Pages:
Author

Topic: Are there good sides in a war? - page 8. (Read 2551 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
June 15, 2018, 03:08:54 PM
It's like Jorah Mormont said in Game of Thrones: "There's good and bad on every side in every war ever fought."

Atrocities are committed by both sides in a war, no matter who the aggressor is. War brings out the worst in people, no matter what side you're on.
Then again, not all soldiers are mindless killing machines.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 06, 2018, 05:19:25 PM
In some conflicts I believe there isn't a good and an evil side, but taking World War 2 as example it's very clear there is a good and an evil side. To see this you can't take all the previous historic of the nations involved. Take only their actions towards the currently conflict in consideration. Otherwise it will be like blaming a grandson for his grandfather mistakes...

*POSTING ONCE AGAIN AS THE LAST POST WAS CENSORED!
Activity: 9
May 29, 2018, 03:48:05 AM
Only good side is technological progress. Just for example, we had powerful push in various technologies during and after WW1, WW2, "Cold War".
At other hand we have a lot of human deaths. So basically it looks like sacrifice to god of technologies.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
May 28, 2018, 05:39:12 PM
Technically there are some good sides. War is the time of the fastest technological development and progress. Of course people have to endure the hardships and live in constant fear, but many inventions find their origin in war. Without the development of the atomic bomb we wouldn't be able to use nuclear reaction to generate power. This is just one example.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
May 24, 2018, 11:00:24 PM
Nothing like good sides in war, because women gets rape, children starve to death, homes are render fatherless, economics are collapsed, even the environment is threatened. WW11 still lives unhealed wounds reason UN is always there to see how to avoid future war. We all pray peace reigns.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
May 25, 2018, 04:28:20 AM
in every war There's a bad side and A Good side. but to understand this better let me explain WAR and its types.

War means a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
popular Types of war; includes the Nuclear War,Border war,War of independence,Civil war,Cold war,Colonial war,Insurgency and even Fratricide(the act of killing one another).... etc
Now knowing this guides about the types of war you  can decide what kind of one you want to focus your interests, take for instance War on independence;
is a conflict occurring over a territory that has declared independence. Once the state that previously held the territory sends in military forces to assert its sovereignty or the native population clashes with the former occupier, a separatist rebellion has begun. If a new state is successfully established, the conflict is usually known as a ¨War of Independence. in this war, one can be right well as say also to be a a good side in this kind of war.

in this case the bad side is the state the previously held this new territory that's sending in its military forces.
people should be free to make their decision and carry them out. this happened in the case of the Russia Ukraine war

to be honest we can't resist war today Because of the Greed of most Humans.
Activity: 266
May 24, 2018, 06:46:44 PM
The good side in a war is at least the voice of the aggrieved is heard which basically is the real idea behind the war in the first place. However, the bad aspect overwhelmingly out weights the good which is why people and nations tend to avoid it by all means necessary.
Activity: 387
Merit: 106
May 24, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
Sometimes it is easy to understand which is the good side in a war and which is the bad side. The aggressor is usually the bad side. For this reason countries like the USA, but also Hitler's Germany,  have always organized false flag attack against themselves (like 9/11) so as to pretend to be on the good side when they "respond" (in reality aggress) another country.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 24, 2018, 11:38:44 AM
World War II for me is just a battle for power. Its a WAR to show how powerful a country can be and what will it be in the future. If you notice, the major participants on the world war II are the countries who are at the top nowadays. While there are lost lives, we all learned from what happened in the past and almost every country is making sure that world war would never happen again. The only good side is we have peace now and everyone wants it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu
May 24, 2018, 10:54:11 AM
NONE. The lives lost will never come back and the pain that it caused to the war victims will never be erased. Regardless if its for the good or bad, nobody wins at war. Fear and anxiety will always be there for those who experienced it. We always look at the result of the war but we never think about the circumstances that happened. We are only making the arms dealer rich while other people lost their innocent lives.

I totally agree,no good sides in war,the hidden reality of war which people fail to see are, the beneficiaries of war.those whose interests are germane to the war,those whose wealth emanate from the war by sale of armo/weapons and those whose political power have expanded.the soilders the ordinary citizens suffer the most.theres a popular saying where I come from,they say when two elephants fight,the grass suffer the most.

Indeed the only winners of war are those who profit from it, the crumbles and suffering are left for the people, in the end behind all the glory and reasons this is what war are, nations must have a less agressive foreigner policy, the reasons why Hitler rose to power was the agressive French/English colonialism and the competitiveness amongst european nations.
Activity: 44
May 24, 2018, 07:13:15 AM
NONE. The lives lost will never come back and the pain that it caused to the war victims will never be erased. Regardless if its for the good or bad, nobody wins at war. Fear and anxiety will always be there for those who experienced it. We always look at the result of the war but we never think about the circumstances that happened. We are only making the arms dealer rich while other people lost their innocent lives.

I totally agree,no good sides in war,the hidden reality of war which people fail to see are, the beneficiaries of war.those whose interests are germane to the war,those whose wealth emanate from the war by sale of armo/weapons and those whose political power have expanded.the soilders the ordinary citizens suffer the most.theres a popular saying where I come from,they say when two elephants fight,the grass suffer the most.
Activity: 28
May 24, 2018, 06:19:46 AM
Impossible there are no goods sides in war, stop referencing to Japan or USA civil war in Nigeria in 19th"s, what is the benefits? who gained most? who were highly rewarded, all is just futile. War is not a case you used the word inevitable, if fight is avoidable then war is also avoidable. War always destroy and destroy. No any other name to describe war even if its has a good sides like fighting for independence, its always panic and frightening. i believe round table is the solution to man's kind problem without going to war.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
May 24, 2018, 03:44:44 AM
if I think war is a symbol of destruction, many things happen and should not be broken in the covenant, but in order to gain victory then, every nation that fights must think to find a way to win even though it must be in a way that is not good, here I can say that it is the people who will surely suffer, because they obey his government that always wants to fight and in my opinion very little good in war
Activity: 63
May 24, 2018, 12:29:25 AM
War is the most hated thing by humans. Because The war can destroy all the good society. The war can destroy everything. The war can kill many people. It can destroy the future. It can disrupt the community's economic system. It can bring a lot of destruction. Even though, The war till have a good sides if the people affected by the war can take wisdom from the war. If they can change quickly. They will become an advance society like Japan, Korea, German etc.
Activity: 70
May 24, 2018, 12:09:53 AM
History belongs to the one who writes it. That being said, the good or bad sides of war is determined by the perception of who is telling the story.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 23, 2018, 08:24:41 PM
I recently watched the Hacksaw Ridge film which is about war. As I watch the film, I saw how war only causes one thing — deaths of many people. It is really sad to see that they are willing to kill other people just for what they are fighting for. But we couldn't set aside the fact that there is always a good side of everything. In war, good sides might be the end result, if a troop won against terrorist. The war only arise because of terrorism where they only want to defend their own land. But the negative side of war always go bigger than its positive so the only thing we can do is to never start a war for it really just results to loss of lives.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
May 23, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
I think there can be good intentions (at least to start with), but good sides is a lot more complicated. War is never a simple case of black and white, as much as some may appear so at first glance. We seem pre-designed to want to destroy each other, shown time and time again throughout history, both on a local and international scale.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 696
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
May 22, 2018, 12:04:15 PM
Well, if we first hear or take a look at the word "war", we might jump in to the conclusion that it is no good at all. That war doesn't have any good sides at all.
I totally agree with your statement, man. And I do not think any sides is good if it's a war. Just make a ruin. And a good sides may be the one who is trying to make peace out of both.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 22, 2018, 11:57:00 AM
Activity: 110
Merit: 5
May 21, 2018, 02:32:54 PM
War !! War is a curse. War does not have anything good at all. War means killing people. War means destruction. War is the curse of this world. War can not have anything good. No matter what. Killing people in a mass rate does not mean anything good at all. In war, people die like an animal. People do not have any rights in war. So war will never have anything good. No matter what.
Pages:
Jump to: