Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 14. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
October 05, 2017, 01:31:16 PM
There are many brilliant ICO's among the crappy ones. The key things in my opinion are:
* solid team with experience and connections
* support from other people with experience (executives from large businesses like bill gates or founders of blockchain based companies like vitalik)
* a long, realistic roadmap with both the risks and advantages
* great marketing on a lot of different media (youtube ads, facebook ads, online articles, news reports, ...)
* personal activity and interaction on social media, fora, conventions, ...
* good website
* transparancy

my personal favorites right now are Datum and Change
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 05, 2017, 08:31:01 AM
not all ico is a scam, i myself often join ico. before you join ico, you should first check carefully how ico works, and you should read their white paper first.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 08:15:57 AM
Not all ICOs are scam but large number of ICOs are scam that was one of the main reason why China banned ICOs.The number if ICOs which are good and not fake is very very less so it better to watch where you are going to invest as you would regret if it were a scam.The real ICOs works very hard but these scam ICOs has really gave bad reputation to all ICOs.But if you are experienced and has a good knowledge about ICOs and stuff then it is very profit in short term I think.

So if most ico's had a market cap of just a few thousand dollars. Would the government still care?
They don't care about scams, they care about taxing people's money.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
October 05, 2017, 08:14:27 AM
Not all ICOs are scam and there are some genuine ICOs too but to identify them you need to do a great level of research and you should also see the team behind the project.
Activity: 150
Merit: 110
October 05, 2017, 08:09:14 AM
not all of them. It will be not fair calling all ICOs as a scam.
There have been so many successful projects and ICOs and still there.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2017, 05:11:13 AM
Of course not all of them but you should be careful before investing. Always check the whitepaper carefully and the development team.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
October 05, 2017, 04:51:49 AM
It depends on your way to choose the ICO.. I agree that there a lot of scam.. If u don't sure about project invest a little sum
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 04:30:03 AM
Not all of them. First of all you have to understand the idea of the project. Is it profitable or not. And of course whitepaper.
If everything is okay. It's not a scam

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 05, 2017, 04:27:03 AM
This is depend on the presentation of the upcoming ICOs. Primarily ICO should have the following to call it legit: 1. Reputable and respectable people behind the projects 2. Official website 3. Whitepaper or technical papers that would explain the broad operation of products being launched. Finally a prototype GitHub directory where in developments are in progress.
Activity: 835
Merit: 500
October 05, 2017, 03:37:27 AM
many of them yes,I never invest in ICO Wink
Activity: 238
Merit: 144
October 05, 2017, 03:36:03 AM
In my opinion, now on the market really are a lot of crooks, but that's okay. The cryptocurrency market is too young and ICO especially. A huge number of fraudsters is not surprising, and will continue until the market starts to adjust.
Activity: 72
October 05, 2017, 03:32:07 AM
There are many ICOs scams out there in the market currently due to its lack of due diligence during the process. However no doubt, there are many good ICOs with very brilliant ideas available in the market too. Need to identify which are the ones that are worth and trustworthy enough to buy, look through their white paper, look into forums, telegram chat discussion. The thing is, today if i set up an ICO, after the period ended, if i run away with the money, due to the decentralized nature of crypto, nothing much can be done.
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
October 05, 2017, 03:01:01 AM
Not all ICOs are scam but large number of ICOs are scam that was one of the main reason why China banned ICOs.The number if ICOs which are good and not fake is very very less so it better to watch where you are going to invest as you would regret if it were a scam.The real ICOs works very hard but these scam ICOs has really gave bad reputation to all ICOs.But if you are experienced and has a good knowledge about ICOs and stuff then it is very profit in short term I think.
Activity: 87
October 05, 2017, 02:32:58 AM
There are a lot of scams out there so you better watch out. You need to read alot whitepaper, team backgrounds so you can make decision but nothing is guaranteed
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
October 05, 2017, 02:30:24 AM
All ICO not scam. I participate in a new ICO car-taxi (CTX) which is just completed its pre-ico and I already received this month dividend in my ether wallet and ico sale will start after 2-3 days. If you do proper study and make due diligence and proper study, you get good profit from any ICO.

Everyone has to research before investing into an ICO. The team and their background, the ideas and roadmap and lastly the quality of whitepaper and website. Its not that hard to find a scammy ICO.
Activity: 115
September 30, 2017, 01:43:43 PM
All ICO not scam. I participate in a new ICO car-taxi (CTX) which is just completed its pre-ico and I already received this month dividend in my ether wallet and ico sale will start after 2-3 days. If you do proper study and make due diligence and proper study, you get good profit from any ICO.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 30, 2017, 12:57:04 PM
I do not thing that ICOs are scam. So far i never heard that some one has been scammed. But it would be wise to do a bit of research before investing in anything. I think there are some really good ICOs out there, it is only up to you to find what you want and which is best for you. At the end, i guess the only question is will it succeed or not. Chose wisely.

Uncontrolled speculation is the basis of every ICO, they only offer projects that may not have been all-time-tested. The risks are huge but all can be overcome by escrow participation in their sales. This year many ico are responsible, if they do not touch the soft cap then the funds will be refunded back to investors. I never thought about the possibility of scam because I just think of it as a lottery.
is there any ico that uses escrow for investor funds invested in their project? can you give me excample where is that ico ? of course it will reduce a little risk on ICO investment right ? I just found out if there are ico using escrow services to store their crowdfunding. but what if escrow also do scam lol?
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
September 30, 2017, 08:15:37 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
There is always a possibility that it may be a scam. You just have to be more vigilant when choosing an ICO to invest on these days. But not all of the ICOs are scams, most of them are still legit.

also a failed ico isn't a scam, a scam is where they raise money for a nonexistent product
Activity: 81
September 30, 2017, 07:29:26 AM
Don't know about this. Sorry!
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 30, 2017, 07:28:26 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
There is always a possibility that it may be a scam. You just have to be more vigilant when choosing an ICO to invest on these days. But not all of the ICOs are scams, most of them are still legit.
Pages:
Jump to: