Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you a religious person or not? - page 3. (Read 4769 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
September 26, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Not a religious person at all, I know how how to act with humanity (self taught)

Religion has been one of the main causes of wars through out the centuries, so it's not my thing.I once wrote this on another forum.

"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity"

Now think about that quote, act accordingly or reap what you sow.

EvilBible
Activity: 378
Merit: 302
September 26, 2015, 05:43:12 PM
I've never eat at McDonalds because the food at McDonalds can make my body be a obesity.  My experience eating in McDonalds shows that food in McDonalds very unhygienic

You won't become obese from eating it once, but you will suffer eternal punishment if you sin just once. There is a huge difference here.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 26, 2015, 05:30:50 PM
I've never eat at McDonalds because the food at McDonalds can make my body be a obesity.  My experience eating in McDonalds shows that food in McDonalds very unhygienic
September 26, 2015, 04:46:32 PM
Difficult subject, as others views are generally not respected. But i believe that everybody is alowed their belief as long as they dont try to convert me im fine with it.
Yes but you have to realize, they are trying to save you from enternal torment in hell. It's not an act of conversion, it's an act of mercy.
Once you peel away all the fancy gloss paint and pretty wallpaper, underneath they are simply threatening people with "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell."

I ignore people that threaten me.

Then your thinking is still in error. It's like me saying "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack."

And you rebuff with, I ignore people that threaten me.

-BPB

It's completely and totally not like "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." at all, in anyway, shape or form.

"Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." is a valid argument because we have a mountain of evidence that suggests eating large amounts of unhealthy food is very bad for our bodies and does increase heart attack chances greatly.
In complete polar contrast "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell." has ZERO evidence attached to it. Since NOBODY knows what happens when we die, people claiming they do know and present it as fact, are simply LYING.

You are going off in a different direction again so let me realign your thinking. I wasn't claiming anything about evidence (it's a matter of faith anyway), I was only claiming that it was NOT a threat.

Remember, a religion person doesn't say believe or *I* will send you to hell. They are simply educating you on the implications of your sinful nature (similar to eating McDonalds every day) and the consequence that results.

They are not thereating you, they are trying to help you.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
September 26, 2015, 04:43:12 PM
Difficult subject, as others views are generally not respected. But i believe that everybody is alowed their belief as long as they dont try to convert me im fine with it.
Yes but you have to realize, they are trying to save you from enternal torment in hell. It's not an act of conversion, it's an act of mercy.
Once you peel away all the fancy gloss paint and pretty wallpaper, underneath they are simply threatening people with "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell."

Then your thinking is still in error. It's like me saying "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack."

-BPB

It's completely and totally not like "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." at all, in anyway, shape or form.

"Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." is a valid argument because we have a mountain of evidence that suggests eating large amounts of unhealthy food is very bad for our bodies and does increase heart attack chances greatly.
In complete polar contrast "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell." has ZERO evidence attached to it. Since NOBODY knows what happens when we die, people claiming they do know and present it as fact, are simply LYING.

September 26, 2015, 04:33:21 PM

-BPB
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
September 26, 2015, 04:22:10 PM

Once I'm religious. But when I grown up , I'm realize that I pray for something that never exist.

God create us or We create God

AFAIK, solar system were being created by explosion that more can you learn on school lesson
Well that doesn't disprove God. God could of created the explosion.

The biggest issue with religious debate is the constant use of burden of proof.

I would like people to convey purely constructive points as opposed to resorting to fallacies.
legendary
September 26, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

Once I'm religious. But when I grown up , I'm realize that I pray for something that never exist.

AFAIK, solar system were being created by explosion that more can you learn on school lesson
Well that doesn't disprove God. God could of created the explosion.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
September 26, 2015, 01:13:35 PM

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 26, 2015, 09:19:40 AM

This might help you understand: Let's say your best friend is about to die, and you have the cure. He/she says "I believe there is no cure, but you can believe what you want as long as you don't try to change my mind."

This shows the flaw in your thinking.
Grin That is if i believed in a hell, and your friend is about to die and you have the cure, lol. Unfortunately your cure is a fiction of your belief. maybe.
September 25, 2015, 05:10:17 PM

This might help you understand: Let's say your best friend is about to die, and you have the cure. He/she says "I believe there is no cure, but you can believe what you want as long as you don't try to change my mind."

This shows the flaw in your thinking.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 25, 2015, 03:38:24 PM
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
September 25, 2015, 03:19:53 PM
I wasn't ever really religious because I had issues with some of the ideas that Christianity has.

Which ideas in particular ? In general it's not as dictatorial as the Islam.
legendary
September 24, 2015, 04:14:56 PM
I wasn't ever really religious because I had issues with some of the ideas that Christianity has.
Christianity isn't the only one you can choose you know.
Activity: 728
September 24, 2015, 04:13:08 PM
Activity: 700
September 24, 2015, 11:39:18 AM
BiPolarBob, what is it that makes Mormonism meet the needs of anyone really.?

I'm not sure actually.. The only thing I know about Mormonism is what SouthPark taught me.  Huh

lol I knew you weren't going to be serious with that one.
Activity: 588
Gloire à la Victoire !
September 23, 2015, 01:32:55 AM
post 49 ... it started lol

i'm not religious, there is no vacant room left for another one in my head. lol

i red all bibles,testaments, corans and what ever and still see it all as a big fairytale
i just can't  wrap my mind around it that even today still there are people that believe in all that nonsense.
the majority all those before me in my family where athiests, resisting and fighting against those dictatorial regimes in the past i'm damn sure i will never bend my knee to one of those fairytales  and neither will those that come after me.

i have no problems having a pint,tea, some porkshops, cous cous ( i actually love that and make wonderfull couscous they say ^^) or a bowl of rice with a religious person,  lolling or serious talk, aslong you keep your religion at home. i don't debate with religion nor about it, it's just a waist of time.

and if anyone tries to make you believe atheism is a religion, then you know what you're dealing with, there is no point, run away

whe're all born under the same moon, don't forget that Smiley

Yes to the bolded above. So, we all have religion, even if our religion is to be adamantly against religion. Then our religion is an anti-religion religion.

Smiley

I do not agree with you on the fact that everyone has a religion. Atheism can't be considered as a religion since there is no cult nor god. It's just a group a people thinking that there is no god. If you call it a religion because there is a quite big group of people having the same idea on a subject, then call a politic party a religion.

Buddhism doesn't really have a God, either, does it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism)? The Buddha is only an instructor, a guide. Yet Buddhism is considered a religion... one of the greatest.

While Wikipedia suggests that atheism is NOT a religion, other websites show that atheism either IS a religion, or is so close to a religion that it might be religion for some atheists. Google "atheism religion."

Smiley

That's why stipulated "cult nor god". Even if they haven't any god, they have some rituals and cults. Something that I'm not aware that atheists do. But maybe I'm wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 22, 2015, 04:46:47 PM
post 49 ... it started lol

i'm not religious, there is no vacant room left for another one in my head. lol

i red all bibles,testaments, corans and what ever and still see it all as a big fairytale
i just can't  wrap my mind around it that even today still there are people that believe in all that nonsense.
the majority all those before me in my family where athiests, resisting and fighting against those dictatorial regimes in the past i'm damn sure i will never bend my knee to one of those fairytales  and neither will those that come after me.

i have no problems having a pint,tea, some porkshops, cous cous ( i actually love that and make wonderfull couscous they say ^^) or a bowl of rice with a religious person,  lolling or serious talk, aslong you keep your religion at home. i don't debate with religion nor about it, it's just a waist of time.

and if anyone tries to make you believe atheism is a religion, then you know what you're dealing with, there is no point, run away

whe're all born under the same moon, don't forget that Smiley

Yes to the bolded above. So, we all have religion, even if our religion is to be adamantly against religion. Then our religion is an anti-religion religion.

Smiley

I do not agree with you on the fact that everyone has a religion. Atheism can't be considered as a religion since there is no cult nor god. It's just a group a people thinking that there is no god. If you call it a religion because there is a quite big group of people having the same idea on a subject, then call a politic party a religion.

Buddhism doesn't really have a God, either, does it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism)? The Buddha is only an instructor, a guide. Yet Buddhism is considered a religion... one of the greatest.

While Wikipedia suggests that atheism is NOT a religion, other websites show that atheism either IS a religion, or is so close to a religion that it might be religion for some atheists. Google "atheism religion."

Smiley
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
September 22, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
nope
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
September 22, 2015, 12:08:39 PM
In my situation, I can say that I am a religious person. I usually visited our church and I really believed that God created us.
I dont do much religious rituals but i am a very religious person as my faith in God is firm
Pages:
Jump to: