Pages:
Author

Topic: Are newbies persecuted on this forum? - page 3. (Read 749 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
February 21, 2020, 06:51:16 AM
Nope newbies are not persecuted here. The problem is that many scammers and malicious people create accounts to trick people here so some people have trust issues.

Negative feedback is given at a personal level so you have to discuss with whoever left you feedback and prove to them you have no evil intentions. I personally wouldn't leave someone negative feedback at first glance until i am more than sure that there is malicious intent because i know how painful it is to be accused of something you are not.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 21, 2020, 06:47:36 AM
<…>
That was a nice welcome to the forum indeed …

The VPN you state you are using, since it’s a Brave extension, I’d assume it’s not a proper VPN, but rather much a proxy. Regardless, that is not really the issue, nor the nature behind at this stage. I may not like your proposal (as others on the VPN thread), but that does not qualify for negative Trust in my book.

Trust feedback’s main aim is on providing feedback for economical transactions. This here does not quality as such, since it is an opinion based on "poor criteria" (as per the tagger’s criteria). If we go by poor criteria we’d probably have to tag the majority of accounts here on the forum at some point, mine included.

Now some people tag others for reasons related to scams, and here we fall on the frontier of what the Trust system covers in intent. Indeed if someone is deliberately trying to scam others, there is an economical nature under the surface, and therefore using Trust tagging is applicable in principle, providing there is solid evidence that the intent is to scam, and the intent here for me is key. Here I do not consider that you had an intent of the nature.

Tagging is also used for all sorts of other reasons, which it should not, and at some point, it would be better to have a dual system: one for economical feedback and one for other type of feedback (such as "nice guy", "dumb troll" and so forth). That nevertheless is a different matter, and we only have the current system to go with (along with the Trust Flag system which is more to the point on economic issues in principle).

It’s probably best to read the whole post I’m going to extract here, but I’m highlighting the core principle of the ratings here as per the real one above all (on the forum):
<…>
Ratings
 - Leave positive ratings if you actively think that trading with this person is safer than with a random person.
 - Leave negative ratings if you actively think that trading with the person is less safe than with a random person.
 - Unstable behavior could very occasionally be an acceptable reason for leaving negative trust, but if it looks like you're leaving negative trust due to personal disagreements, then that's inappropriate. Ratings are not for popularity contests, virtue signalling, punishing people for your idea of wrongthink, etc. <…>
Bearing that in mind, negative trust here is uncalled for in my opinion.

The main problem is that not that many people know the exact usage to apply to the Trust System, and that makes the textboxes’s content spin away from the system’s intent. There is also no real hardcore concensus on all that is applicable, regardless of what the quoted text above states.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
February 21, 2020, 06:35:04 AM
I agree with you! I'm newbies and write a simple message and it was deleted. Why? there was no ads, nothing strange. I'm just new there.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
February 21, 2020, 06:23:35 AM
1st post ever in bitcointalk forum:
I use Brave extension (chromium based) SetupVPN which is very easy to use and reliable.
I do not promote any product

Very easy
You are just a fake newbie, and you are not being persecuted, just NOT trusted by me.
http://archive.ph/iZHsh

Trust feedback is not permanent, and it can change...in future.
Activity: 20
Merit: 6
February 21, 2020, 06:06:17 AM
Yesterday I joined the forum, and after 1 post I got negative trust just because someone don't trust me.
How can someone say "I don't trust you!" after one post and accuse you that you are promoting a product?

I use Brave extension (chromium based) SetupVPN which is very easy to use and reliable.
Just try multiple VPN providers and choose one that fits your needs.

The thread name is: Which VPN to pick?  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-vpn-to-pick-5225792

Pages:
Jump to: