Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you still investing in ICOs? Let me know! - page 4. (Read 1665 times)

copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
ICO is no longer the popular avenue to raise fund for new projects, most new projects recently are self funded and they have to make good use of the social platforms and extreme marketing to sell their ideas, a lot are avoiding the ICO tag because of a lot of negativity around it, personally I won't engage in anyone, at least for now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
No way. At present, I'm not investing in any ICO. I believe ICO era has ended due to scam and fraudulent activities there. Aside that, there's too much chance of loosing your money when you invest in ICOs.
Activity: 345
No, I don’t invest in ICO or IEO. Too much chance of losing investment or just not getting into the tokensale (as in the case of IEO)
it's true what you say, we can lose when the trade is opened for the first time, and there is a possibility the price will go down even cheaper than our purchase price. maybe buying coins when you first enter is the right choice, because we can determine the purchase price planned because the market has been opened.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
No, I don’t invest in ICO or IEO. Too much chance of losing investment or just not getting into the tokensale (as in the case of IEO)
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
For now people who still invest in ico are actually still there but not as much as in 2017 where people's trust in ico is still quite large. the challenge for dev if it still uses the ico system is enough to build trust
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
Hey guys.

I do currently ask myself if the ICO market will bounce back?. In how many ICOs do you typically invest and what is the average investement?.

Let me know.

I do currently work with a team on an ICO and i find it very important to understand the community and their investment habbits in 2019

Glad to hear the opinion of the bitcointalk community.
It is hard and not advisable to invest in ICOs now because many ICOs are being created this 2018-2019 just for scam or fraud. And although the ICO is very promising and unlikely to scam, it is seldom or hard for an ICO this days to succeed and achieve their goals because people are afraid to invest and the market is ugly. So, I never invested on any ICO yet this 2019.
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
I think the ICO market will not return. I myself have not invested in any projects for more than a year. There is simply no trust.
I also don't have trust in investing in ICO because most of the current projects are scam and very few people participate. In fact, the number of recent ICO projects has tended to decrease and people are focusing on the IEO investment so avoiding the scam projects will soon be resolved in the near future. I think now investing in available coins is better than choosing bad projects
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
I think the ICO market will not return. I myself have not invested in any projects for more than a year. There is simply no trust.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
Hell no!

Ever since I knew ICOs I've never invested a single amount of my money on it, I did participate to its bounty campaigns though but investing is not my type and so far all of the ICOs that I participated with since 2017 isn't successful now so it's not worth our time.

I know that there are still a few of companies that are building with a good mission and vision about their coin but it's so hard to find now and if there is you need a good amount of money to earn in the future.
That is absurd, because 2017 still produced very great ICOs which people are still speaking of till date, so I wonder why your 2017 ICO’s are not doing fine, I know that 2018 has been the worst of it all for ICOs and it seems to me like most 2018 ICOs are all shitcoins because I can’t seems to point out having record of one that has really been very profitable to me.

Most of the ones I invested in and the ones I got through bounty campaigns are still lying there waiting to enter an exchange. For this year, I also have not participated in much campaigns, just few of them that I am hoping on after doing a though research on them.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
For now i am not 100% putting my investment on ICO project i had been discourage about what happen to me on the last previous year i put my 80% investment on ICO scam i am very disappointed about that right now i put my major investment on IEO project.
Activity: 560
In general, I do invest in ICO only when I am 100 percent sure that my investment will not go to waste and I believe the project very much. Otherwise I stay away from investing in ICOs. Rather I go for already established coins, or join bounty campaigns where I can get free tokens for my labour without money investment.
Activity: 1008
it all depends on my interest in the ico if it does have a lot of programs I place up to 5 ETH but if not usually I only invest less than 2 eth only, now I focus more on the IEO
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
Hey guys.

I do currently ask myself if the ICO market will bounce back?. In how many ICOs do you typically invest and what is the average investement?.

Let me know.

I do currently work with a team on an ICO and i find it very important to understand the community and their investment habbits in 2019

Glad to hear the opinion of the bitcointalk community.
If we can have regulation, ICO market can still bounce back, enough of these scammers, people no longer want to give opportunity to them again, and the only means for which they scam people now is through ICO, so if we can have any system, policy or any other technology that will flush these scammers out of the system, I am sure that we will see a rebranded ICO again.

For now, the only technology that has been develop so far to fight scammers in ICO is that of IEO strategy, and this is where many investors attentions are mainly focused on for now, so if I am to look for any projects to invest in again, it would really be any IEO projects.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
in my opinion ICO will no longer exist for good projects because good projects will move to IEO because it is fast to raise funds for the development of coin projects
I don't think so, because ICO are still a good place but it will just really depend on their project. If they are serious about it then ICO and IEO are the best for them, I'm just confuse if they can do this both kind of offerings so they can maximize the market or if not then choose the right thing for them because ICO has no fees I believe.
Activity: 700
in my opinion ICO will no longer exist for good projects because good projects will move to IEO because it is fast to raise funds for the development of coin projects

Its true, many good project prefer choosing IEOs for their token sale. Team dont have to active on marketing and more focus developing their project, all managed by exchangers start from marketing until listing
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
For now I'm not invest to ICO but if I can see something especially and unique in the project and I feel that the project is will have future maybe I will invest to their ICO. But for now I invest to coin that proven and I know will give a profit.
Indeed, for now we must really choose a good ICO project for our investment, don't rush to invest in the ICO at this time, we have to research the project well so that nothing bad happens.
Activity: 372
For now I'm not invest to ICO but if I can see something especially and unique in the project and I feel that the project is will have future maybe I will invest to their ICO. But for now I invest to coin that proven and I know will give a profit.
Activity: 882
Activity: 439
I recently very rarely invest in ICO, because there are very few worthy projects. It seems to me that they are not very popular in 2019.
Activity: 1344
Yes, there is now no benefit to invest in new projects. Almost all of them with losses go to the stock exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: