Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 306. (Read 781309 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I think we need to be realistic and first address the key issues in the core of the system. Which is the blockchain, DPoS and delegates. And we should not fool ourselves that it's perfect just the way it is. Let's first make sure the foundation is solid. Celebrating right now is a bit premature.

This will be some constructive criticism.

We can all agree that the delegate node system is in its infancy and we do not know most of the players involved. Casting a vote right now is basically a gamble. The whole point of DPoS (as I understand it) is to support nodes we know do their job well and respect their commitments to their backers. Very similar to the early days of the first BTC mining pools. Few of them have pages with stats. The rules are very vague and therefore opened to interpretation. Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing. But it will take time to shake out the bad players and make backers comfortable with their decision.

Pools using undisclosed rules they use to calculate payouts goes against the concept of open source. Some claim this is to prevent people from abusing the system and change votes so they can game the system and maximize their payouts. The right way to do things open source style is to come up with a solution that works well and is impossible to cheat even if all rules are completely transparent.

Proposal for a fair & completely transparent way of calculating DPoS rewards for voters:

I personally do not have the time to implement this and set up my own node, but whoever does will most certainly get my votes. Everytime a delegate forges a block, they check the state of votes and balances of their voters (probably one block earlier). They distribute the 2 ARK amoung the voters. Payouts of course happen, when the voters collect enough Ark to be worth sending. So there's no need for creating snapshots at random times. Just run the script that goes through the transactions every now and then and it will automagicaly update the backers balances.

dude totally, I totally agree with  you.

But as the dev team, we can't and shouldn't discriminate on who can run a pool or a delegate.

I hope that one day that members of the community will come together to do community digging to find sock puppets and such and to verify integrity of the delegates.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
What's in the Magic bottle?
Anybody link me to something (or just tell me) about the main use cases for ARK? I find it quite confusing from the website, what it will actually be used for

https://blog.ark.io/smartbridge-technology-by-ark-ab3e97a081db

And a lot more - journey has just started!

Either this is really genius stuff, or something someone wrote while extremely high.

Another use case could be a 3rd party coin exchange service may look for specific triggers and handle cross blockchain payments for their customers. For example, You have ARK but want to pay for a movie using Netflix Credits but you don’t have any Netflix Credits.

Netflix Credits??

To discuss all of the potential use cases which can be utilized by SmartBridge would take volumes.

Doesn't really sound like it would honestly, sounds like it's not fleshed out at all yet.

Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) is relatively new, but not exclusive to ark. Neither is SmartBridge (yet), as currently as it stands it's only a comment field during a transaction. Doesn't LISK have the exact same thing in the works too btw?

I also, to be frank, would like to bring up an issue. This is not FUD, and I hope ARK goes far. However, I have heard from members in Slack communities that the ARK dev team isn't "respected" among the community, and thus they dismiss it as a "scam". Can you elaborate on this please? Why do high ranking Slack users and insiders dislike ARK? Did this team work on something else prior to this?

Thanks.
Activity: 213
Explained in this way I see it well but it would not be necessary to modify the roadmap on the web?

https://ark.io/

Roadmap can be generate confusions

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
I think we need to be realistic and first address the key issues in the core of the system. Which is the blockchain, DPoS and delegates. And we should not fool ourselves that it's perfect just the way it is. Let's first make sure the foundation is solid. Celebrating right now is a bit premature.

This will be some constructive criticism.

We can all agree that the delegate node system is in its infancy and we do not know most of the players involved. Casting a vote right now is basically a gamble. The whole point of DPoS (as I understand it) is to support nodes we know do their job well and respect their commitments to their backers. Very similar to the early days of the first BTC mining pools. Few of them have pages with stats. The rules are very vague and therefore opened to interpretation. Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing. But it will take time to shake out the bad players and make backers comfortable with their decision.

Pools using undisclosed rules they use to calculate payouts goes against the concept of open source. Some claim this is to prevent people from abusing the system and change votes so they can game the system and maximize their payouts. The right way to do things open source style is to come up with a solution that works well and is impossible to cheat even if all rules are completely transparent.

Proposal for a fair & completely transparent way of calculating DPoS rewards for voters:

I personally do not have the time to implement this and set up my own node, but whoever does will most certainly get my votes. Everytime a delegate forges a block, they check the state of votes and balances of their voters (probably one block earlier). They distribute the 2 ARK amoung the voters. Payouts of course happen, when the voters collect enough Ark to be worth sending. So there's no need for creating snapshots at random times. Just run the script that goes through the transactions every now and then and it will automagicaly update the backers balances.
Activity: 392
Merit: 255

You are correct - we'll be focusing on SmartBridge stuff, IPFS, mobile wallets, ... and some other things first as hardware part is expensive (card network / IoT hardware / NFC - proof-of-concept costs a lot of money not to mention putting it in production ... and if you read the whitepaper this was planned first if 10k BTC was raised) - of course we'll focus on that as well, but might take a bit more time as we focus on task at hand and what can be beneficial to ARK ecosystem first.

One thing is certain : we are here to stay for years to come, we'll develop / innovate / partner-up -  if you like it or not we are a group of passionate people that are working 110% not just 100% as this is our baby and we won't let anyone take it away - so board the ARK its never too late and you will always be welcomed with warm hug and a handshake (as long as you don't bring negativity and FUD).

I think it's a good decision. I actually thought it was a bit weird the other way around. It makes more sense to focus on the development first.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 515
As per the roadmap on April 2017,we are ARK apollo card network,what does this mean?

all we are waitink for that...
i think it will be a good news to increment ARK price...

A major piece of the ARK Ecosystem, the ARK Card Network,
will be pushed during the APOLLO phase in mid 2017 and will give ARK a foothold
on traditional commercial markets through the use of smart cards, NFC devices,
and mobile applications for payment processing and commercial sales.

Any specific month,during mid 2017?

I think I read on here that the card network is coming later, and they're focusing more on the SmartBridge stuff first now. Possibly because they didn't reach their target at ICO?

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

You are correct - we'll be focusing on SmartBridge stuff, IPFS, mobile wallets, ... and some other things first as hardware part is expensive (card network / IoT hardware / NFC - proof-of-concept costs a lot of money not to mention putting it in production ... and if you read the whitepaper this was planned first if 10k BTC was raised) - of course we'll focus on that as well, but might take a bit more time as we focus on task at hand and what can be beneficial to ARK ecosystem first.

One thing is certain : we are here to stay for years to come, we'll develop / innovate / partner-up -  if you like it or not we are a group of passionate people that are working 110% not just 100% as this is our baby and we won't let anyone take it away - so board the ARK its never too late and you will always be welcomed with warm hug and a handshake (as long as you don't bring negativity and FUD).
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Many people like ARK, I am one of the group, the project with huge vision is ARK, the project with the most popular community is ARK. The large dev team and the lovely investors.
As per the roadmap on April 2017,we are ARK apollo card network,what does this mean?

I think I read on here that the card network is coming later, and they're focusing more on the SmartBridge stuff first now. Possibly because they didn't reach their target at ICO?

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
no one known id dafty delegate is here on bitcointalk???
i'm trying to ask you some info.. but i'm not able to find him...
i need to know how often shares are distributed!

I don't use bitcointalk - hit me up on Slack instead (@dafty).

I've created http://bit.do/ark_pool_calculator to see how much you would actually earn from each profit sharing delegate. The big percentages offered by some pools can sometimes be misleading Wink
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

legendary
Activity: 381
Can we expect ARK to be on polo by next month end? how many agree on this

All depends on the consistency of the 24hr volume, and that falls back to good news.
legendary
Can we expect ARK to be on polo by next month end? how many agree on this
Activity: 213
ARK is still very stable, I am grateful to have this coin and invested in ICO.

I love Ark!

what else could i say

the launch was smooth
the wallet is very easy to use
the community is very friendly
the team is talented

I agree, the wallet is very easy to use
I did transfers from bittrex to my wallet and was very fast!
The ark net works perfect

I voted  delegates correctly from the wallet, also i'm getting received arks ok from them.
 Grin Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

I love Ark!

what else could i say

the launch was smooth
the wallet is very easy to use
the community is very friendly
the team is talented

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
yup a good deal right now especially since we're fairly new and have shown to be able to handle a project like this considering our flawless launch.
Activity: 249

Delegate dafty and joelafc has made this handy dandy profit calculator for ARK pools  Cool

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0

don't forget this great tool to calculate pool profits

Thank you to Dafty and Joelafc. Great work!

As a side query... I noticed Dafty's address has 'dAftY' in the address itself... does anyone know if he took his name from the address, or is there some method of generating vanity addresses for Ark?

(Additionally, are Ark addresses case sensitive?)

Thanks!
Yes there is a method of creating an ARK vanity address, pop into slack and ask the community for more info.

Thanks, but I prefer to stay away from things like Slack. It's just one more thing to check, and I end up putting too much time into keeping up with it. Nothing personal... It's just that I've learned I have to limit myself, or I end up spending too much time obsessing about what's going on.

I'd love to get involved in the Slack, but I know I'll end up pouring too much time into it. This thread, and the blog posts, are a good pace for me  Smiley

Back to the original post... a blog/guide on vanity addresses might be something worth publishing, for the benefit of other non-slackers like me  Grin
Jump to: