Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 9. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
October 16, 2017, 12:31:12 AM
That's a start, but nothing as good them having a working product and provable ongoing development. A good reason to justify the token is hard to come by.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
October 16, 2017, 12:14:41 AM
There were some ICO that accumulated huge amounts and then caused to move in scam and refrain to pay back investors.
But of course not all, most of the new ICO come up with absolute legal permits.
It is better to read whitepaper, look for developer's social media profiles before making investment.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
October 15, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Well, not all ICOs are scams but there's alot of them. Read it's road map and white sheets. You just have to gather more information about that coin so could draw conclusions if it's legit or not. If the developer is trusted enough, then maybe the ICO too. There will aways be a golden needle hidden in a stack of hay, you just have to find it and when you do? Boom! you get rich.

But beware, sometimes even those coins that looks legit are scams too.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 10:22:50 PM
That would depend on what ICO it is, some are cash grab scams, and others are legit coins.
All you can do is make sure the team is legit, and that they have past experience and proof of their concepts.

Otherwise I wouldn't invest a lot into an unknown ICO unless you trust it fully.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
October 15, 2017, 10:10:38 PM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.

If you are looking to get into some ICO's:
1) Check out the site and the quality of the site. Does it look scamish? What the token is created for, timeline, team members and social proof.
2) Take a look at the white paper of a project. In the white paper, look for information like, prototypes, team members and the idea of the token. If the team does a good job at explaining the idea then you should have a understanding of what purpose the token was created for and why it is a great investment.
3) Watch the video on the site.
4) Research the CEO especially if they have social clout or a famous person on the team. It's best to find out what you can about the CEO as far as the background of the person and maybe even connections they have, especially if you like the idea. Check site's like Linkedin, Twitter and stuff like that for info about the CEO and maybe other crew members if you feel the need to dig further. Researching team credibility is important.
5) There is a site called picolo research that gives reviews on ICO's. They'll tell you if something is risky or not.

Hope you enjoyed the info!)

These are great pieces of advice before participating in any ICO. This is to make sure that your investment will not end up in the pockets of the developers who do not have any intention to pursue their project. But I have reservations now with unreliable sites that give reviews to ICOs. Some of them are actually paid to publish reviews of ICOs.
Activity: 765
Merit: 500
October 15, 2017, 09:35:02 PM
not all ico is scam, it depends. many altcoins ico is successful and good project
so, be carefull to join in ico, its better to read whitepaper before joined.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
October 15, 2017, 09:30:35 PM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
I do not know that which ICO you have joined as it depend on the ICOs that some are promising and some are shady. If you have invested in a promising ICO then you have to hold your tokens for a longer time as the price will increase when they will implement their project and if you have doubt on the ICO in which you have invested and their activities are shady then do not worry if you have bought at the early time in discount as when they will ad it to exchange then sell them at that time you will still earn a good profit.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 15, 2017, 08:13:28 PM
That entirely depends on the ICO..
Activity: 268
October 15, 2017, 08:07:17 PM
Depends on which ico. all of it depends on your due diligence with research
what helps is asking the forum on their thoughts. I recently asked about unikoingold and heard really good feedback(ontop of my research) and threw in 20ETH because of this community
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
October 15, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
I have never incounter an ICO scam here but i think the ICO you have invested stated that they just collected that kind of millions value, it will not be scam.
Activity: 294
October 15, 2017, 07:45:27 PM
Not all ico is a scam. Because there are also ico that failed due to certain problems. Therefore, you should be careful in investing in ico, meticulous in reading and plans made by the developer
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
October 15, 2017, 07:22:50 PM

yes there a posibility that an ico would turn into scam and wont guarantee that they would pay you after the ico has been finished. and i see there were more ico these days and mostly they are scamming users here and also outside of the forum who invested on them although theres no other way to combat them or block them , so i  suggest that youd better check their infos before joining them or its better to just avoid them.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
October 15, 2017, 07:06:38 PM

in my own opinion yes its true!that some ICO is scam,but not all.first we must identify if this is legit we used our own instinct,we must follow the
basic fundamental analysis,we must been become observant & deligent ,some ICO is fraud they only used for their personal interest, so we must be careful because our effort will turn to nothing.

Better always do some analysis and research,not all ICo that fails is a scam, and not all who'd success can't be considered scam, i mean later on after ico some projects didn't update and have no progress so better weight thing always.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
October 15, 2017, 07:05:45 PM
With global regulations and rules for ICO the challenges of scammers will be minimal,We have alot of ICO  coming up daily, alot are scams,thats why you have to ensure you research before investing
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
October 15, 2017, 07:04:09 PM
Yes looks like many of them are developed just for stealing money purpose
It is good to check do devs really exist,if yes it will be not so big problem to find informations about them
Check are thay are telling truth,if you find just one lie,stay away,next lies will follow
Activity: 114
October 15, 2017, 06:59:03 PM

If you are looking to get into some ICO's:
1) Check out the site and the quality of the site. Does it look scamish? What the token is created for, timeline, team members and social proof.
2) Take a look at the white paper of a project. In the white paper, look for information like, prototypes, team members and the idea of the token. If the team does a good job at explaining the idea then you should have a understanding of what purpose the token was created for and why it is a great investment.
3) Watch the video on the site.
4) Research the CEO especially if they have social clout or a famous person on the team. It's best to find out what you can about the CEO as far as the background of the person and maybe even connections they have, especially if you like the idea. Check site's like Linkedin, Twitter and stuff like that for info about the CEO and maybe other crew members if you feel the need to dig further. Researching team credibility is important.
5) There is a site called picolo research that gives reviews on ICO's. They'll tell you if something is risky or not.

Hope you enjoyed the info!)
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 06:12:15 PM
I advise you to do a lot of research before you invest into an ICO. All ICO aren't scam.
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business
October 15, 2017, 06:10:08 PM

in my own opinion yes its true!that some ICO is scam,but not all.first we must identify if this is legit we used our own instinct,we must follow the
basic fundamental analysis,we must been become observant & deligent ,some ICO is fraud they only used for their personal interest, so we must be careful because our effort will turn to nothing.
Activity: 197
October 15, 2017, 05:34:04 PM
There are sure scams out there. but remember to research and due diligent checks for our own safety. And sure there are promising ICOs that are good for investments.

Yes that's true! not all ICOs are legit and paying especially this year that has more ICOs and has more airdrops. For me it is hard to find out of which one are true and scam just make sure to research their background and team behind the project.
Activity: 137
October 14, 2017, 11:30:06 AM
There are sure scams out there. but remember to research and due diligent checks for our own safety. And sure there are promising ICOs that are good for investments.
Pages:
Jump to: