Pages:
Author

Topic: ARGENTINA - THE 1ST COUNTRY WITH A BITCOIN BASED ECONOMY? - page 2. (Read 2389 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Don't bitcoins go for a few thousand dollars in Argentina right now?

Maybe, idk. But probably the few ones that already have dollars would not trade them for bitcoins. The problem resides in trying to buy btc with argentine peso. If you solve this you might be ending up "bitcoinizing" the entire economy
i wonder if there is something you can buy in argentina and send out of the country in exchange for bitcoins.  Or just send the numeric codes for the cards.

Gift cards, starbucks cards, walmart or amazon cards?

obviously these would have to be useful in other countries, thus their demonination could not be the argentinian peso.

As far as I know Gift cards only work in the country that it was purchased in.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Maybe, idk. But probably the few ones that already have dollars would not trade them for bitcoins. The problem resides in trying to buy btc with argentine peso. If you solve this you might be ending up "bitcoinizing" the entire economy
i wonder if there is something you can buy in argentina and send out of the country in exchange for bitcoins.  Or just send the numeric codes for the cards.

Gift cards, starbucks cards, walmart or amazon cards?

obviously these would have to be useful in other countries, thus their demonination could not be the argentinian peso.

No they don't and what makes you think that the government will be willing to accept your proposal?

I do not expect anything from the current government, maybe from the next one (if there is no fraud like in venezuela).
Activity: 124
Merit: 100

No they don't and what makes you think that the government will be willing to accept your proposal?

Activity: 512
Merit: 250
ICO is evil
When you see this picture you may think that they are waiting for the new iphone, but nope.. they were there to buy dollars.. when they still could. Now they could be buying bitcoins?

I believe that Argentina is an excellent candidate to become the first country with a Bitcoin based economy. They just need a little help of the community.

The reasons:

1. Inflation. +40% in one month, and still growing.
There are a many causes for this but mainly is because the argentine government is incredibly stupid and corrupt, they are trying to install a dictatorial regime like venezuela or cuba, so they need to print money to feed their propaganda programs, buying tv channels, newspapers, corrupting organisms, etc. They spend more than they earn.

2. Argentines can't buy dollars. Because of the inflation the government installed a series of stupid mesaures trying to stop the people to buy dollars or euros to protect their capital (yes, the fucking fed's toilet papers have more value than the argentine peso). These ridiculous measures violates the national constitution, but they don't care. They are terrorists.  In real life this of course works in the other way, now there's a "black market" of foreign money: high demand, prices rises again. BRILLIANT! FUCKING STUPID GOVERNMENT.

3. It's a very weak government and there is no justice at all. Cristina Kirchner or "Kretina" (en. Kretinous as they call her), not only stole more than 10M USD, but also spent 10 years destroying the justice department and corrupting as a much judges as possible to ensure themselves against future demands. Her popularity is on free fall and 80% of the population wants to kill them all.

So we have a rampant inflation, people that cannot protect their capital and an incredibly furious hate towards the government.

THE QUESTION IS: WHY THE HELL THEY ARE NOT BUYING BITCOINS IN LARGE NUMBERS?

Some of them are trying but it's very difficult.

a. Non foreign exchange wants to deal with the argentine peso, so the only way to buy bitcoins is first buying LINDEN DOLLARS! (Second Life money) and then trade them for bitcoins. The fees of these movements are of course too high.

b. Using Localbitcoins. Due to the incredibly high crime (thanks to the fucking narco-government) not too many are willing to risk their lives in a meeting with a stranger.

Here's where I feel that this community should take a step forward in this situation. Preferably before the government takes another loan from the IMF...

They need:

1. Easy Exchange. They will buy bitcoins if you give them the chance. If there are enough bitcoin owners the whole economy could be "bitconized"

2. Promotion, advertising. Contact with opposing political parties.

I cannot help with the first one but I might be able to do something with the second one.

Thoughts?

Pages:
Jump to: