Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.95 testing phase - page 4. (Read 8294 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
August 29, 2016, 05:27:25 AM
I think most of the bugs and instability issues reported here should be fixed now. Testers, please pull dev and try again. DB format changed slightly, please start with a fresh folder.
Still getting tons of these errors:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 5771, in handleCppNotification
    self.updateWalletData()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 5735, in updateWalletData
    self.walletMap[wltid].getAddrDataFromDB()
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 52, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 3119, in getAddrDataFromDB
    countList = self.cppWallet.getAddrTxnCountsFromDB()
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 2354, in getAddrTxnCountsFromDB
    return _CppBlockUtils.BtcWallet_getAddrTxnCountsFromDB(self)
: >

and it seems that it is stuck at "Scanning Transaction History 100% 1 second".

ArmoryDb process still detaches itself from the parent process after Quit (i.e. survives when it should die).

Both issues should be fixed now. Upgraded coin control to display utxos, give that a spin as well. Will work on ZC and progress bars next.
legendary
Armory Developer
August 29, 2016, 03:48:31 AM
I think most of the bugs and instability issues reported here should be fixed now. Testers, please pull dev and try again. DB format changed slightly, please start with a fresh folder.

Still seeing testnet crashes w/ ArmoryDB on OS X. Latest code. Same problem as before.

Can you:

1) upload the incriminated block file

2) try to sync against another copy of the testnet
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
August 28, 2016, 11:35:50 PM
Were you getting those while scanning?
I think so.
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
August 28, 2016, 11:13:44 PM

Still seeing testnet crashes w/ ArmoryDB on OS X. Latest code. Same problem as before.
legendary
Armory Developer
August 28, 2016, 10:56:51 PM
Code:
    self.updateWalletData()
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 52, in inner
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 3119, in getAddrDataFromDB
  File "/home/andy/bitcoin/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 2354, in getAddrTxnCountsFromDB

Were you getting those while scanning?
staff
Just writing some code
August 28, 2016, 01:40:40 PM
Edit3: It doesn't detect new ZC transactions and nothing in the log indicates why.

Is the ZC eventually mined?
Yes. It only shows up after it is confirmed.

Do you experience the detached DB issue too?
Don't know, haven't and can't check (away from my machine).
legendary
Armory Developer
August 28, 2016, 01:11:40 PM
Edit3: It doesn't detect new ZC transactions and nothing in the log indicates why.

Do you experience the detached DB issue too?
staff
Just writing some code
August 28, 2016, 01:10:36 PM

legendary
Armory Developer
August 28, 2016, 01:08:12 PM
I appreciate that using a progress bar wouldn't work for an indicator... something to demonstrate the inability to estimate to the user might be an idea though (i.e. a striped progress bar that clearly doesn't ever complete, but does cascade at a speed related to how fast the tx-Resolve-Hash step is being called/finished). Otherwise that step could be mistaken for a program crash (potential source of frustration for new users, not to mention a source of common user complaints).

I'll add a progress bar for that stuff at some point. For now just assume this step has to happen before the scan completes.
legendary
Armory Developer
August 28, 2016, 01:07:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 28, 2016, 10:56:47 AM
Code:
    self.updateWalletData()

and it seems that it is stuck at "Scanning Transaction History 100% 1 second".

Experiencing both issues, but I find the latter issue is just lengthy time without any progress feedback for the user completing the last step of the tx scan ("resolving tx hashes").

I appreciate that using a progress bar wouldn't work for an indicator... something to demonstrate the inability to estimate to the user might be an idea though (i.e. a striped progress bar that clearly doesn't ever complete, but does cascade at a speed related to how fast the tx-Resolve-Hash step is being called/finished). Otherwise that step could be mistaken for a program crash (potential source of frustration for new users, not to mention a source of common user complaints).

Otherwise, seems much better. Coinbase tx details bug fixed. ArmoryDb process still detaches itself from the parent process after Quit (i.e. survives when it should die).
staff
Just writing some code
August 28, 2016, 10:46:05 AM
Code:
    self.updateWalletData()

and it seems that it is stuck at "Scanning Transaction History 100% 1 second". Edit: It fixed itself.

Yay! It seems to work!

Edit2: Looking at the list of addresses in a wallet, it looks like any address that has a 0 balance is considered unused even though they have been used in the past. Double clicking on the address shows the transactions, but the adddresses in the list are marked as unused with 0 transactions.

legendary
Armory Developer
August 28, 2016, 02:04:17 AM
legendary
August 22, 2016, 04:43:07 AM
is Armory compatible with Bitcore from Bitpay?

This should be a thread in it's own right, first off.

I'm not sure that Bitcore/Armory has ever been tried. Bitcore is in many ways just a re-implementation of Bitcoin Core as far as I'm aware, but there aren't particularly compelling reasons to use it. Although I've not heard of any recent changes to the development direction that might somehow make it attractive for use with Armory? (and not your own personal convenience).
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
August 21, 2016, 09:25:24 PM
is Armory compatible with Bitcore from Bitpay?
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
August 19, 2016, 08:59:28 PM
This is mostly the same code as 0.94. Do you get the same error with the same blockchain data with 0.94?

No, although it does seem like things slow down quite a bit when reading from the later files. (Fresh DB but everything's multithreaded.) There's definitely something present that Armory doesn't like, although 0.94.1 doesn't crash. With Armory, it takes me ~22 min. to get the testnet DB built from scratch. It slows down when getting near the end (AFAIK) of the files, then takes a little while for the blockchain to organize.

Also, it takes 2-3 min. for Armory 0.94.1 to shut down in testnet mode, with 100% CPU utilization the entire time. Don't know if it's related but it seems plausible. Nothing shows up on the command line while all this is happening.
legendary
August 19, 2016, 07:08:35 PM
I'm experiencing issues with latest Dev also, Db reaches tx scanning and gets stuck. No crash, just wheel-spinning. 2/2 scans produced the same result (at different block heights)
legendary
Armory Developer
August 19, 2016, 06:30:57 PM
Hmm. Latest build of dev. I don't see any of my transactions now and no balance. The dashboard tab says I am online but the right hand corner says offline.

I'm aware of this. Dev is going to be in limbo for the weekend while I work on some lower level stability issues.
staff
Just writing some code
August 19, 2016, 06:03:59 PM
Hmm. Latest build of dev. I don't see any of my transactions now and no balance. The dashboard tab says I am online but the right hand corner says offline.
legendary
Armory Developer
August 19, 2016, 04:09:13 PM
As a side note, once it hits blk00047.dat, the "Found next block after skipped Xbytes" message comes up a lot. It only comes up once before hitting that file. Don't know if that matters but I thought I'd bring it up.

It's throwing while it tries to deser the block here:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/dev/cppForSwig/DatabaseBuilder.cpp#L314

This is mostly the same code as 0.94. Do you get the same error with the same blockchain data with 0.94?
Pages:
Jump to: