Pages:
Author

Topic: Are there any altcoins that are independent to Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 511 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"
I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?

The matter is that at this stage of development of cryptocurrencies, everything depends on a bitcoin, some time some coin and can go against a whim of bitcoin but not for a long time, finally the altcoin will follow the scenario of bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
None,because all of the altcoin are being traded to bitcoin which is why the value of all the altcoins in the market is based and being measured by satoshi,which is why bitcoin is going to be dominant for more years not unless its value will fail but that is not possible as more and more people knows about cryptocurrencies and the benefits of using it.
Activity: 194
As far as i know all of the altcoins are dependent to the bitcoin because these coins are being paired when it comes into trading which is why bitcoin is still dominant in the market,because bitcoin is the primary currency in the market.There will be none,not unless bitcoin's value has decreased expotentially,below these altcoins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
At the moment all cryptocurrencies are connected with BTC. It was possible to be convinced of it in recent months when BTC has fallen almost by 3 times from a mark of $20000. Almost all altcoins have fallen more than by 3 times. The only altcoin which isn't tied to BTC is Tether. USD analog in the cryptoworld.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
NO altcoin depends of Bitcoin. The investors mood depends of Bitcoin and then is all the market movement. Bitcoin is the father of crypto and I believe that its  price will always be the most important.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
I heard that there are such coins that do not depend on the bitcoin, but I do not know their names, maybe it was just an advertisement. I think that ETH is partly dependent on BTC, because I had previously seen a situation where the BTC fell, ETH increased growth. I believe that 90% of coins in the market depend on bitcoin!

of course there are. Altcoins and tokens are fully independent and dont have a strong connection to the value of bitcoin but there were times that both of their value are really identical to each other but it was only a co incident. most of the times the value of bitcoin is still highly volatile and fluctuates too oftenly while alts and toks on the other hand are still stable. altcoins and tokens is maybe dependent to etherium because eth is a unit for their value.
Activity: 364
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
I think that there are no such coins. It all depends on the trends. Now the trend that altcoins grow does not depend on bitcoin. But soon everything can change. And altcoins all traded in pair on bitcoin, they are dependent on him
Activity: 546
I heard that there are such coins that do not depend on the bitcoin, but I do not know their names, maybe it was just an advertisement. I think that ETH is partly dependent on BTC, because I had previously seen a situation where the BTC fell, ETH increased growth. I believe that 90% of coins in the market depend on bitcoin!
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
I believe that the price of bitcoin is not directly related to other altcoins. Just bitcoin is so popular (see query statistics in the browser) that inexperienced, young investors will always associate its growth and decline with the overall situation on the crypto market.
And yet bitcoin is a crypto Apple, no matter how slow and old its code is, it will not soon be dropped from the top of Olympus.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
http://scientificcoin.com/
I would say that BTC measures the market trend but, actually, other coins value can have a different behavior. It's like an exchange index ... shares can have a different trend
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
First of all this is not always the case. Not all cryptocurrencies follow Bitcoin price action. Saying that would be an exaggeration. Even in negative Bitcoin price action, if an altcoin has some news or update coming, it can very well defy the bear phase and can get pumped. Bitcoin being the dominant currency has some effect over the marketcap of all the currencies because of the existence of BTC pair with almost all the altcoins. But that isn't the only price driving factor.
Activity: 173
Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
Sad to say but there are no altcoin that are not dependent with bitcoin even Ethereum. As you can see in all trading platform for altcoins, you cannot see any platform that has no bitcoin pairing for a coin that is listed.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
As fasr i know theres none,because all of the coins in the market is being paird with bitcoin when it comes into trading that is why there will be no altcoins that will be independent to bitcoin,all of the cryptocurrencies are currently dependent to bitcoin! Even those platforms which are being used by the new projects are also dependent to bitcoin.
Activity: 168
 I don't think there is any alt independent of bitcoin. This is the major reason why bitcoin is called the king of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin is down ,most of other coins too go down. Mayb we will see an alt independent of it in future? But for now , no one
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
The crypto market is unpredictable, there are times that most of the altcoins are dependent to bitcoin like the last pump that we've seen. As bitcoin surged for few minutes, majority of the altcoins are also pumping. But there are also times that when bitcoin is up, some alts are not following. It's hard to say on what are those coins that you are looking for which is independent to bitcoin. They are all changing, sometimes they are dependent, sometimes they are not.

[1]So, this means that it is not settled if there is an altcoin that is definitely independent to bitcoin. So, I can conclude to your answer is that mostly, [2]Bitcoin's value states the price of other coins? [3]Then, how about Ethereum? Is it completely dependent of the price of Bitcoin?
[1] Yes, there's no settlement that altcoins are independent. Think of this, what do you need before purchasing an altcoin? Bitcoin, ETH(will explain on #3).
[2] I can say yes also with this, look when bitcoin is starting to act positive, two ways that altcoins can go, it's either they will go up or otherwise they will go opposite way.
[3] It's also dependent to bitcoin as stated on #1, when you are purchasing altcoins this is another way of getting them. And before getting ETH, you have to buy it also with bitcoin.
Activity: 98
I would say no, if you observe the market, all altcoins follow BTC. When BTC is bearish, all coins are red. Sadly, when BTC is bullish, same thing happens. Alt coins go green when btc is stable.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Only stable altcoins are independant of Bitcoin. Like USDT or DAI. And also GOLD from GoldMint ICO which is pegged with real GOLD. But GOLD is still only in very few exchanges. But it is going to be exchangeable with real GOLD. It is on Yobit, but there is only very few GOLD in this exchange (less than one once of Gold). One GOLD is equal to one once of real Gold.
Activity: 84
I don't think there are any extremely independent altcoins out there, some segment of these coins still depends upon bitcoin's quality in a way or two. Furthermore, a lot of elective advanced monetary standards out there are up 'til now controlled by bitcoin's blockchain development so I don't think there are coins out there that are extremely self-governing and free from bitcoin. In this way, that is my understanding of this point.
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
Only ETH is independent of bitcoin to some extent. In last 3 months when bitcoin was in red, it still gave positive returns.

If ETH is an independent one why i am seeing the market that 1ETH = 0.005 BTC (not exactly)
Well i think that every coin and token have its dollar value, but still thata dollar value is depending
on the bitcoin price in the market.
Activity: 448

What you need to understand is that the market is so unpredictable. The alt coins are in no way connected to bitcoin but due to the fact that bitcoin is very popular, it seems like when bitcoin goes up then other altcoins goes down. Also it will take a while before people find out there is no correlation.
Pages:
Jump to: