Pages:
Author

Topic: Arbitrage: have you ever tried and how much have you earned so far? - page 2. (Read 2353 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
I never do that because in my opinion to do that you have to chooce big exchange that has high volume so will be get better liquidity. This trading methode is too consuming times because we have to check all price of crypto in many exchange and also there are any risk when transaction corfirmed too long and the price can be changed.
copper member
Activity: 257
Merit: 0
The latest one I tried was last month for a token.
A new exchange and a forgotten one, the price discrepancy was big and no traffic.

Bought 0.3 eth worth of token and get 0.8 something in return, clean, in under one hour.

As a noob, I felt like a champ  Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
I have done this many times. It allows for a quick profit, although I do not do it now as I do not have time to be looking around. I can say that if you are looking into doing this it requires time, and ability to look around quickly. There are some bots you can get that will automatically notify you of arbitrage opportunities, but these bots are widespread, so you're up against stiff competition with or without the bot.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
I have never tried arbitrage trading and though I have a desire to make serious money out of it.  I have been trading all this while  though I seriously believe that one day I am going to diversified into another arbitrage trading. I have read many stories on how people are making good money through it and I seriously have a desire that I should join them.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
Nice sharing. Could you please share how you managed to spot the gap for that particular coin ? Are you continuously trading that coin alone or do you keep on checking multiple coins for gaps from one exchange to another exchange ? I just wonder how people finds the gap between exchanges and making profits from arbitrage trading.

I guess if we are holding some coins and checking for better prices in one or two exchanges then we may find gaps for that one particular coin. Otherwise we must need bots to help us to spot gaps across exchanges.

same would love to know how you detect those arbitrage.

also what are the crypto that move fast like eth,litecoin ?

Stellar. Stellar is really quick. It is faster than even Eth.
Activity: 280
What's the difference between trading and arbitrage trading in crypto context?

Actually i never try arbitrage technique trading. I was thinking if we can do it fast, it will be profitable.
Arbitrage is one of trading strategy where you buy any altcoin in first exchanger then you send and sell it in second exchanger because there is different price between those exchanger.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
Nice sharing. Could you please share how you managed to spot the gap for that particular coin ? Are you continuously trading that coin alone or do you keep on checking multiple coins for gaps from one exchange to another exchange ? I just wonder how people finds the gap between exchanges and making profits from arbitrage trading.

I guess if we are holding some coins and checking for better prices in one or two exchanges then we may find gaps for that one particular coin. Otherwise we must need bots to help us to spot gaps across exchanges.

same would love to know how you detect those arbitrage.

also what are the crypto that move fast like eth,litecoin ?
Activity: 118
arb was possible a month or 2 ago, now rates are too low to cover fees
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
I tried CRX/BTC arbitrage into the past and it was pretty unsuccessful as I purchased on yobit and then I saw that the wallet was under maintainance and the withdrawals were not being processed, so I had to contact yobit for support and they said that the maintaiance will take a long time so I had to sell my coins at 10 to 20% loss to get my bitcoins out of there.
I noticed similar situation with EMC2/BTC at Bittrex and Poloniex yesterday. The gap looked too good to be true, so I hard to first confirm why Poloniex end was very high only to discover the coin have been temporarily disabled. Other opportunities I came across happened in the passing as such use of a bot becomes highly essential to be able to catch any opportunity.

i have been affected by this also! and it was similarly on Yobit. the price difference was so big that i fell for it and forgot to check first.
later on i found out that most of their wallets are dead. it is ridiculous actually. every coin that you click on has a dead wallet! i wonder how much server space did they buy! 100 MB probably Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I tried CRX/BTC arbitrage into the past and it was pretty unsuccessful as I purchased on yobit and then I saw that the wallet was under maintainance and the withdrawals were not being processed, so I had to contact yobit for support and they said that the maintaiance will take a long time so I had to sell my coins at 10 to 20% loss to get my bitcoins out of there.
I noticed similar situation with EMC2/BTC at Bittrex and Poloniex yesterday. The gap looked too good to be true, so I hard to first confirm why Poloniex end was very high only to discover the coin have been temporarily disabled. Other opportunities I came across happened in the passing as such use of a bot becomes highly essential to be able to catch any opportunity.

Well, I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
I tried a few times and my profit is around 0.1btc, one time doing arbitrage can get around 0.01 sometimes less than that, I don't think arbitrage trading is too good, because the risk is high and the profit is really small and it is hard to find the timing and exchanger to do arbitrage trading
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
The main problem arbitrage trading is when we want to move the coin to another exchanger but there is notice wallet was under maintenance, but when we can move to another exchanger the price is almost the same in all exchangers and only generate a little profit.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
I tried it a few times but bots are way faster than I am and I lost a minuscule percentage. The problem one time was I didn't realize that one exchange wouldn't accept deposits of a certain altcoin for a few weeks because their wallet was under maintenance. That would have been a huge margin of 15-20% though. Oh well.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Arbing can be profitable if you large amount of coins sitting in different exchanges. It requires big sums because the profits are tiny, in most cases less tan 1%.You also have to factor in exchange fees. It is a decent income, but there are risks too. If they price changes on one exchange before your sell/buy order is filled, you may incur losses.
Larger capital must be insignificant here but you must need funds in different exchanges so that you can make use of abbitrage trading. Because, your large capital may not cover all the price gaps. So, even with small capital also you can make some profits out of this type of trading. But getting ready with enough funds and moving them across exchanges will be the big challenge here.
Yes, it might be profitable for rich traders but finding continuous profits from this type of trading is impossible as price gaps will fade away over time. I have tried many times to do grab trading with my local exchanges. But after seeing their huge withdraw fees I have concluded it is not worth for the time and efforts I'm putting in compared to spending these for my regular bitcoin trading.

It is not like that you should have only large amount it is upto you that how much profit you want , i have done lot of time arbitrage trading and got profit. It can be done only if the coin is listed in 2 or more exchanges, one coin i know which i use to do arbitrage trading and earning it as in both exchanges i have that coin and bitcoin both in stock and lot of time i have seen that in one exchange the price in buying is high and in other exchange it is dumped and the difference i got is 4 to 5 sat but the volume was high.

only thing to know is in both exchange the coin is active and all wallets are in active condition
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Arbing can be profitable if you large amount of coins sitting in different exchanges. It requires big sums because the profits are tiny, in most cases less tan 1%.You also have to factor in exchange fees. It is a decent income, but there are risks too. If they price changes on one exchange before your sell/buy order is filled, you may incur losses.
Larger capital must be insignificant here but you must need funds in different exchanges so that you can make use of abbitrage trading. Because, your large capital may not cover all the price gaps. So, even with small capital also you can make some profits out of this type of trading. But getting ready with enough funds and moving them across exchanges will be the big challenge here.
Yes, it might be profitable for rich traders but finding continuous profits from this type of trading is impossible as price gaps will fade away over time. I have tried many times to do grab trading with my local exchanges. But after seeing their huge withdraw fees I have concluded it is not worth for the time and efforts I'm putting in compared to spending these for my regular bitcoin trading.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
That's why it's far better to use a bot for that, you can really react faster to sudden price changes and discrepancies between the exchanges.
If you're moving funds manually, you're going to miss out on profit in the end.

The past few weeks haven't been the best for arbitrage though.
Activity: 547
Merit: 253
these days i keep seeing a lot of topics and comments in this board talking about arbitrage trading.
so i am curious to know how many of you have ever tried it for real, as in trading and making profit not just on paper.

and also how much profit did you make?

yes i have tried arbitrade its good when the spread of the price between the exchanges is worth it
and its more profit when you have enough btc,  thw problem i have with arbitrade is the traffic sometimes it took so long to transfer the coin...
Activity: 182
Merit: 106

You have the funds ready on both exchanges and execute the trade at the same time then u retransfer any coins necessary to keep a balance between both exchanges and start the process again when the opportunity arises. Bigger capital helps by reducing fees on certain exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: