Pages:
Author

Topic: Are the scam projects killing entire crypto space? - page 12. (Read 5803 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
I think it is like that that the fraud project has killed almost the entire crypto market, especially with the confidence of investors who are starting to be reluctant to invest again with the current ICO project. and the emergence of IEO has attracted the attention of investors, many of whom prefer to invest in IEO that is safe from scamed.
Investing in IEO must be safer but not guaranteed profitable to all investors. Because many new exchanges are extinct, they also create thier own IEO program they make cheaper listing fee compared to popular exchange . so they can easily attract new developers to enter in them.
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
https://goldeth.io/
I think it is like that that the fraud project has killed almost the entire crypto market, especially with the confidence of investors who are starting to be reluctant to invest again with the current ICO project. and the emergence of IEO has attracted the attention of investors, many of whom prefer to invest in IEO that is safe from scamed.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
It could be a factor. Now, some investors are hesitant but those investors who are really knowledgeable and are good researchers don't make this a hindrance.
Yes some of it, but do not say entire because it is now ,there are just some factor that really affects it. Some investor does not believes in crypto because of what happen last year , many projects turns into scam ,even projects that are being advertize in different platforms as well as having a partnered projects as well. But the thing is many people quit crypto because of lack of hope, as what we can see 2yrs ago ,bitcoin has on its ATH then last year it dumps so hard, at that time many people loses their money because of a sudden bear market ,I think that is the main reason they are afraid to the unstable market.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
From my point of view, scam projects have taken away the glory of genuine projects.
Due to too many scams around crypto space, investors are not confident on investing in new projects. It's Becoming very difficult day by day to find out the legitimacy of the projects.
This in turn affecting the projects and result of this is not raising the funds as expected and required for further development of projects. This is daviating projects from their roadmap which is resulting in too much delay or even failure.
Missing interest in investors is somehow obstacle to growth and further research of dApps projects.
I think, rugulations will solve the topic to great extent, but is there any other way to stop the scamming and not just going away from it?
Please apply your thoughts.
They surely did and that was within the period of 2017 and early days of 2018. Currently most crypto enthusiasts have become aware of the schemes and tricks that these scammers use hence don't invest into these kind of projects. They come with promises of huge and unfeasible returns of investment. Their days are surely gone yet some noobs still fall prey to them Sad
Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
I would disagree with most of the users here. It is true that these scam projects had tarnished the reputation of the cryptocurrency domain to a certain degree. At the same time, they had some positive impact on the users. Earlier, the investors frequently used to pump their money into various shitcoins. Due to the splurge of scams, now most of them have redirected their money towards Bitcoin. And this is very much evident from the rising Bitcoin dominance.
And it is clear that fraudulent projects cannot completely kill the crypto space because it moves people to focus their attention on potential cryptocurrencies, no longer investing in junk projects, helping the market capitalization to focus and grow better. Besides, these scam projects can increase the perfection of crypto in the future when too many scams, good projects want to survive, they need to come up with innovative approaches and investment methods for everyone, IEO is one of the new ideas when it has greatly reduced fraud and increased the credibility of a project
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
It could be a factor. Now, some investors are hesitant but those investors who are really knowledgeable and are good researchers don't make this a hindrance.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I would disagree with most of the users here. It is true that these scam projects had tarnished the reputation of the cryptocurrency domain to a certain degree. At the same time, they had some positive impact on the users. Earlier, the investors frequently used to pump their money into various shitcoins. Due to the splurge of scams, now most of them have redirected their money towards Bitcoin. And this is very much evident from the rising Bitcoin dominance.
Activity: 770
Merit: 253
They are creating a very negative image for investors that are outside of crypto space. 90 percent of all ICOs this year, ended scam or did not collected their soft cap. Not an amazing statics to attract new audience to crypto market.
With this ICO's died and I am hoping that they will not take for granted and trying to use IEO to scam again. Maybe, because we are not regulated and scammers can easily scam that's why it is easy for them to do such thing, but, on the other hand, investors are still responsible for their fund, so they should have been careful.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
They are creating a very negative image for investors that are outside of crypto space. 90 percent of all ICOs this year, ended scam or did not collected their soft cap. Not an amazing statics to attract new audience to crypto market.
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
Absolutely yes, because what we used to have before now has changed from being good to bad investment for most investors. Many times i have invested and got scammed which  gave me more fear to invest into cryptocurrency with my savings. The scam exit projects have been rapad among some bad eggs in this community, this has greatly affected the peace we used to experienced backed in those days.
Sorry about your experience seeing that you've been scammed severally, the scam projects are really reducing confidence in crypto inventors. This is the more reason why we should always invest what we can afford to lose, it's all about knowing your risk limit. Well, IEOs done on highly reputable exchanges have reduced scam projects a lot, although not entirely.
Activity: 244
Merit: 3
Absolutely yes, because what we used to have before now has changed from being good to bad investment for most investors. Many times i have invested and got scammed which  gave me more fear to invest into cryptocurrency with my savings. The scam exit projects have been rapad among some bad eggs in this community, this has greatly affected the peace we used to experienced backed in those days.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
It's Becoming very difficult day by day to find out the legitimacy of the projects.
So don't even bother looking.  Ico's have never been my interest, and the only thing I see about them are the scam accusations against a lot of them for various reasons.  I don't think they're destroying crypto at all, but they are a breeding ground for criminals who just want to steal investors' money...and they do, again and again.

It amazes me that these thieves are still at it and that people haven't gotten wise to their schemes.  I think a lot of people who are passionate about crypto want to believe in these projects and are impressed by a nice looking whitepaper and ANN thread, but if you've been around long enough you'd know you have to look past all of that.  I don't see how the average person looking at all of the failures and scams wouldn't be discouraged, even disillusioned, but they still need to look at new projects with a very skeptical eye so as not to get scammed.

Or as I said in the beginning, don't even bother with them.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
From my point of view, scam projects have taken away the glory of genuine projects.
Due to too many scams around crypto space, investors are not confident on investing in new projects. It's Becoming very difficult day by day to find out the legitimacy of the projects.
This in turn affecting the projects and result of this is not raising the funds as expected and required for further development of projects. This is daviating projects from their roadmap which is resulting in too much delay or even failure.
Missing interest in investors is somehow obstacle to growth and further research of dApps projects.
I think, rugulations will solve the topic to great extent, but is there any other way to stop the scamming and not just going away from it?

It has a large impact and ruins the the reputation not only of the project or the owners but the whole industry of crypto. It has been observed that every major news about scams could affect the prices because gets to fear what will happen. Many panic buys&sells or trade harshly because of this news just to cut off any possible losses. It is indeed killing the whole market so it is necessary for us to report any suspicious projects so people get to know earlier.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
They are slowly killing the entire crypto space. They are killing it by making bad impression for the cryptocurrency because most of their investors are new to cryptocurrency so when the scam happens, it really make a first impression that cryptocurrency is just a scam that result into being skeptical of other potential investors which lessen the demand and possible progress of crypto space.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
I won't say it's killing the entire cryptospace, but rather killing part of the cryptospace. This is because, taking myself into consideration, I used to invest in projects but have not changed my mind because of people trying to scam me all over the past 1 to 2 years ago. So I will conclude that it's killing the some part of the cryptospace but not all.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
Frankly speaking this has affected potentials investors to draw back from making investment with cryptocurrency. Although many have been guided on how to make their own research before proceeding to invest. Cryptocurrency early days was good because scam where not introduced into the system, but recently the ball game changed. Many projects now end either with outright scam or exit scam.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
Not the entire crypto space. If scam projects killed entire crypto, we would not using cryptocurrency anymore now.
Scam projects eliminate the interest of investors and many peoples in the world.
We should protect the crypto space by prevent fraud projects stealing people's money.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 277
Many project scam make all of cryptocurreny words look bad and investor will left of bitcoin and altcoin investment, many scam ICO and altcoin after listing on market with thousand investor have lost much money, will bring big effect for other investor afraid to join cryptocurrency again and afraid invest with bitcoin or altcoin

I think it is the investors that need to wake up and buck up. If you do something you have to do it right. You cannot mess around and risk losing money. When you do your job you must do it professionally so the same with investing. You need to do your homework and create a profile about the projects you want to support and create a pros and cons list and carefully select. Not just listen to people on social media who often have alternative motives. I have no patience for stupid people.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
For me personally, project scams do have a big influence on cryptocurrency, many scam projects make investors hesitant to start investing in new projects and this has an effect on good projects to get funds or attract investors to invest in the project, when the project getting stymied will have an impact on the people who participate in the project.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 309
With many scam project have give bad name for cryptocurrency, many investor left crypto because many ICO are scam with lower price after listing and delay open on market, if running with many ICO have lower price could give bad effect for other altcoin on market with lower price and many investor always remember with their scam project and never start with new altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: