Pages:
Author

Topic: Arbitrage: have you ever tried and how much have you earned so far? - page 4. (Read 2353 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250
I like the concept very much and tried once or twice with some profit... the problem nowadays are the long transactions time. you can loose your window. However as i believe in BTC even if i buy and cant sell, i believe in a while you recover your loss.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Arbitrage is possible with volatility, but the transaction costs have negative value, so you have to be succesful if you want to earn on the long term.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
i was doing it for a while when i was starting with bitcoin, but stopped years ago. it wasn't worth it. I actually lost more than i gained, but it was because of exchanges scams or hackings (best arbing opportunities were on low liquidity small exchanges).

also it requires more funds spread through several exchanges. But doing it manualy today is not worth it imo. there are bots for doing this.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
I have tried it once with altcoins a long time ago. I bought UltraCoin through Mintpal at around 5000 satoshi as as soon as I noticed a buy order of around 1 BTC worth of UltraCoins at 8000 satoshi on Cryptsy, but.... Cryptsy didn't post my deposit even after hours and hours of waiting, and a huge load of confirmations (not sure whether or not it was done on purpose, but it was definitely strange). Result -- I barely managed to break even. After that I have never ever used Cryptsy again. It was also the end of arbitrage trading for me.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
What's the difference between trading and arbitrage trading in crypto context?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
these days i keep seeing a lot of topics and comments in this board talking about arbitrage trading.
so i am curious to know how many of you have ever tried it for real, as in trading and making profit not just on paper.

and also how much profit did you make?
Pages:
Jump to: