Pages:
Author

Topic: Are there good sides in a war? - page 7. (Read 2551 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
July 29, 2018, 09:00:56 AM
To me I don't think there is any good side of war,  because no matter how the war may be, there will be a lost of life, properties and lot more, only a good side of it that I can see is that, if you won the war for the purpose of what you fight for
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
July 29, 2018, 08:35:11 AM
The only "good" thing about war is when it ends.

War means a lot of misery and death for a lot of people, but sometimes war is a necessary evil. It can end oppression, tyranny, and injustice or create an environment thereof.

Basically, whether or not a particular war is a "good" thing depends on which side your ancestors were on and how long after the particular war it is.
Activity: 64
July 29, 2018, 01:14:27 AM
i think the good and bad side of the war depends on ones perspective, if you have a bias on a side for sure that would be the good side for you but since its war in reality there would be no such thing as good side. yeah during wwII the other party only protects ones teritory but they still somehow want to annihilate the ones colonizing them, and I dont know but for me wanting to kill someone would already put a label of "bad" unto you so yeah its definitely perspective based.
Activity: 21
July 26, 2018, 08:34:18 AM
Are there good sides in a war?

The belief that they are no sides in a war is very popular.
Many do believe that war is bad, no matter what it is fought for.
Actually, for the ancients, a war was the last resort.
 They did not spend their time to fight all the time as we think.
Definitely, I have to give you credits when you say that some counties foreign politics are the cause of World War 2.
 This is verified.
 Moreover, I believe it is true.
Guess what? Those countries are still doing the same thing nowadays.
 Hitler is no more and found Putin.
They are pushing him like never. However, no worries. The world has changed and gradually our view of war will change as well.
Activity: 23
July 26, 2018, 02:51:13 AM
The only "good" that comes to anybody in a war is economical gain. That's certainly not actually a good thing. One of the most scary things about war is that somebody is always making money from war. Governments poor billions of dollars into their military. The money doesn't just disappear. It's almost always going to private companies. This means that it is in these companies' interest to start and continue wars. Naturally, these companies are usually close to the government and often times people from these companies get into high ranking positions. It is a sick and dirty business.
Activity: 80
July 21, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
War is sanguinary and it is all about show of supremacy out of personal vainglory, and this usually escalates to destruction of lives and properties.
During war value for lives are thrown to dust, people became faustian bargainers and sanguineous. Human beings are also turned to immolation element.
Therefore, war has no good side at all
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 11, 2018, 01:58:36 PM
war always got no good side, because there will always be innocent people who will suffer from this,

Yeah and what's worse is that the people killing each other usually are fed with false sense of patriotism and being used by people who sit comfortably in their homes. Some probably don't even know what their fighting for aside from they're fighting for their country, which is a huge bs if you ask me.
brand new
Activity: 0
July 11, 2018, 02:18:48 AM
We could say that war is bad but the results sometimes could  be good. For example, the US Civil War caused an end to slavery in that country. World War II ended the Holocaust. Wars can also lead to technological advances that help society.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 11, 2018, 01:08:59 PM
People often talking about how USA was the good and Japan was the evil in World War 2, but when you see the history of every country involved, you start to find hard to take sides in any conflict, even though I hate nazis I can't see the Russians or Brittish or French as the good side, those were all imperialistic countries that killed and enslaved millions of people before Hitler, and kept doing so after he was gone. I believe one the biggest reasons for Hitler's rise into power was exactly Great Britain and France foreigner politics.
With regards to the Second World War and almost every other war, the aggressor is the one who brought the war and therefore the bad side, the Japanese did a preemptive strike on the USA though they were not officially in the war.
That does not make sense at all, so every independent country in the new world and africa were the bad guys declaring war in their colonizers? Also, in the Second World War the United States was more than involved with trade routes and aiding England in the war effort. The Japanese saw no other way to win the conflict but to attack first, by the way things were playing out, they had no other choice. It was attacking or being suffocated by the Allies policy.
In that case there were fighting against their colonizers for their right to rule themselves and remember with that there was no war fought between the colonists and their colonizers.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
July 10, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
The unfortunate thing about most warfare's that at the end of the aggression the warring parties usually come to a round table to negotiate out of the crisis. The question becomes why the option of peaceful negotiation was not considered prior to going to battle. I believe there are no good sides because of the lives that would have been lost before even negotiating is considered.
Activity: 62
July 09, 2018, 10:27:33 AM
People often talking about how USA was the good and Japan was the evil in World War 2, but when you see the history of every country involved, you start to find hard to take sides in any conflict, even though I hate nazis I can't see the Russians or Brittish or French as the good side, those were all imperialistic countries that killed and enslaved millions of people before Hitler, and kept doing so after he was gone. I believe one the biggest reasons for Hitler's rise into power was exactly Great Britain and France foreigner politics.
With regards to the Second World War and almost every other war, the aggressor is the one who brought the war and therefore the bad side, the Japanese did a preemptive strike on the USA though they were not officially in the war.
That does not make sense at all, so every independent country in the new world and africa were the bad guys declaring war in their colonizers? Also, in the Second World War the United States was more than involved with trade routes and aiding England in the war effort. The Japanese saw no other way to win the conflict but to attack first, by the way things were playing out, they had no other choice. It was attacking or being suffocated by the Allies policy.

there is no good or bad side in any of the wars... they are just brainwashed, enslaved poor people suffering (those fighting or not) and killing each other. Meanwhile, the elite play their geopoliticial/banking games.

Countries do not exist, they are banking/Legalese entities in your minds. Legality is not reality.

And whilst I agree with your points on the history regarding imperialistic/Crown Empire forces... another aspect that is often lost is that the victors alter and write the history books. We can only know a slither of the truth of what happened in any of these historical situations.

Exit fiat <3 x
Activity: 40
July 08, 2018, 04:53:42 AM
None, because everyone who is involve in a war can have more than one motive. One side may say that they are just fighting for what's right for their people but there is always a hidden agenda amongst the leaders who started it or retaliated in the first phase of war. The oppressors might be looking for resources like living space just like the Nazis did in the second world war so their people can occupy it. On the other hand, the defenders be like, are likely first to force the oppressors to stop the chaos, but after they win the war they will likely act as the oppressors who will also gain power on a country and might somehow control it for resources. The aftermath of the first world war proves it where the allies, who were the victors, controlled some of the parts of the former Ottoman Empire to gain access for oil. People always say that they are just doing what is right for other people, but there is always a hidden agenda on their sleeves. In addition,there is no really winner in war for there is always heavy casualties; civilian or military on both sides that overshadow the word victory.
brand new
July 03, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
I think in most wars prior to World War II, the bad side was whoever started the war in the first place. World War II can be said that the Germans were the bad guys, but the western allies can be seen as good guys. The Soviets really make the morality scale of the allies in total difficult to grade, however. Dresden can be countered with Coventry (sp?), and the fact the Germans started bombing civilians first. The atomic bombs are still very controversial, but I wonder what would happen if they hadn't been used? Would we know the power of nuclear weapons (even archaic ones) on an urban area? How many on both sides would die if a traditional land invasion was committed? I am certain the Japanese people wouldn't let allied forces occupy their country as long as they lived, considering the warrior cult and their worship of the emperor.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
July 04, 2018, 10:36:07 AM
Nothing good for civilians but for countries, it does represent opportunities. America's rise is attributed to it being mostly spared the damage of WW2 while Europe got wrecked (which allowed Americans influence later when they paid for its reconstruction). Another would be Southeast Asia where even after the Japanese left, the devastation convinced the colonialists to get the hell out.
Activity: 5
July 04, 2018, 09:53:48 AM
Well, if we first hear or take a look at the word "war", we might jump in to the conclusion that it is no good at all. That war doesn't have any good sides at all. But I personally think that it isn't true. I do believe that war has always a reason, it may be bad reason but for sure, it has always a good reason. One good reason is sovereignity and freedom. Historically speaking, our country, the Philippines fought for our country and enter into the war for these good and essential reasons. Yes, it is true that many people sacrifice and died, but at the end of the day, our nation achieved its goal not only for few but for the whole country. Another good side of a war is nationalism and patriotism. People at war realize to whom and where and why they are fighting.

well I must commend the insights of this speech bearer, he's made some very great ideologies and dialogues about the goods associated with war which I believe are inevitable for every purposeful and great nations, economy or a race of people which is freedom, liberty and independent from tribalism, colonialism, slavery and other sorts of mal treatment you know.
no great nations of the world abated from war and ended up being great I believe.
so coupled with self beliefs in what individuals, collective people who have liberty can do and achieve, there's more good to war.
Activity: 8
July 03, 2018, 11:31:25 AM
Also firebombing of civilians is a very controversial decision. I don't really think there is such thing as a good side in war, I certainly don't feel heroic when it comes to any of the World Wars. It just seemed like a bunch of propaganda ads flying around so that everyone would kill each other.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
July 03, 2018, 10:45:54 AM
In any action, you can find both positive and negative sides. Wars are different. War for the sake of capture, enslavement, enrichment. There is a war as a struggle between Good and Evil, a war of liberation. War is good for those who supply war with weapons, and he himself does not participate in the war.

But I think that in general the war is a bad idea and leads people along the path of self-destruction
Activity: 10
July 03, 2018, 10:27:49 AM
Yup those china shops in Dresden were a key element in Hitler's masterplan. While many elements of the WAllied air campaigns were courageous and brilliant (such as CAP over the jet airfields and knocking out the bridges and railways) there were malicious and vengeful actions like killing civilians because "they killed some of ours".  I agree with the basic idea that all war is evil and to be entered into with reluctance. Once you're there you need to win so evil becomes mandatory. That said there has to be a point when the game isn't woirth the candle. The Germans reached it in 1918 when they caved, but in 1945 Hitler died before he'd surrender, and his final plan was to make Germany almost uninhabitable. SO there are levels of evil.
Activity: 11
June 19, 2018, 04:39:22 AM
The Nazis were belligerent s trying to bring about the racial purity of the world through genocide. Some Western Allied soldiers commited war crimes here and there but this was not condoned by their superiors. The Soviets made war crimes a policy but they didn't believe in genocide or destroying other people for the benefit of the Russians, despite the policy of Russification.
brand new
June 04, 2018, 12:13:14 PM
Whenever people discuss about the teaching of history, the saying 'history is written by the victors' is almost always brought up. Some people, when it comes to debating about WWII, tend to say that the Allies were just as evil as the Axis before pointing out the bombing of Dresden, the mass rapes and massacres by the Soviets, the unlawful killing of concentration camp guards and the A-bombs. But on the other hand, most people tend to agree that the Nazis were a 'little' bonkers when it came to racial purity.
Pages:
Jump to: