Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 631. (Read 781308 times)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Having spent a fair amount of time with all the promotional materials, I find myself with a few questions.

1. What is the value proposition of the ARK platform?  What has been sighted in the materials seem to be high level (a community, a token and a bridge).  How is ARK different and why should I care?
2. The Use cases you have outlined seem to be a "brainstorming dump" and are all over the map. Do you have any market driven analysis that suggests you can dominate any market segment?
3. What will the organizational structure be? Foundation + For Profit entity? What is the thinking here?
4. The team that has been identified are quite diverse but there is a lack of biographical detail that is relevant to the ARK project. How do you assure successful delivery of the ARK platform with a product that generates revenue.

@meeekz 1. The initial goal of Ark is a stable core with the added improvements of Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) to eliminated forks by pre-approval of blocks prior to their addition to the blockchain, forging from uncles to reduce network latency and block time, and a voting system which reduces centralization by eliminating the use of the same voting weight from an account being used to vote for multiple delegates without dilution. Voting for multiple delegates divides the vote by the same fraction as the number of delegates voted for. The second goal to be achieved is SmartBridge, increasing consumer adoption of all meaningful alts and enabling new tokens to be created on their own bockchains for many different niche applications.

2. The use cases are "all over the map" because, as you mentioned, our team being diverse, the listed ideas are example use cases we could develop ourselves, but may also be developed by partners dand connected to with Ark via Smartbridge. So cases are "all over the map" because there is no limit to them. See, for example, Ethereum - their smart contracts also have a wide spectrum of use cases from esports tokens to hedge funds.

3. We are still in discussion for legal entity and domicile,  primarily focused on a Swiss Foundation like that used by Ethereum, Wings, planned by Lisk). The for structure and need for profit entities is determined by the regulations concerning how much of the funding may be used for non-profit development of the core platform, and how much is used for for-profit specific use applications. We are currently approved as partner of a well known company for maintaining a portfolio and making payments for services. More details on this will be revealed after the documentation is complete and the accounts are set up.

4. Unlike some projects which are launched as just an idea with a lot of marketing, Ark already has a developer team with blockchain experience in place, along with additional experienced front end developers and server/network infrastructure professionals. This team was formed from a group maintaining test net and main net delegates for Lisk, and some who maintained delegates for Crypti as well. During the course of the delegate effort, team members created specialized tools to streamline delegate operation, along with public facing utilities including faucets, alternate, robust Lisk online wallets during the initial launch for when the official Lisk sites were overloaded with DDoS attacks, delegate monitors, voting scripts, and a lite desktop wallet. With its delegate experience on Lisk and Crypti, the Ark team has easily the most experience with blockchain based voting systems of any group in the crypto industry. Concerning revenue generation from Ark, this is a usage token exchange, so we do not want to make any forward looking statements regarding expected price moves and valuation of the tokens. The received funds will be diversified into different asset classes and managed by a professional investment fund manager to maintain a reserve and generate income to fund the project on an ongoing basis. The Ark Project will not be relying on revenue from Ark token usage to fund development work.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Why lisk grants 120% bonus?
It is a joint project of the developer?

Hey! We are granting 120% bonus because we see Lisk as a long term hedge. It is a good investment for us we feel in the long run. We would like to perhaps partner with Lisk in the future if possible. It is to early at this time to see how that aspect will pan out. We are not against the idea though.
Activity: 457
Generation Blockchain.
Looks interesting. And lots of bonuses. Let's see that there won't be huge dumps because of the huge bonuses.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

I also have the same question. Why Lisk has 120% bonus and BTC only 30%? Any cooperation going on with Lisk or just want to accumulate Lisk?

Lisk price is low at the moment so better buy now. Though Lisk price will climb up soon.

And too high bonus will be susceptible to dumps when this hits exchanges.

There is no cooperation at this moment with Lisk. We are offering 120% in the first 24 hours for lisk because we believe in it and so, there is not going to be a dump after the Token Exchange Campaign.

I think most of the developers also are Lisk developers. I think I read something about that in the whitepaper.
And the first bridges will be to Lisk, Ethereum and Bitcoin.

Lisk only has one developer, Oliver Bedows, and he is not involved in this project.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

I also have the same question. Why Lisk has 120% bonus and BTC only 30%? Any cooperation going on with Lisk or just want to accumulate Lisk?

Lisk price is low at the moment so better buy now. Though Lisk price will climb up soon.

There is no cooperation at this moment with Lisk. We are offering 120% in the first 24 hours for lisk because we believe in it and so, there is not going to be a dump after the Token Exchange Campaign.

I think most of the developers also are Lisk developers. I think I read something about that in the whitepaper.
And the first bridges will be to Lisk, Ethereum and Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Having spent a fair amount of time with all the promotional materials, I find myself with a few questions.

1. What is the value proposition of the ARK platform?  What has been sighted in the materials seem to be high level (a community, a token and a bridge).  How is ARK different and why should I care?
2. The Use cases you have outlined seem to be a "brainstorming dump" and are all over the map. Do you have any market driven analysis that suggests you can dominate any market segment?
3. What will the organizational structure be? Foundation + For Profit entity? What is the thinking here?
4. The team that has been identified are quite diverse but there is a lack of biographical detail that is relevant to the ARK project. How do you assure successful delivery of the ARK platform with a product that generates revenue.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I'm all ears. I also wanted to know how ARK will successfully be implementing their visions for mass adoption.
Having to explain this will boost users and investors trust to the project.
Activity: 324
Joined sigcamp October 30 2016

I think there is a specific page to post that you have joined sig campaign.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Joined sigcamp October 30 2016
The idea is to get investors excited about the project, but if the vision and concept cannot be put into one short paragraph, investors are going to be at a loss as to what ARK is actually trying to achieve and what ARK is offering.

Ripple is doing good though. i think their gateway to bank system is the coin strength.
if ARK is vaguely explained as suck then again this is something to be discussed here. Smiley  Every coin wants to be used by millions of people , i was under the impression ARK aims to help altcoins doing it.  Grin

Yes, but how? This is what needs to be conveyed with a little more clarity. thats all I'm saying  Smiley
Activity: 882
Everything you want, is everything you need.

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
The idea is to get investors excited about the project, but if the vision and concept cannot be put into one short paragraph, investors are going to be at a loss as to what ARK is actually trying to achieve and what ARK is offering.

Ripple is doing good though. i think their gateway to bank system is the coin strength.
if ARK is vaguely explained as suck then again this is something to be discussed here. Smiley  Every coin wants to be used by millions of people , i was under the impression ARK aims to help altcoins doing it.  Grin
Activity: 510
cannabanana,

If you were to compare Ark with another crypto project, which project would you say comes closest? for e.g. Via, Counterparty etc.

From what others we have talked to in back channels are saying, I have heard it compared to ripple.  Lot more on the dev team that would probably have a better description for you.

Cheers, I am just trying to get a feel for what Ark is trying to achieve, what problems Ark is trying to resolve, and what Ark's mission is.

It is not immediately obvious at all that Arc is anything like Ripple. If this is the case, it should be put across more clearly because even after reading some info on Arc, I have not seen any indication of this?

You guys could be missing a trick here.

I'd recommend the team emphasize this point or even make it a little more clear what Ark is trying to achieve, if this is the case.

No difference?
Ripple is good though but yeah it feels like i'm not reading and understood the concept of ARK in anyway. lol I just see it like another ICO?

That's what a lot of people will probably be seeing as the strap-line is "a platform to promote mass adoption" and "how over time the ARK ecosystem will integrate new technologies to expand the range of services it can provide and adapt to new technologies with ease".

This explanation of what ARK is just too Vague IMO.

There needs to be focus on ARK's main strength and how ARK intends to promote mass adoption etc.
Activity: 700
cannabanana,

If you were to compare Ark with another crypto project, which project would you say comes closest? for e.g. Via, Counterparty etc.

From what others we have talked to in back channels are saying, I have heard it compared to ripple.  Lot more on the dev team that would probably have a better description for you.

Cheers, I am just trying to get a feel for what Ark is trying to achieve, what problems Ark is trying to resolve, and what Ark's mission is.

It is not immediately obvious at all that Arc is anything like Ripple. If this is the case, it should be put across more clearly because even after reading some info on Arc, I have not seen any indication of this?

I'd recommend the team emphasize this point or even make it a little more clear what Ark is trying to achieve, if this is the case.

No difference?
Ripple is good though but yeah it feels like i'm not reading and understood the concept of ARK in anyway. lol I just see it like another ICO?
cannabanana,

Jump to: