Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.94.1 is out - page 3. (Read 11877 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
June 01, 2016, 08:06:57 PM
I just waited it out. It took about 13 hours for a 3 sats/b tx.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
June 01, 2016, 02:00:27 PM
At some point but not in the next update. Doesn't matter for your particular case, the original tx would have to flag RBF to be replaceable anyways. You can always try a child pays for parent to hurry things up, some pools do prioritize those I believe.
June 01, 2016, 01:28:55 PM
Question.

Is it possible to see the size of a tx before you send it? Either with direct sending or with the steps of creating an unsigned tx - sign & broadcast it?

I ask this because I made a transaction that had a huge size in kb and so an extremely low fee sats/bit that will take ages to confirm.

So next time I would like to prevent that.

You can look at the raw tx after signing it, in the offline signing/broadcasting dialog.

Thanks. I looked everywhere but didn't decode the Raw Tx  Roll Eyes

As of now there is no way to rebroadcast the tx with a higher fee right?

Any plans to implement replace by fee in a next update?
legendary
Armory Developer
June 01, 2016, 10:19:43 AM
Question.

Is it possible to see the size of a tx before you send it? Either with direct sending or with the steps of creating an unsigned tx - sign & broadcast it?

I ask this because I made a transaction that had a huge size in kb and so an extremely low fee sats/bit that will take ages to confirm.

You can look at the raw tx after signing it, in the offline signing/broadcasting dialog.
June 01, 2016, 05:25:10 AM
Question.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
May 24, 2016, 01:41:17 PM
Armory is supposed to be used offline for maximum security. I trust it solely with all my bitcoin.

For you, use trezor in the future.
legendary
Armory Developer
May 24, 2016, 06:15:45 AM
Armory's key points of differentiation are privacy and security of cold offline signing +/- multisig lockboxes.

If you're not using an air-gapped cold offline signing process with Armory (especially if running windows), then you're no more secure than just using a phone wallet.

And he still hasn't provided that level of details. Are the wallets offline or online? How long are the passwords, do they contain easily identifiable tokens? Does he use the password same for each wallet? Has he manipulated his wallets within the week leading to the event and how? What about month? Has he changed encryption on his wallet recently? Does he has cloud storage backups? What password do they use? Does he know of the addresses that received the coins? Has he scanned his online machine for infection? Any logs we can look at?

I've spent enough time on this. Short of some new significant evidence, this is in the hands of the community.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
May 24, 2016, 01:53:01 AM
Armory's key points of differentiation are privacy and the security of cold offline signing +/- multisig lockboxes.

If you're not using an air-gapped cold offline signing process with Armory (especially if running windows), then you're no more secure than just using a wallet on a jailbroken phone.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 24, 2016, 01:49:42 AM
Yes, it's confirmed in bitcoin core someone managed to steal all my coins out of all wallets in armory with passphases on the wallets

Activity: 692
Merit: 500
May 23, 2016, 11:52:12 PM
I remember it was a day I visited a litecoin website and installed litecoin.

Was it an unsolicited phishing link that encouraged you to install litecoin that day?

See also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1478385.0;all
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
May 23, 2016, 10:35:47 PM
I am not calling Armory a trojan, I am talking about a trojan running at the same time as Armory trying to steal bitcoins.

Thanks, I am trying to import now. I am thinking of how this could be possible.
I keep getting Invalid private key encoding (code -5) in bitcoin-qt console
I have no way to verify this is correct in bitcoin core.

I need to export my wallets in core to make sure my coins are stolen.

importprivkey is not working on the armory exports
It just doesn't make sense to me, I need to confirm in bitcore-qt

I'm working to generate payment in coins here.. have about 5..

Then one day armory just shows incorrect balances and the interface starts being buggy..

And so it's now a trojan or something that stole the coins but the interface is buggy so I can't tell

I want to export into bitcoin-qt core to see the balances there before I conclude someone must have trojaned my computer and stole  those from multiple wallets with passphase

But now I can't export to bitcoin-qt with any armory export?

Any ideas?
It works fine for me. You need to make sure that you are not missing any characters and don't have any spaces in the private key.

P.S. You should stop posting consecutive posts like you are doing right now. It is very spammy. Instead, when you have some information to add and no one has responded yet, please edit your last post with that extra info.
May 23, 2016, 10:24:48 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me, I need to confirm in bitcore-qt

I'm working to generate payment in coins here.. have about 5..

Then one day armory just shows incorrect balances and the interface starts being buggy..

And so it's now a trojan or something that stole the coins but the interface is buggy so I can't tell

I want to export into bitcoin-qt core to see the balances there before I conclude someone must have trojaned my computer and stole  those from multiple wallets with passphase

But now I can't export to bitcoin-qt with any armory export?

Any ideas?
May 23, 2016, 10:04:17 PM
I have no way to verify this is correct in bitcoin core.

I need to export my wallets in core to make sure my coins are stolen.

importprivkey is not working on the armory exports
May 23, 2016, 09:56:53 PM
I keep getting Invalid private key encoding (code -5) in bitcoin-qt console
May 23, 2016, 09:53:48 PM
I am not calling Armory a trojan, I am talking about a trojan running at the same time as Armory trying to steal bitcoins.

Thanks, I am trying to import now. I am thinking of how this could be possible.
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
May 23, 2016, 08:47:03 PM
So I guess this is some type of trojan that has been sitting calling bitcoind every 10 minutes or something trying to extract private keys?

I'm trying to port over to bitcoin-qt now to verify. I don't know exactly how it was done. I remember it was a day I visited a litecoin website and installed litecoin.
If you are calling Armory a trojan, then you are mistaken. It is not a virus nor is it malware.

No, I haven't done this exported and imported before

I am still trying to figure out how to export from armory to a format I can use in bitcoin-qt console for function

importprivkey

I tried PrivBase58, PrivHexBE, SHA256(?) format but it would give me the error:

Invalid private key encoding (code -5)
When you look at the Address key info, you want to use the "Private Key (base58)" or if you exported the key lists you want "PrivBase58", both are the same. You want to copy that string without spaces in order to import to Bitcoin Core. There is a handy little checkbox when you export the key list to "Omit spaces in key data". The key should start with a "5" (all uncompressed Bitcoin Private keys start with a 5). If it does not, then it is not the importable private key.
May 23, 2016, 08:15:54 PM
No, I haven't done this exported and imported before

I am still trying to figure out how to export from armory to a format I can use in bitcoin-qt console for function

importprivkey

I tried PrivBase58, PrivHexBE, SHA256(?) format but it would give me the error:

Invalid private key encoding (code -5)

legendary
Armory Developer
May 23, 2016, 06:55:34 PM
There is some brief window in time that allows this to be read from bitcoind after unlocked?

What has bitcoind to do with this? Have you imported your private keys into a Core wallet before this event? Armory wallets are entirely separate from the underlying node. Armory never communicates private nor public keys to the Bitcoin node, nor does it need to.
May 23, 2016, 06:04:20 PM
Wallets should not have been unlocked with bitcoind at those two times. I don't see how they can have my passphrase. Will update soon.

That address is still growing where coins have been transferred.
May 23, 2016, 06:03:06 PM
There is some brief window in time that allows this to be read from bitcoind after unlocked?

Pages:
Jump to: