Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 174. (Read 395484 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
NXT price down for now, but i hope will increase again after ARDOR distribution

Exchange who participated in distributing ardor it will automatically listed ardor in their exchange?

Why would price go up after Ardor distribution? If anything it'll go down further. I expected this dump after people got their Ardor, not before. Either it's whales trying to get cheaper NXT, or people have lost faith in NXT as a project. At this rate it'll be 1 satoshi by December. I'm just thrilled that I bought a grand of NXT at 3400. Talk about your horrible investments.

I think nxt will continue down. It has no use until the next snapshot which is about a year from now.

Wtf are you smoking? Next snapshot a year? Good grief brother, lay off the bct when you're that high.

Yes, the price SUCKSSSSSS! Ardor better be worth it in a couple weeks.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Exchange who participated in distributing ardor it will automatically listed ardor in their exchange?

Why would price go up after Ardor distribution? If anything it'll go down further. I expected this dump after people got their Ardor, not before. Either it's whales trying to get cheaper NXT, or people have lost faith in NXT as a project. At this rate it'll be 1 satoshi by December. I'm just thrilled that I bought a grand of NXT at 3400. Talk about your horrible investments.

I think nxt will continue down. It has no use until the next snapshot which is about a year from now.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Important information about #Ardor distribution for #cryptocurrency #exchanges:
https://www.ardorplatform.org/Ardor-Exchange-Distribution-Guide
#Nxt #technology #blockchain
Introduction of the #Ardor Platform by Bas Wisselink (@Damelon) at #Bitcoin Wednesday!
#Nxt Foundation

https://youtu.be/NaxOYMmNVaM
Activity: 217
Part-time Altcoin Developer
still dumping.. so nxt dead ?

When a coin is being dumped in the coinmarket, it doesn't mean it's dead. That is what I learned from years of being in this crypto world. People are just selling for (shortterm) profits because the price is still higher than before the Ardor snapshotting.

People still need NXT for the snapshot of the first childchain on Ardor, so I will expect a rise again. Maybe buy in cheap over a week...?  Smiley

NXT price is still reasonably low. No need to worry too much.

And don't forget Ardor, with many new functions and codes, is expected to have quite some issues at the beginning of its launch. So it is not a good idea to sell all your NXT now. Smiley

When a coin is being dumped in the coinmarket, it doesn't mean it's dead. That is what I learned from years of being in this crypto world. People are just selling for (shortterm) profits because the price is still higher than before the Ardor snapshotting.

People still need NXT for the snapshot of the first childchain on Ardor, so I will expect a rise again. Maybe buy in cheap over a week...?  Smiley

Not is still needed for upcoming snapshot projects isn´t it ?

Yeah for IGNIS (1st child chain of Ardor) tokens, Q3 next year.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

Not is still needed for upcoming snapshot projects isn´t it ?
It's now possible to trade #NXT on @livecoin_net exchange.
https://www.livecoin.net/en/news/view/181
#exchange #cryptocurrency

So after the 13th of October great possibility that #Ardor trading will also be possible on livecoin.

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1301
📌 peerguess.com 📌
Activity: 228
Seriously, what the hell is going on with NXT's price?

Dump, dump, dump Sad
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Seriously, what the hell is going on with NXT's price?
legendary
I have an NXT wallet with around 50 Nxt. I know I won't forge probably anything with that. But would forging with 50 nxt protect the network as much as forging with 50,000,000 NXT. Or the more you have the better it's protected?

Nxt uses the Proof-of-Stake consensus system. The more stake(NXT) you have the more power you have to protect the network. Blockchains always want to protect themselves for 51% attacks, so if anyone has more than 51% of NXT, they could be able to create there own fork and do stuff like double spends. So the more people who forge, the less chance a hacker gets to manipulate the network. Sidenote: you need at least 1000 NXT to be able to forge. And you can lease your NXT to a leasing pool and you will get a percentage of what they are earning.

I forgot that you needed at least 1000. Also, if some one has 51% of NXT, how exactly can they fork it? I mean wouldn't code have to be involved.

If you rule the majority of a blockchains token (51% attack can happen in Bitcoin too) you can somehow (don't know how) confirm your own branches. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nxt. Nxt uses Proof-of-Stake instead of Proof-of-Work, such as Bitcoin does. Proof-of-Stake is better protected against 51% attacks because of the economic reason. You have to buy 51% of the coins (about $ 7 Million) and this demand will increase the price heavy. So probably they will pay $70 Million (just a prediction). Watch more info about Nothing-at-stake too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzIl3vmEytY

Bitcoin use Proof-of-Work (mining) and the miningpools control big parts of the Bitcoin hashrate (https://blockchain.info/pools), when they together reach 51% of the hashrate they can start spam the network. They don't have to buy coins, they just point their mining rigs to Bitcoin-mining (instead of another altcoin).

Hope this helps you understand. This mechanism was one of the reasons I joined Nxt, they think different and are more safe. 
Activity: 300
I have an NXT wallet with around 50 Nxt. I know I won't forge probably anything with that. But would forging with 50 nxt protect the network as much as forging with 50,000,000 NXT. Or the more you have the better it's protected?

Nxt uses the Proof-of-Stake consensus system. The more stake(NXT) you have the more power you have to protect the network. Blockchains always want to protect themselves for 51% attacks, so if anyone has more than 51% of NXT, they could be able to create there own fork and do stuff like double spends. So the more people who forge, the less chance a hacker gets to manipulate the network. Sidenote: you need at least 1000 NXT to be able to forge. And you can lease your NXT to a leasing pool and you will get a percentage of what they are earning.

I forgot that you needed at least 1000. Also, if some one has 51% of NXT, how exactly can they fork it? I mean wouldn't code have to be involved.
legendary

legendary

Just quoting the content of the tweets from above, for the non-twitter users.

"The Ardor asset is the one with ID number 12422608354438203866. We cannot guarantee ARDR from other assets on the AE or Marketplace."
Activity: 300
Jump to: