage is not for newbies and should only be done by professionals with specialized software.

Thats correct, I have tried this several times and end up losing. As an advise when you arbitrage, make sure the wallet is online on each exchange. Sent first a small amount, if its ok then  you can proceed on bigger transactions. It happened that I buy a  huge amount and when I sent it, wallet from other site is on maintenance, it takes several weeks to recover and higher price gone down already. Hope this will give  a lessons to others too.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
March 12, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
In theory arbitrage is easy to do buy a coin and sell it in another exchange for a bigger price, the reality is that arbitrage is one of the most difficult ways to make money in cryptocurrencies you have to deal with all kind of problems from scam exchanges, very slow withdrawals, know your customer verifications and that is just the tip of the iceberg, making money with arbitrage is not for newbies and should only be done by professionals with specialized software.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
March 12, 2018, 06:34:39 PM
I agree that Arb. is easy money but not that it's for new people being that there's a lot more to it than just what's on the surface. I'm keeping my eyes on this upcoming ICO as they are releasing the first arbitrage exchange focused on bringing in the masses with their easy to use UI and by leveling trading volatility. Arbitrage is a great way to make a profit especially once you're able to trade across the world with major exchanges by utilizing this platform.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31823480
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
January 25, 2018, 05:44:47 AM
Arbitration is trading only for robots at the moment, forget about manual trading through arbitrage, this is not what you will not earn, plus you need to have a decent amount for each exchange on each exchange! In the network now there is a sale of bots for trading with the help of arbitration, try if so want
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
January 25, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
I used to do this back in 2014 or so.

Back then there wasn't too many bots. And depending which currencies you were watching you could make an easy 2-3% or so.

However as time went on... more and more bots were added and it became very difficult to compete.

These days you can forget about doing this...
Activity: 26
January 25, 2018, 05:31:47 AM
If you really want to do arbitrage as a strategy it would be better to have a partner from the other exchange and you split the profit.
This idea is good but we need to believe on the partner to keep his words all the times and with this idea too we cannot continue arbitrage as long as prices trades in gap. After some particular point, we need to move funds. But both of your ideas guarantee making use of price gap at least for one time.
[/quote]

Hey PokerFace3,
trust building is the biggest obstacle in doing this. I created this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28842082
to gather the people who are legit about doing this. All you need is another decent human being on the other side of the world and you can have a lifeterm business relation with mutual benefits. I`m not saying this is easy or not risky but it can be done.
So everyone who wants to be part of the solution please join the thread and chime in. Everyone who is part of the problem please stay away.
Activity: 5
December 20, 2017, 07:31:04 AM
Hey Everyone.

I wrote this little script to check the variance differences between CEX.io and Bittrex as I noticed quite a big difference in USD pricing between the 2. Might be useful to some of yo so here it is:

https://github.com/xenothanhojem/arbitrage

Thanks!

Xen
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
June 09, 2017, 06:33:23 PM
Check this site http://trade.btcprojects.website/ if you are interested an arbitrage script and trade

I liked the site layout and feature to compare different exchange's prices in one place. There are other free services offering market comparison to find best bid and offer rates. But this one is brilliant.I found interesting and unknown exchanges on site.Why dont they add cex.io exchange to base data? Also they can add alert which automatically send email to customers when the rate for coin price reaches a x-week high.I already contacted with them via email.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
June 09, 2017, 11:57:28 AM
Won't work in bitcoin. If you're looking for quick tx times, you should pay quite a couple dollars for it to be processed within the next block. If the offset of the two trading prices you have is a couple of dollars, you'd already lose it just by transferring funds. In crypto, it might be a similar thing. There should be a huge difference between 1 exchange over the other to make an okay profit within the day. If not, you're simply wasting time tossing funds back and forth.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
June 09, 2017, 11:53:28 AM
Check this site http://trade.btcprojects.website/ if you are interested an arbitrage script and trade
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I do arbitrage trading now and then but only on exchanges I trust and also on coins that I don't mind holding if my arbing doesn't work or happens in time. Also now fees for btc are higher so we need to make sure that we earn enough profits when we try to trade this way.
Pages:
Jump to: