Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we revolutionaries? - page 2. (Read 3671 times)

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
April 01, 2013, 12:55:17 AM
who always creates the revolutions and revolutionaries?

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 01, 2013, 12:31:43 AM
I predict crypto-currency is going to stay for as long as the Internet is still around.  So if the feds wanna duke it out, they're gonna have to play by our rules, too.

And I'm with you bud, I've learned crazy amounts about how money works and how the economy works just by being around peeps here.  Funny, because my high school economics class was half a year of wasted time. Undecided
Activity: 165
Merit: 102
Live life on purpose
April 01, 2013, 12:21:17 AM
There seem to be a lot of posts recently about the revolutionary nature of Bitcoin. Granted, I'm new to the game, so maybe this has been going on since the beginning. For me, research into the corrupt banking system and how money works led me to Bitcoin (which I've blogged about).

I tweeted this last night: The revolutionary war of the future may not be fought with guns or bombs. It just might be fought with currency.

Are we the revolutionaries of tomorrow?

If so, I hope our barricade is made of more than chairs and desks. We need to understand the weapons being used. This FinCEN stuff, for example. We need to understand it well and play by the rules. If you sell Bitcoins locally, do you have to be registered? I've already emailed the guy in my state in charge of the money transmitter's registration stuff. I need to learn more.

If things get crazier, a different day may come where new rules need to be created or the current ones broken, but I think we're pretty far off from that. Too many people are still asleep.

I was watching the Matrix again today and was reminded of something.

That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save... ...You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

I edited out the part about those still in the system being our enemy. I don't think they are. I do think, however, we should be having tough conversations with our financial advisers, with our parents, with our bankers. We should continue to look for reasons this won't work and promote the reasons it will.

If you haven't already, you should tell your friends about Bitcoin. You should blog about it. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if it would crash tomorrow (with my friends holding the bag). As my confidence has grown, I've since focused the conversation on fiat currencies and the problems Bitcoin solves (instead of the current MtGox price). For those who understand that conversation, they are getting excited about Bitcoin.

Regardless of what happens, it's been a fun ride so far. I've throughly enjoyed learning from you all.
Pages:
Jump to: