Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 175. (Read 395484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
So, I've been forging now for something like 2 weeks, however have yet to receive any NXT.  Currently forging with 46,345 NXT.  Using the Mac NXT wallet version 1.10.2.  Connected to localhost: 7876.  Am I missing something?

To really have a chance of forging more blocks, I suggest to have more NXT. Every block one out of the total supply of NXT is chosen (from the +/- 1.000.000.000 NXT) and if that account is forging you will be lucky to forge a block. 46k is a bit to less to forge a lot, maybe once a week, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
So, I've been forging now for something like 2 weeks, however have yet to receive any NXT.  Currently forging with 46,345 NXT.  Using the Mac NXT wallet version 1.10.2.  Connected to localhost: 7876.  Am I missing something?

There are few transactions in blocks, many blocks have 0 fees. You should be able to generate a block with this balance once in a while, but it will possibly be empty. Forging an empty block still protects the network as each forged block raises the cumulative difficulty of the chain, you protect your investment in NXT when you forge.

Ok that's fine. I just remember when I used to hold Horizon I'd stake at least a little HZ every day. It was fun.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

There are few transactions in blocks, many blocks have 0 fees. You should be able to generate a block with this balance once in a while, but it will possibly be empty. Forging an empty block still protects the network as each forged block raises the cumulative difficulty of the chain, you protect your investment in NXT when you forge.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
@martismartis. It is not really the same. Why would I have to go thru NXT and multigateway when there are already reputable tumblers out there? Also the volume and amount of coins the tumbling service will really matter so that the mixing of the coins will become more effective. I believe the coin shuffling service is not really used by the bitcoin users so there is reason to believe that the volume there is low.

I believe you are replying under the mistaken assumption that this is aimed at Bitcoin users.
It's a feature of Nxt and this *can* be used by people who also use Bitcoin.
However, it's primary function is for Nxt.

Your assumption would be analogous to saying that the new lock on my car is cool, but useless because it doesn't fit on *your* car without modification.

That comment would be of course true, but would also not make sense.

Nxt CoinShuffling is a working version of the protocol and the first implementation of the decentralised CoinShuffling protocol. Whether or not it is useful for Bitcoin is a moot point.
The opinion that it *should* be useful for Bitcoin is not something to lay at the feet of the Nxt developers. It makes no sense for them to develop a tool in their own platform with the express reason of servicing another platform. While that may bring volume, it can not be the prime reason for any implementation. Nxt and Ardor build for Nxt and Ardor, not for Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
I might have missed it somewhere but wondering if we know what the current total Ardor supply is at the moment. Guessing same amount what nxt has?

Will be distributed the same amount as NXT in circulation. Check www.coinmarketcap.com for numbers.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
I might have missed it somewhere but wondering if we know what the current total Ardor supply is at the moment. Guessing same amount what nxt has?
Activity: 406
@martismartis. It is not really the same. Why would I have to go thru NXT and multigateway when there are already reputable tumblers out there? Also the volume and amount of coins the tumbling service will really matter so that the mixing of the coins will become more effective. I believe the coin shuffling service is not really used by the bitcoin users so there is reason to believe that the volume there is low.

Reputable tumblers can keep logs of in and out addresses and can be honeypots to collect a database of such transactions. Nobody knows who operates them.
NXT coin shuffling is decentralized, no logs, no operator.
Your reasoning is again the same. Everybody uses bitcoin mixers - so they must be good. Everybody uses banks - they must be good and then we don't need cryptocurrency.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
The mixing is decentralized. The storage of BTC is distributed on 2of3 multisig-adress. You dont control one of these keys. There is no other way to do it. So you cant complain, if you know what you are talking about. If your critique is lack of users, then go ahead and organize a regular meeting of mgwBTC holders for mixing purposes. The tech is ready and working.
legendary
Do you know other decentralized mixing service on blockchain? Link?

I was just answering @Startselect question about possibility to transfer BTC to NXT wallet and possibility to shuffle them. You don't need to go thru NXT and multigateway if you don't need this service. There are users who use it. It's just a possibility to mix your btc using NXT platform in a decentralized way. You use it or not.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458
legendary
Nxt Coinshuffle Infographic!

This is the first infographic made by Savandra.

Use it where you can, please!

More details. I mean how do I get the Bitcoins into the shuffling service? I mean, lets say I have the NXT wallet, can't send Bitcoins with it.

Yes, you can send BTC to NXT wallet. For this you need Supernet Lite client from www.supernet.org How it works you can read at www.multigateway.org
Activity: 313

More details. I mean how do I get the Bitcoins into the shuffling service? I mean, lets say I have the NXT wallet, can't send Bitcoins with it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

Activity: 308
Merit: 253
Guys.. I bought a lot of NXT when the price was 5k satoshi.. Now the price dropping too much!!
I thought the price will be +6k satoshi bcuz ARDR.. What the best now? Holding for long-term with ARDR or Selling...

Hopefully you'll make it back with Ardor.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
I wonder what projects are being groomed if and when ardor starts to run its gears? So much excitement ahead . Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1205
Damelon of the Nxt Foundation did it again, creating good exposure for Nxt in the media!  Smiley
An article on blockchain governance was published in the renowned French "Revue Banque et Stratégie".
http://www.revue-banque.fr/management-fonctions-supports/article/gouvernance-des-blockchains-perspective-nxt

Activity: 910
Snapshot is on its final phase . getting near the end . HOdlers I am until such time that it will be a full operational platform service.
Jump to: