Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we not abusing decentralization? - page 9. (Read 1942 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 101
February 25, 2019, 10:50:38 PM
I think about this all the time especially with all the new projects that are coming out. We are forgetting the true goal of cryptocurrency and instead making it closer to the current state of fiat money. The only project that I know about and am truly looking forward to that doesn't sacrifice decentralization and is the truest form of crypto imo will be Ampleforth. Currently in testnet but they will be someone to watch closely.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
February 25, 2019, 09:27:47 AM
Decentralization is one of the greatest dreams of Satoshi looking at the how the blockchain technology and its immutable distributed ledger has been designed. Well it saddens my heart that the greed of men has led to the abusing of this freedom and liberty that Satoshi wanted us to have in the financial industry. Look at the way people are being scammed and robbed in broad day light just because crypto is embedded in anonymity and decentralization. I think we've all had it to the peak, how about we have some level of regulation with the activities in the crypto industry. Share your thoughts commrades.
We are not. Decentralization of cryptocurrency is an advantage for the cryptos itself. It is good that no one handles and manages it just like government. This financial industry and digital money world is good for everyone of us especially when we are smarter. You will be only scammed when you have ignorance in your head. Just be informative in every step you take.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
February 25, 2019, 02:46:56 AM
Decentralization is one of the greatest dreams of Satoshi looking at the how the blockchain technology and its immutable distributed ledger has been designed. Well it saddens my heart that the greed of men has led to the abusing of this freedom and liberty that Satoshi wanted us to have in the financial industry. Look at the way people are being scammed and robbed in broad day light just because crypto is embedded in anonymity and decentralization. I think we've all had it to the peak, how about we have some level of regulation with the activities in the crypto industry. Share your thoughts commrades.

I have been saying this all along. There are many advantages of decentralization but decentralization could not contain the bad side of human nature so much so that we had seen people being robbed on the broad daylight digitally and has been the big reason why cryptocurrency has become the scammers' paradise. I am sure millions if not billions of money have had been lost to scams and failed projects in this industry. Decentralization then without constraints can be a bad thing since many will be taking advantage of this for their own benefits and at the big expense of innocent people robbed of their hard-earned money. The whole industry has to be doing something concrete about this problem.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
February 25, 2019, 01:30:32 AM
Decentralized cryptocurrency is not really perfect yet. However, she is only ten years old and continues to evolve. In my opinion, you should not destroy its main achievement - decentralization just because it still has security vulnerabilities. In addition, the regulation of cryptocurrency by moving to the centralized principle of its existence does not solve this problem anyway. Cryptocurrency abuses still remain. While there is no need to hurry anywhere, let a decentralized cryptocurrency develop.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
February 24, 2019, 11:44:11 PM
all things in this world are easily misused by everyone including crypto currencies. the aim of creating crypto currencies is that everyone can manage their assets safely and very confidentially. but all systems, including crypto, are easily misused for personal gain and that is done by bad people. we cannot avoid misuse of a decentralized crypto system. however, we can prevent this abuse by making a more stringent security system.
Activity: 255
Merit: 12
February 24, 2019, 09:16:02 PM
I believe you don't understand what the word decentralization means. if you did, you will know that decentralization is like democracy; people are in charge of whatever  they do on a decentralized platform.  What people need to understand and know it that, with this freedom provided by decentralization, you are in charge of your own safety on this platforms.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
February 24, 2019, 07:58:48 PM
As the decentralization has provided with the easy access for dark web needs, it isn't abusing decentralization. It is upto the user who make use of it, even with the fiat large scale illegal activities happen than that happening through bitcoin as well other digital currencies. When one has got good in it surely it'll have negative side as well.

The user is still responsible for what is happening to his accounts.
Though we are not free from those illegal activities, we can just minimize our risk of being part of it.
This side of business, which is crypto, is really hard to regulate because it was created not to have one.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
February 23, 2019, 03:43:12 AM
As the decentralization has provided with the easy access for dark web needs, it isn't abusing decentralization. It is upto the user who make use of it, even with the fiat large scale illegal activities happen than that happening through bitcoin as well other digital currencies. When one has got good in it surely it'll have negative side as well.

No mate . decentralization dont help users to access the darkweb easily  .  it needs a special tools  ( e.g tor/onion browser )  to dive into the deepweb  .  bitcoin and crypto only influence the darkweb because both are anonymous  . you are right  .  its up to the user if he will abuse cryptos  but this should not be a big issue because even fiats or any other payment methods do already being abused by the people who use it .

I dont think dark web have relation with bitcoin. Bitcoin only a tool that people used for transaction but i dont think this is become issue. Bitcoin is peer to peer payment system and some people need anonymity on their transaction and i think its legal. Abused if bitcoin used for criminal activity.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
February 23, 2019, 02:44:42 AM
You should know that every development have it advantage and disadvantage and the scams and all the other negative activities in the bitcoin/blockchain is one of those negative aspect of the development and Santoshi himself will have for seen this coming also but we can not deny the fact that decentralization has made total freedom in the financial system possible in this generation.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
February 23, 2019, 02:22:33 AM

No mate . decentralization dont help users to access the darkweb easily  .  it needs a special tools  ( e.g tor/onion browser )  to dive into the deepweb  .  bitcoin and crypto only influence the darkweb because both are anonymous  . you are right  .  its up to the user if he will abuse cryptos  but this should not be a big issue because even fiats or any other payment methods do already being abused by the people who use it .
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 22, 2019, 04:29:37 PM
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
February 22, 2019, 05:54:57 AM
Actually, we are not abusing decentralization, we are abusing the concept of it. For somethings, there is no need for decentralization.

By the way, anybody wants to invest in my decentralized bakery? Smiley
What is different? sometimes decentralization is indeed very beneficial for one's privacy. but it is actually prone to fraud. in a decentralized, belief is number 1, people are sometimes reluctant to transact with someone like an invest because they don't know the identity of the owner?
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
February 22, 2019, 04:24:55 AM

The people who are being scammed is everywhere in this world, because there are always the bad guys.
The important things that we must consider is improving the security of the decentralized wallet too keep it more safe and no more scams.
But back again in the fact of the internet.. no system is safe.. everything that is on the internet are hackable even it has a very good security
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 21, 2019, 09:20:40 PM
Actually, we are not abusing decentralization, we are abusing the concept of it. For somethings, there is no need for decentralization.

Exactly. Decentralization is not an All-in-one solution for everything. Sometimes, centralization is needed to make things work as it should. I believe that the term "decentralized" has been greatly overhyped and abused, especially by startups and companies. This is true because, nearly every new cryptocurrency or blockchain project uses the "decentralized" concept to attract users to them. For example, Ripple claims that XRP is decentralized when in fact, it is not.

On the other side of things, we've been abusing decentralization by creating too many forks out of Bitcoin that are not necessary. Therefore, in some sort of way, we've been abusing decentralization for quite some time.

It is worth noting that it is not because of the anonymity and decentralization approach of bitcoin that we more likely to experience scam and robbery, we can get scam without using such service anytime. It is the primary responsibility of the virtual currency owner to protect his or her fund to the best of his or her ability.

It is also good to mention that as much as I like to believe that you are in good terms with bitcoin's decentralization approach, at the last part you like to put some level of regulation, which means you wanted to employ a trusted third-participation to IDK, to limit the possibility of scam? Again it is the primary responsibility of the owner to protect his or her fund.

Yes. You can't blame decentralization on something that's your responsibility. Being decentralized means being free. Because of this, there are many risks involved that one needs to have in mind. Of course, scams and hacks or theft are all over the place. However, following the right guidelines could make you nearly invulnerable to such caveats. Despite this, decentralization has been largely abused as scammers have taken the opportunity to affect other crypto users. Just my thoughts Grin
copper member
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
February 17, 2019, 03:15:11 PM

Even though many have been scammed through the anonymous nature of blockchains, it most definitely has brought more good than harm since people now have autonomous power and control over their assets through decentralization. No bank can access your funds because pk is secured. The only major problem are scam ICOs and I believe STO would definitely solve these problems. But at the end of the day, smart investment has always been the shield protecting people from scams and frauds.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
February 17, 2019, 12:11:43 AM

In my opinion, I think we are not abusing the decentralization of bitcoin. Since bitcoin has started it is decentralized and I think once bitcoin is centralized we will not be able to experience the bull run or the unexpected change of bitcoin to its highest peak or its lowest. If bitcoin is decentralized, we could expect the best and the price that we want. But I think those who are scammers so called. Uses the technology to take advantage or to abuse the decentralization of bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
February 16, 2019, 05:10:15 AM
Maybe  we would have to understand this bitcoin in future because of the ways many have take it as a channel of scamming investors and traders.  Decentraliziation bring stability and trust and if we decided to used bitcoin as it ought to be then we most build trust and transparency in cryptocurrencies transactions.  The anonymous nature of bitcoin and blockchain technology has been taking advantage of by the criminals to scam and steal hard earned money of investors.
Activity: 319
Merit: 11
February 16, 2019, 04:38:52 AM

It is worth noting that it is not because of the anonymity and decentralization approach of bitcoin that we more likely to experience scam and robbery, we can get scam without using such service anytime. It is the primary responsibility of the virtual currency owner to protect his or her fund to the best of his or her ability.

It is also good to mention that as much as I like to believe that you are in good terms with bitcoin's decentralization approach, at the last part you like to put some level of regulation, which means you wanted to employ a trusted third-participation to IDK, to limit the possibility of scam? Again it is the primary responsibility of the owner to protect his or her fund.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
February 16, 2019, 02:22:46 AM

By the way, anybody wants to invest in my decentralized bakery? Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
Xch4nge.com
February 16, 2019, 01:38:01 AM
Decentralization is one of the greatest dreams of Satoshi looking at the how the blockchain technology and its immutable distributed ledger has been designed. Well it saddens my heart that the greed of men has led to the abusing of this freedom and liberty that Satoshi wanted us to have in the financial industry. Look at the way people are being scammed and robbed in broad day light just because crypto is embedded in anonymity and decentralization.

I don't think so because that's the nature of what's called decentralization which we had previously admired because there was no third party/bank involved, but because there was no control from the authorities, of course the benefits of decentralization eventually tended to be misused.

I think we've all had it to the peak, how about we have some level of regulation with the activities in the crypto industry. Share your thoughts commrades.

In my opinion this's very important like KYC or something like that, unfortunately we don't know exactly the people behind it, so don't be surprised if its existence is often doubted by us, including the people in this forum.
Pages:
Jump to: