Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you a problem gambler? - page 2. (Read 4607 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
December 05, 2017, 06:03:16 PM
Maybe I used to have a problem with it. But lately, my passion for gambling continues to fade, so I do not think I have big problems in gambling.

Good for you, and you should keep that up. If you are a problematic gambler then that is progress right there. Like in smoking, you should try to quit it as much as possible. But also accept that it will not happen in an instant. So you are really making progress here since you are continually reducing your gambling habit. I guess not everybody can do the same, so good job my friend.
I think that comes with years. How we get old we have more obligations, wife and kids and managing house. I have less and less time for gambling, before I could spent hours without any distraction and now I'm rarely alone and free. Before I could play slots for hours, now in the evenings I try a bit poker, few hands, I play dices or slots a bit and I need to do so some tasks or I'm tired and I need to go to sleep cause I wake up in the morning.
Precisely with the increasing number of obligations, we can stop gambling faster. By prioritizing such obligations as providing for wives and children, for children's schooling, we are forced to set aside other things including the exclusion of gambling. By setting aside gambling, we will reduce our gambling habits and even stop.

Probably you can make that things happen, if you really a responsible father into your family then there's no doubt that you will set aside of being a gambler before, So that your family will live peacefully because you already totally change of being a good father from being addict before.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 05, 2017, 04:55:10 PM
Maybe I used to have a problem with it. But lately, my passion for gambling continues to fade, so I do not think I have big problems in gambling.

Good for you, and you should keep that up. If you are a problematic gambler then that is progress right there. Like in smoking, you should try to quit it as much as possible. But also accept that it will not happen in an instant. So you are really making progress here since you are continually reducing your gambling habit. I guess not everybody can do the same, so good job my friend.
I think that comes with years. How we get old we have more obligations, wife and kids and managing house. I have less and less time for gambling, before I could spent hours without any distraction and now I'm rarely alone and free. Before I could play slots for hours, now in the evenings I try a bit poker, few hands, I play dices or slots a bit and I need to do so some tasks or I'm tired and I need to go to sleep cause I wake up in the morning.
Precisely with the increasing number of obligations, we can stop gambling faster. By prioritizing such obligations as providing for wives and children, for children's schooling, we are forced to set aside other things including the exclusion of gambling. By setting aside gambling, we will reduce our gambling habits and even stop.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 05, 2017, 10:59:39 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 514
December 05, 2017, 10:08:02 AM

Activity: 686
Merit: 104
December 05, 2017, 08:21:04 AM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
September 20, 2017, 01:47:11 AM
Usually all website want to earn profit froms gamblers, so the problem happens when you deposit a small money and win a big money (usually from parlay). Your money will multiples 100 times maybe . Then they will block your account first, make withdraw becomes harder and cost long time. It happened to my friends sometime but not with me ( cause i never win a parlay ) .
Activity: 672
September 20, 2017, 01:13:30 AM
I always try to control myself what ever the situation maybe or what ever the result of my gambling is. I'm not the type of person where after betting and loosing it all will suddenly go on a rampage or a fit just because they lost a lot or perhaps worse they lost everything they have after betting all. Its my decision to bet and gamble so it will be my fault what ever result might appear on my action. But I always maintain a clear mind and proper judgement to always stop before anything becomes worse. Without self restrain it would be hard for myself to have a proper decision and without good decision making I might stumble and fall loosing everything I have with me.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
September 12, 2017, 03:46:07 PM
I'll say this again people get addicted to gambling but it has been proved that it is  not as addicting as smoking and can be solved by the person. There are very rare cases but there are no solutions but for a normal addict instead of staring at your loses daily go out to a garden daily do some jogging divert your mind, go to your home live with your parents for few days , go to a animal shelter these help you to calm down and realise your mistakes

What is your basis that it is not an addictive activity? There are numerous studies pointing to that gambling as something that could be well classified as an addiction which is a mental problem similar to getting addicted to drugs and alcohol. Yeah sure it can be diverted, but not all gamblers especially the addicted ones can do this because they have something wrong in their cognitive functions.
You never know a addicted gambler is totally unpredictable he can do anything to recover his loss and at a point of time they run out of funds they still want to recover their loss but don't have the funds so they might end up doing some wrong thing

Well for these types of people, gambling sometimes is perceived to be a way out for some. Like alcohol is for an alcoholic person.it can give instant but temporary relief for people who are undergoing hardships so they can't in a way be blamed also.
you might be right but alcohol is more intense than gambling alcohol causes serious issues to your brain and your conscious which can be recovered after some time but gambling affects your money which can leave a mark for life long. Alcohol is drinking addiction but gambling addiction is only because you want to recover your loss in life we will have lot of situations which will give us a loss but grieving about it whole life won't make sense
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
September 11, 2017, 02:59:17 PM
I used to see myself as a problem gambler when I first started my gambling days I cannot stop thinking about gambling and spends more time gambling I did not mind losing money because I was having too much fun until I realize one day that I am losing almost all of my saved money. After that I tried my best to lie low because I don't want to make things worst. Now I can tell that I can manage to control myself I still do gamble but with moderation.

Mate, you're completely addicted to gambling. Base on your explanation before that you don't mind losing and you spend more time in gambling that's a problem for every person who just gamble. But the best part of your story is that you are able to resolve that problem by lie-lowing and congratulations with that achievement.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
September 11, 2017, 02:11:26 PM
Not everybody has a problem gambling, but if you are a problem gambler, there is a support network they may help you. It starts with you recognizing the problem.

Start here:
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/content/20-questions

Let's work on this together, you're not alone and you don't need to suffer from your addiction. If you have solutions or have the compassion to provide moral support, please help by participating in this thread.
This might be a little help. but I make sure that addiction in the gambling game will be very difficult to remove. at this time a lot of people who feel addicted and can not get out of the zone that can ruin his life. the only way it might try to get out and get away from the various media that can connect us to the gambling game.
I utterly second your opinion that gambling is hell addictive and people who get addicted to this poison are very unlike to recover in short time. They develop a strong urge to gamble all the time and win some money. They even don’t care how much time they waste on gambling sites. These sites need to be banned.
Now some countries taking serious action about this online gambling sites and closing one by one. Spreading the word like gambling is illegal in their country. But people are using VPN and using the gambling sites. There is no end to this addiction mate we only make a strong decision and stop gambling.
Activity: 180
September 11, 2017, 01:47:29 PM
I used to see myself as a problem gambler when I first started my gambling days I cannot stop thinking about gambling and spends more time gambling I did not mind losing money because I was having too much fun until I realize one day that I am losing almost all of my saved money. After that I tried my best to lie low because I don't want to make things worst. Now I can tell that I can manage to control myself I still do gamble but with moderation.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
September 11, 2017, 01:33:23 PM
Not everybody has a problem gambling, but if you are a problem gambler, there is a support network they may help you. It starts with you recognizing the problem.

Start here:

Let's work on this together, you're not alone and you don't need to suffer from your addiction. If you have solutions or have the compassion to provide moral support, please help by participating in this thread.
This might be a little help. but I make sure that addiction in the gambling game will be very difficult to remove. at this time a lot of people who feel addicted and can not get out of the zone that can ruin his life. the only way it might try to get out and get away from the various media that can connect us to the gambling game.
I utterly second your opinion that gambling is hell addictive and people who get addicted to this poison are very unlike to recover in short time. They develop a strong urge to gamble all the time and win some money. They even don’t care how much time they waste on gambling sites. These sites need to be banned.
Activity: 700
September 11, 2017, 11:31:30 AM

Start here:

Bro! Ask me, IMO repairing from addiction of any sort gives a tough time. It is not the game or drugs that we are addicted to, it is those feelings those reasons that push us towards such things in the very first place. We are addicted to those emotions and want to experience them once more.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2017, 07:28:13 AM

Start here:

Activity: 290
September 08, 2017, 07:05:31 AM
No, I have no problem with gambling. I take it as a little entertainment for which you need to set a money limit so as not to lose all the money and at the same time enjoy it.
It's great to see people having no problem with gambling and definitely can control themselves. There are a lot of people struggling with gambling because of their addiction to it, It's definitely not healthy and at the same time, their losing their money with it and it's not good. Relationships with people would end up destroyed if they continue gambling.
If someone has no addiction to gambling, then playing it on a repeated basis is not a problem at all. Gambling or the gambler becomes a problem both for him and the society as well when he is addicted to it in some way or the other. Gambling is a healthy practice only for those who have a god control over their emotions.
But if someone with an addiction has come and play again even if they haven't played for a very long time they'll just get addicted to it again. So it's better for addicted gamblers to find a hobby and stop gambling since it will be bad for their health and wealth.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
September 08, 2017, 06:28:20 AM
I have never had any problems, and even more dependent on gambling. I sometimes like to play roulette or black Jack, but the dependencies I have.

I am glad to hear that you are not a problem gambler. Mostly, I stumble into weeping guys. Roulette needs luck to win so I don't know whether you have fate with you or not but I really want you to share your strategies for staying out of problems. It would be a great help to many.
Activity: 322
September 06, 2017, 04:29:42 AM
I have never had any problems, and even more dependent on gambling. I sometimes like to play roulette or black Jack, but the dependencies I have.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
September 06, 2017, 03:58:38 AM
The truth hurts but it is true. I have a gambling problem.
I turned my .02 bitcoin into zero in just minutes of playing dice. I almost deposit more again just to get it back but thank God the internet connection went into some maintenance. After that I got to  breath again and tell myself I should stop. I will try to look at the link later.
Activity: 334
September 06, 2017, 03:53:57 AM
No, I have no problem with gambling. I take it as a little entertainment for which you need to set a money limit so as not to lose all the money and at the same time enjoy it.
It's great to see people having no problem with gambling and definitely can control themselves. There are a lot of people struggling with gambling because of their addiction to it, It's definitely not healthy and at the same time, their losing their money with it and it's not good. Relationships with people would end up destroyed if they continue gambling.
If someone has no addiction to gambling, then playing it on a repeated basis is not a problem at all. Gambling or the gambler becomes a problem both for him and the society as well when he is addicted to it in some way or the other. Gambling is a healthy practice only for those who have a god control over their emotions.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
September 05, 2017, 07:56:43 AM
When someone loses in any game, definitely the feeling he gets is not a good or enjoyable one but when someone loses money and keep on facing such defeats, then he becomes a victim of frustration, tension and anxiety. Gambling is a very addictive game and dangerous at the same time so it is better to stay calm and show no greed.
Pages:
Jump to: