Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you confident betting on handicap for heavy favorites or heavy underdog? - page 2. (Read 139 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
Let's say the handicap is -6.5 or more, which do you prefer to bet on, the favorites, or the underdog?

As we know, every gambler have different strategies in sports betting, they woudl stick to what they are comfortable with and that they think would give them a success in the long run, so this thread is some sort of a survey, maybe newbies or those who have been struggling to find the right strategy might benefit from this.

What can you share based on your experience as well, between the two, which one you have more wins and you find an effective method in your sports betting venture?

It's really hard though, and you really need to take into account the underdog in this game and while the game has that kind of spread. So for me that's the first thing that I look and based on my analysis, if the favorite can cover that then I will go and bet on it.

For example today's game the Bucks vs Pistons. Pistons has been in the losing streak and if I'm not mistaken the handicap started at -10.5 or even higher. So you think why the spread is that big, and can the Bucks covered it? But if you carefully look at it, yes, there is a high chance that the Bucks can win in double figures and that's what they did today, as it was a complete massacre, 145-114. Same with the case of Sixers, who in the 3 to 4 games have had double handicap in the beginning, but they keep on covering it. Today they beat the Hornets, 135-82.
Activity: 574
Merit: 310
I'll tell you . Whenever I look at my game and see that I have more bet on the favorites than the underdog, I know immediately that if I don't have a rethink I am going to lose. Over time betting on the underdogs is a crucial ingredient to winning. There was a club recently that beat Barcelona even though they ended up crashing out of the league. They were the underdogs and many people including myself would have bet on the favorites to win but they didn't. It happens in all sports and I learned the hard way to not underestimate the underdogs and over estimate the favorites.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 604
When I was new in sports betting I was so confident with betting on low spreads. IIRC, my limit that time was -3.5 and I love to take on the moneyline because I thought it could give a high percentage of winning, unfortunately it didn't work well as my bet usually wins but the odds I'm getting on favorites are very low, so in the long run I still lose money.

now, I feel like i have matured, I now see a high handicap like a trap, so I choose the favorites with high spread most of the time. Based on my observation (not really taking record) I am a bit ahead.  Smiley
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
Let's say the handicap is -6.5 or more, which do you prefer to bet on, the favorites, or the underdog?

As we know, every gambler have different strategies in sports betting, they woudl stick to what they are comfortable with and that they think would give them a success in the long run, so this thread is some sort of a survey, maybe newbies or those who have been struggling to find the right strategy might benefit from this.

What can you share based on your experience as well, between the two, which one you have more wins and you find an effective method in your sports betting venture?
Pages:
Jump to: