Pages:
Author

Topic: Arbitrage / Easy money for new people - page 5. (Read 3647 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
as a beginner you should be trying to learn the basic stuff first, then if you wanted you can move up to more advanced matters.
what you are suggesting is like telling someone who can not drive to go participate in a drag race! obviously you need to learn how to drive first, then drive for a while around at slow speed then speed things up.

if you jump in trying to do Arbitrage trading no matter how much you think you can analyze and see all the numbers OP listed through, in action you will hit a brick wall and you will feel a need for a strong bot that automates all of it for you.
You are absolutely Right. One needs to know the basics of trading before venturing that far or you might lose all coins. Sometimes, we ned to dig deep on formation before someone takes it and lose his hard earned coin. Wink
Knowledge is very important before trying trading because that is one of the key in trading to be successful because if you lack that knowledge then you are more likely to lose the game and you will just make a lot of mistakes that can lead you to disappointment if you just study first about trading and what are the things you need to do and remember then you will often get profit rather than loss.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
as a beginner you should be trying to learn the basic stuff first, then if you wanted you can move up to more advanced matters.
what you are suggesting is like telling someone who can not drive to go participate in a drag race! obviously you need to learn how to drive first, then drive for a while around at slow speed then speed things up.

if you jump in trying to do Arbitrage trading no matter how much you think you can analyze and see all the numbers OP listed through, in action you will hit a brick wall and you will feel a need for a strong bot that automates all of it for you.
You are absolutely Right. One needs to know the basics of trading before venturing that far or you might lose all coins. Sometimes, we ned to dig deep on formation before someone takes it and lose his hard earned coin. Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i think arbitrage not easy but very dificult
you must calculation fee and how long to sending and withdraw
you must know, this now sending bitcoin is very long time confirmation
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Good that op has taken the pain to describe the arbitrage process here. I have been using this method for long. The presence of many exchanges actually made our job easier to get some quick profit. People with less experience with bitcoin can make a good amount of money from arbitraging.

Try c-cex for selling because II have noticed that the price in this exchange is always inflated for many coins. Also   using coinmarket cap website you can quickly find another exchange with less price for buying. It's easy money and not much trading experience is required.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
I find your idea principally good. But the key question is if the small advantages will be worth enough to compensate the total losses you will have with the newer exchanges?
It only works only if you are dealing with a decent amount of money ,if not it is not worth it,but in the past few days things are getting worse as most of the exchanges are getting DDOS and the withdrawal takes forever even with the alt coins and so it is good to take a break or find a exchange and stick with them rather than doing arbitrage atleast for now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Many people are benefit from arbitrage. But please note a lot of risk in doing arbit for example inter-market transactions are very long time. Need more knowledge and the right decision to do an arbitration. Wink
would you like Give me recommendation a safe market for arbitration
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Many people benefit from arbitrage. But please note a lot of risk in doing arbit for example inter-market transactions are very long time. Need more knowledge and the right decision to do an arbitration. Wink
In a bull market we are able to do some good arbitrate as there are many exchanges we can take care of to make a good profit.There are risks involved and with more people coming into altcoin exchanges even they are having issues to accommodate everyone and so there are delays in getting your coins out.
Activity: 476
Many people are benefit from arbitrage. But please note a lot of risk in doing arbit for example inter-market transactions are very long time. Need more knowledge and the right decision to do an arbitration. Wink
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I'm going to try this tommorow. I think I have a good exchange website where this would work. If not it doesn't really matter, if it does. I'll reply again.

Use small amounts at first, notice the comments from people who lost money because of maintenance wallets, price fluctuations etc.

For the last week bcn has had an enormous spread between cryptopia and poloniex.

Right now you could buy a btc worth at cryptopia at 127 i.e., 780,000 bcn and sell them on poloniex at 187 for 1.45 btc as long as both wallets work, price does not move quickly against you, no security issues, no other problems etc. Some risk but fair potential gain.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
here is the big problem with this strategy of yours:
1) Find a newer exchange that doesn't have a lot of people.

this means when the exchange doesn't have enough people, it doesn't have enough volume. in cryptopia that you mentioned the minimum order that you can make is as small as 500 satoshi and these two means the orderbook is filled with small orders, sometimes it is so small that it can not even cover the transaction fees. and most of the time the profit is so small it doesn't worth the time and risk to even try this.

and worst part is that many of these small exchanges, for example Yobit are scam. or their wallets are empty, out of work, ...
and I have tried this, you go buy some altcoin there and when you want to withdraw you hit a brick wall. your funds will be blocked in limbo because you can not cancel the withdrawal and support doesn't reply and the price keeps falling on both places so when your withdrawal is finally canceled you sell at the same place at a much lower price and lose big time.
Best reply in here. True, I have tried this so many time, and made a nice profit, but ended up losing most (if not all) my funds. YoBit has a lot of arbitrage opportunities, but, as you said, one will hit a brick wall with their ever-lasting maintenance wallet. I have also seen a lot of other exchanges, but the profits seemed to be unworthy of the time, especially now during the rise of bitcoin fees.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I'm going to try this tommorow. I think I have a good exchange website where this would work. If not it doesn't really matter, if it does. I'll reply again.
Activity: 546
could you please outline a little more? It is obvious that to put forward the idea of arbitration it can not be summarized in a few words.
"Arbitration"...

It can be summarised in a sentence, and that sentence is "Arbitrage trading is a practice in which a person or bot corrects inefficiencies between different markets and different assets by buying and selling for the best prices in order to make a sure profit".
Activity: 364
Analysis is the key.
could you please outline a little more? It is obvious that to put forward the idea of arbitration it can not be summarized in a few words.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing

Activity: 364
Analysis is the key.
if you consider an initial investment into coin as a 'fuel' of transaction, arbitrage should give the result of no change in owned asset but with + equation of FIAT.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
I have always thought that arbitrage is usually a smart way to make money in several businesses (especially in betting), but I am not so sure it's so suitable in the altcoin market. Commissions, sudden pumps and dumps, processing time of transactions, etc, etc... I see a bit hard to make consistent benefits from arbitrage here.
Activity: 700
Arbitrage is not practical anymore unless you have a lot of Bitcoins deposited in many exchanges.
Still it cannot help for continuously availing arbitrage profits as we need to move funds back to the starting point so that we can continue until prices across exchanges converge.

If you really want to do arbitrage as a strategy it would be better to have a partner from the other exchange and you split the profit.
This idea is good but we need to believe on the partner to keep his words all the times and with this idea too we cannot continue arbitrage as long as prices trades in gap. After some particular point, we need to move funds. But both of your ideas guarantee making use of price gap at least for one time.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
As for me, there is a simple management only in some fraudulent project. There is a saying that free cheese is only in a mousetrap, and therefore I'm not trying to light money. Of course, there is a tempting offer, and everyone tries to try to earn some money on the easy. But it always turns around or is deceived or lost.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
After thinking about arbitrage trading for half an hour I just realized that when you try to buy or sell a coin it's better to check other exchanges first to make sure you are not paying or getting more or less.

Think about it, you are basically profiting from other people's ignorance, if they knew that they are buying something which is cheaper some where else they would have never paid a penny extra.

Oh wait, this is crypto and no one cares.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
for new people, definitely not. it is a very bad idea for them to even want to try this. it is best if they start with simple way of trading, the regular way of buying low and selling high without any fuss.

arbitrage at the very least needs a strong bot which makes things faster and more accurate. specially for the calculations. and it is not enough profit but a lot of loss and that doesn't make anyone want to try that as a serious way of making money.
Pages:
Jump to: