Pages:
Author

Topic: Are You Spending Bitcoin? - page 10. (Read 8499 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Skoupi the Great
August 10, 2014, 07:45:23 PM
People that don't get paid in bitcoins or just don't have much, tend to hoard.
Personally i would spend more if i had access to a bitcoin atm so i can turn my fiat to bitcoins with ease..
Activity: 406
August 10, 2014, 07:35:45 PM
At the moment I am holding bitcoins but I would not ever rule out the chance of spending bitcoins and keeping some in storage when the time came. So far I have not felt the need to want to use bitcoin but sooner or later that time will come when more companies start accepting.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2014, 01:25:12 PM
I just read this:
http://www.finance-guy.net/finblog/how-will-you-spend-your-bitcoin/10/8/2014

It raises an interesting point that if we spend Bitcoin to buy stuff, the companies will most likely sell the BTC pretty quickly.

What do you think?

Will shopping with Bitcoin be good or bad for the price of BTC?

Nah, I just hold them. The price is too low at the moment. If I sell them now or use them to buy stuff, I guess I would be off at a loss. But I'm looking forward to use my BTC to buy something in the future when the price goes back up again! Maybe even into a new bubble!
Why wouldn't you spend your BTC, then buy an equal amount of BTC on an exchange and/or on a trade? This would increase the amount of BTC adoption, will likely allow you to buy goods at a discount and increase the size of the bitcoin economy.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 12:50:22 PM
I actually have no bitcoins yet but after getting one i won't spend it.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
August 10, 2014, 12:43:07 PM
I use it mostly for day trading, other than that it has no use to me  Undecided

How does it not have any use to you? are you using Bitcoin just to profit in fiat? if so you are doing it wrong and will probably lose out in the long run even if you do profit for a short while.

Well if I'm going to buy something I'll do it in person for cash or in the shops with my cc, online with my cc also, and there's not that many things you can buy with btc, I can't pay my rent with it, can't buy my food with it and certainly can't pay my taxes with it! what else could I do other than gamble or day trade?

Gambling I lose most of the time so I tend to stick to day trading as I have more control and tend to profit most of the time.

So until btc becomes more widely accepted I really have no other use for it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 12:35:22 PM
Now i am trying to earn some Bitcoin. If i can able to earn some Bitcoin then i will think about spending it.
Activity: 350
Honest 80s business!
August 10, 2014, 10:26:12 AM
I just read this:

It raises an interesting point that if we spend Bitcoin to buy stuff, the companies will most likely sell the BTC pretty quickly.

What do you think?

Nah, I just hold them. The price is too low at the moment. If I sell them now or use them to buy stuff, I guess I would be off at a loss. But I'm looking forward to use my BTC to buy something in the future when the price goes back up again! Maybe even into a new bubble!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 10, 2014, 10:22:45 AM
I've spent way more than I should of.

If you only hold your coins that real bad imo.

Well, why would it be necessarily bad? I can only think of maybe one reason: If you only hold your coins and never spend them, it doesn't even matter how high the BTC price gets, you'll never realize your gains and never profit from the increased price. It doesn't even matter whether you buy something with your coins or just plain and simple sell them, but you need to use them in order to profit from the increased value!

It's the law of economics if there is no use for them ie no one is trading with Bitcoin then there is no use for Bitcoin other than collecting so the price would go down because supply and demand would go down. so just holding is bad the more people who trade with bitcoin are making it successful because they are creating supply and demand the people who are being selfish and are only holding are not really contributing to this unique and revolutionary idea.
Activity: 420
August 10, 2014, 10:20:02 AM
I use it mostly for day trading, other than that it has no use to me  Undecided

No use to you? It seems you don't even believe in it and your only here to try to get rich and then never looking back if you do manage to.  If you were here to try benefit the ecosystem, you would be invested in it, Using it for purchases when you can, the occasional trading is ok.

Trying to help the ecosystem is a good thing if you believe in something. But to say it has no use to you other than trading, doesn't sound like your even interested in the concept.

I really hope there aren't many people like this here for the sake of bitcoin
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 10, 2014, 09:58:24 AM

Well, why would it be necessarily bad? I can only think of maybe one reason: If you only hold your coins and never spend them, it doesn't even matter how high the BTC price gets, you'll never realize your gains and never profit from the increased price. It doesn't even matter whether you buy something with your coins or just plain and simple sell them, but you need to use them in order to profit from the increased value!
Activity: 406
August 10, 2014, 09:56:13 AM
I use it all the time. Whatever I spend I replace immediately. I take a hit on exchange fees but it is my way of supporting the bit coin economy.
Activity: 243
August 10, 2014, 09:55:09 AM

Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 10, 2014, 09:54:45 AM
I just read this:

What do you think?

Yes of course I spend my Bitcoin. I like the idea of this wonderful currency a lot and I want to spread it even further! I think it is very important to do this! It is true that most companies may sell the BTC directly via BitPay or some other payment processor, yet, there are most likely big whales who buy those BTC instantly, because they're supposed to have contracts with those payment processors, as far as I know. So there's not much pressure on the markets (maybe only a slightly more limited demand)
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
You just lost
August 10, 2014, 09:50:45 AM
I've spent a tiny bit and gambled a little bit, but I'd rather save it for a little while as an investment.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
August 10, 2014, 09:08:20 AM
Yes I spending Bitcoin and don't see what is the problem with this.
If nobody spend Bitcoin, for buying digital services and products, merchants will not be interesting to accept bitcopin as additional currency.
Trade can just help global popularity of Bitcoin, so it's not wrong to spend it Smiley
August 10, 2014, 08:53:48 AM
I can't wait for the day where I'll be able to pay with Bitcoin for my utility bills and grocery bills.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
August 10, 2014, 08:47:23 AM
Yes, i just some buy some original games with bitcoin  Grin
and i think bitcoin price might down if they as fast as they can / might went up if they believe BTC price will raise up  Grin

Can you explain your opinion on why they would lose out in the long run ?

I bought something with BTC the other day.. Hadn't spent any in a while. Was a tiny amount, like 0.03 but easier than using paypal so I was happy to use it.. this time Smiley

I use it mostly for day trading, other than that it has no use to me  Undecided

How does it not have any use to you? are you using Bitcoin just to profit in fiat? if so you are doing it wrong and will probably lose out in the long run even if you do profit for a short while.

Yeah, i use BTC to buy items. because the low fee  Grin than paypal
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 10, 2014, 08:33:14 AM
Can you explain your opinion on why they would lose out in the long run ?

I bought something with BTC the other day.. Hadn't spent any in a while. Was a tiny amount, like 0.03 but easier than using paypal so I was happy to use it.. this time Smiley

August 10, 2014, 08:32:06 AM
I mostly purchase small items which are easier to purchase with Bitcoin but because not every place accepts Bitcoin I don't use it for the majority of my purchases.
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
August 10, 2014, 08:30:14 AM

Pages:
Jump to: