Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 17. (Read 35695 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Can I get 99.2?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
Let's see if the latest version in 0.93-bugfix fixes any of this behavior. As usual, wipe the existing DB.

The outcome is no different to yesterdays unfortunately (the missing addresses are identical to yesterdays 0.93bugfix branch). Just finished re-checking that I was using the correct build.

Edit: just tried running latest Armory 0.93 bugfix with Bitcoin Core 0.9.3, and all problems are resolved (all wallets have the balances I would expect)

You mean you were trying with Core 0.10 and a dedicated chain folder? I'm confused as to why it would fail under these circumstances but I guess I have no choice but to see for myself. Thanks for your effort though, it makes my life easier at least =P
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
Let's see if the latest version in 0.93-bugfix fixes any of this behavior. As usual, wipe the existing DB.

The outcome is no different to yesterdays unfortunately (the missing addresses are identical to yesterdays 0.93bugfix branch). Just finished re-checking that I was using the correct build.

Edit: just tried running latest Armory 0.93 bugfix with Bitcoin Core 0.9.3, and all problems are resolved (all wallets have the balances I would expect)
legendary

How do I get it?

You'll need to get it compiled from source, not sure how easy it is on Windows (although it's likely easier than with MacOS). Sounds like Armory team aren't releasing a built copy yet.
legendary

How do I get it?
legendary
Armory Developer
legendary
I'm assuming the 29 GB "blocks" file in the screenshot of the previous post is a complete Db build, which is the same size as mine (and noticeably different to the size that 92.99.1-2 generated)

Yeah it's fresh, the old one got to like 60 gb
legendary
I'm assuming the 29 GB "blocks" file in the screenshot of the previous post is a complete Db build, which is the same size as mine (and noticeably different to the size that 92.99.1-2 generated)
legendary
I'm using custom directories. Maybe there's a bug there?

I'm also using non-standard datadirs
legendary
Armory Developer
During the upgrade it didn't show anything so I deleted everything and rebuilt. Still blank. 0 transactions 0 balances. I'm on Windows. I'm using custom directories. Maybe there's a bug there?

If you're pointing at the wrong block data folder. What top block is Armory displaying?
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Java Coder
Small text bug in Message Signing/Verification and on most tabs such as Transactions, Announcements, etc:

http://prntscr.com/5w8qc8
On Mac
legendary
During the upgrade it didn't show anything so I deleted everything and rebuilt. Still blank. 0 transactions 0 balances. I'm on Windows. I'm using custom directories. Maybe there's a bug there?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF

A minor thing: Maybe rethink

Help -> About Armory...
Help -> Armory version

and

Help -> Update Software

As they are resulting in similar things / presenting similar info. I think they could be bundled in to one tab / window.

I tried .3 from the secure downloader and it took less than twelve hours (that's the time I was away from the laptop). However the laptop would not come out of screen lock, so I had to shut it down with the power button and restart.  (Lubuntu 14.04)

It looks all good now though.
legendary
Running on an i5 3.0 GHz, 8 Gb RAM and Fedora 20 (running as a VM with Qubes/Xen doing the hypervisor stuff)
legendary
Armory Developer
The results with current 0.93bugfix are not necessarily an improvement. No mined coins shown at all, for instance.

pre or post 100 conf? Do you get the ledger in the lobby with the other transactions? Can you see those mined coins looking at address ledgers from the wallet property dialog?

all are post 100 conf, can't see any record of them at all.

I've reinstated the 0.92.99.2 Db, it works fine still (Db is the only change)

Hmm could I see a WO?

Otherwise gimme your machine's spec and OS
legendary
The results with current 0.93bugfix are not necessarily an improvement. No mined coins shown at all, for instance.

pre or post 100 conf? Do you get the ledger in the lobby with the other transactions? Can you see those mined coins looking at address ledgers from the wallet property dialog?

all are post 100 conf, can't see any record of them at all.

I've reinstated the 0.92.99.2 Db, it works fine still (Db + running 0.92.99.2 are the only changes)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Senior Developer - Armory
Tried build-app.py, Armory builds but closes immediately after I try to run it.

python Armory.app
/usr/local/opt/python/bin/python2.7: can't find '__main__' module in 'Armory.app'

That's not how to launch Armory from the command line in OS X.

Code:
cd *Armory.app location*/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/
./Armory

Just FYI, if anybody tries to use CL options on OS X pre-0.92.99.3, they may run into some errors, especially if they're trying to use an option with spaces in it (e.g., --datadir='/Volumes/My External HD/Armory/'). 0.92.99.3 should have a fix for that.
legendary
Armory Developer
I've just scanned a wallet with coinbase rewards and I see them fine.
legendary
Armory Developer

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Ok, I'll try it out

Thanks, much appreciated

It does fail at block 161352 every time.

Thanks for the block upload. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce your issue. With the 24 block files you provided, I scanned up to block 197431. Can you try 0.93-bugfix and let me know if the issue reappears? Also please make sure to delete existing DB files first.
Somewhere between when I first reported this and yesterday, that branch stopped failing at block 161352 and started failing at block 221346 instead.

I'm currently re-bootstrapping Bitcoin Core from a bootstrap.dat file (previous instance was bootstrapped using the new headers-first process) to see if that makes a difference.
Pages:
Jump to: