Pages:
Author

Topic: Are there people here from 2013 who are not millionaires now? - page 2. (Read 7311 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
I have certainly learned some valuable lessons here. Thank you legends for answering the PO. I can relate to some of these experiences, I was introduced to BTC when it was around $500. When it hit $1100 i sold and ran.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin. I'm trying a different strategy this time. But I dont know which is worse, spending 10 000BTC on pizza or losing a hard drive with $13 million USD worth of BTC. Given the choice, I would chose eating that darn expensive pizza any day. lol
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
I assume most of the Legendary ranks here are millionaires already. Congratulations. Most people I also met that becomes crypto fanatic during the early years are already millionaires too. But it is not too late. Crypto is still young and most coins are still undervalued.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Who is here from 2013 who is not a USD millionaire at least on paper?

I bet noone here from 2011 is not a millionaire.

If so what were your big mistakes that prevented this from being the case?

** edit

don't take from this post that I myself claim to have attained that millionaire status .... but then my early trading was an example of how not to trade. Im guessing the majority has done far better.

let us not let this thread turn into a sour grapes situation....but it is nice to know many average everyday people have now made life changing amounts of fiat due to crypto. I feel millionaire status is within grasp of so many that are here even recently.

let them enjoy their success and inspire us all..
If they made it by buying fairly on the market or mining fairly then it is great to know that so many have done so well.

I can tell you for sure that the majority of traders are in the same boat with you.
It is less about TA but more about the will to believe and hold.
Trading has great risk/profit margin but holding the right coin is still the way to go.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Know some guy who invested in xem but pulled out too early to get money for car repair now his coins is worth 500 000$.

most expensive car repair

and his car is still broken Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
If they had a good amount of bitcoins and held to this day then they are millionaires but the truth is not many people have the patience to hold for as long as it was needed to become millionaires, also what could to stop them to hold even more and become even richer by just holding for an even longer period of time.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
From your logic, you only needed to be from 2016 to be a millionaire, no need to go back to 2013 when bitcoin was pretty flat.

If you're talking about alt coins, lol. Who would be crazy enough to invest a decent amount of money in any other coin. Ethereum was at 9 dollars last december, no one give a shit
Activity: 273
Merit: 251
Yeah def not a millionaire here.  I don't even know if I am a thousandaire.  LMAO.  Well from Mining/trading anyways.  Then again I stepped away for a while, and left the majority of my coins in Cryptsy.  LMAO, not going to see any of those again.  Anyways, starting back up from the beginning again.

Same thing here. Lost a lot with cryptsy
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Yeah def not a millionaire here.  I don't even know if I am a thousandaire.  LMAO.  Well from Mining/trading anyways.  Then again I stepped away for a while, and left the majority of my coins in Cryptsy.  LMAO, not going to see any of those again.  Anyways, starting back up from the beginning again.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
According to my analysis, someone new to criptocurrency finds it hard to be a millionaire because of the lack of knowledge and information. In developing countries. As for those that already have results in this case BTC / ALT Coin else. They prefer to be consumed instead of investing in cryptocurrency Grin
donator
Activity: 55
Merit: 3
the internet never sleeps
as i joined here the BTC was around 10 USD, bitcoin was a game for nerds.
We build our own economy and felt like crypto pirates, we invested in ponzi schemes (Pirate *haha*) and thought that we are the kings of the world because we had unbelievable interests.
We used Marketplaces who brougt us into difficulties or were closed by governance or frozen by banks or marketplaces who losed our coins (Mt. Gox).

We learnd it by the Hard Way, spended a lot of BTCs for nonsense because it was cool to pay with BTC or lost them because we were to stupid to follow some simple rules.

As the price was 60 USD i dropped all coins a had, because i cant imagine that it gets higher.
I lost more then 20-30 BTC with Scam, of course if i keept all the btc i had i would now be a millionair.

Join the club.
Activity: 118
Owner of Empire Hotels
as i joined here the BTC was around 10 USD, bitcoin was a game for nerds.
We build our own economy and felt like crypto pirates, we invested in ponzi schemes (Pirate *haha*) and thought that we are the kings of the world because we had unbelievable interests.
We used Marketplaces who brougt us into difficulties or were closed by governance or frozen by banks or marketplaces who losed our coins (Mt. Gox).

We learnd it by the Hard Way, spended a lot of BTCs for nonsense because it was cool to pay with BTC or lost them because we were to stupid to follow some simple rules.

As the price was 60 USD i dropped all coins a had, because i cant imagine that it gets higher.
I lost more then 20-30 BTC with Scam, of course if i keept all the btc i had i would now be a millionair.

Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
The chances of becoming a millionaires2 from altcoin purchases are very easy, but for those who can keep their altcoin on hold it can make sense, since long-term purchases can profit them more than 100% if they grow altcoins from 2013 to 2017 now, They not only have the chance to become millionaires even they have the opportunity to become a billionaire

It will only happen depending on the amount their holding but for sure they are lot more richer than they are in 2013.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
The chances of becoming a millionaires2 from altcoin purchases are very easy, but for those who can keep their altcoin on hold it can make sense, since long-term purchases can profit them more than 100% if they grow altcoins from 2013 to 2017 now, They not only have the chance to become millionaires even they have the opportunity to become a billionaire
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
it seems likely we have a handful of millionaires from 2013 but I would say it's a SMALL handful. Take's lots of discipline and a little luck.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
This was easier for people who bought their ETH during the ICO  Grin

The price was around 1660 eth for 1 BTC, I remember when I was saying "the markep cap will be at $20~25m, this is damn too high, this will never work". Damn it.

I was a Dogelionaire, does that count ?  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
I not think only know and buy Bitcoin in 2013-2015 is good way become to millionaire. I have some friends buy ETH in end 2016 with price 6$ and mining it, just hold it and today they has been become to millionaire and not need wait more time like Bitcoin =)). Some other friends not choose ETH, they choose other altcoin as NEM, Ripple, Stellar Lumen, Stratis, Digital Byte ... and became millionaire too
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Many people came from 2013 are not becoming millionaires at this current year since of the people used to grab more btc at that time already sold their BTC for their own financial needs ad maybe those who became millionaire's unto it are those people who forget that they have balance in their wallets but this matter is so rare since there are no claimnants that they become rich for staking since year 2013.
Activity: 70
I joined bitcointalk in 13 May 2017, all i do in this forum is collecting coin then dump it for real money... which so many coins I dumped in my early days I don't know what coins are those that could have made me profit,yes greed is your big enemy here and patient is a virtue.
now after read this thread i think i'll change my habbit because maybe some day i became a millionere too  Grin so much inspiration from bitcointalk to do something but i will try which way is suit me most, too much way to follow
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
No lol. Otherwise why do you think that most of us are still on this forum anyways? If I was a millionaire i would be enjoying the high life and taking vacations whenever I can and not bother to check back on this forum every once in a while... Sigh.

You can't assume that people just held through all these years. I've been using bitcoin since 2010 and i'm still a pretty broke bloke. The worst thing i did with my savings was to buy in at 2013 near the ATH only to sell it at $200 apiece a year later. Absolute stupidity if you ask anyone right now. But things looked grim back then, bitcoin was still in its early stages and didn't have many believers. If i held these coins i still would have doubled my money which is crazy if you ask me.

This is why it is a minority of people from 2013 that are millionaires, most people sell off long before having a net worth that high. You can call it short sighted but why would you risk tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars if you can take it out risk free.
This is correct, those that bought back in the day, probably took the earnings they could and then they sold, nothing wrong with that but only those that truly believed in bitcoin or that were very intelligent investors will keep their coins for this long and I’m sure even them have problems holding at the moment since the temptation to sell at these prices are without a doubt something to take into consideration.
Activity: 696
Merit: 439
Not yet, hopefully by the end of the year. 2018 the latest. When the next halving comes the price will be that much higher. Buy and hold, this is revolutionizing money, banking and other applications that will come about from blockchain tech. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Pages:
Jump to: