Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 10. (Read 521693 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Java Coder
March 22, 2015, 05:33:31 PM
Yes, something about Armory not having to build its own DB anymore, so you won't have a double blockchain on your storage medium
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
March 22, 2015, 01:36:44 PM
Is it my impression or the database is a tad smaller compared with the previous version?

I observed the same (maybe a GB or so). Won't matter once goatpig does the next stage in the Db redevelopment, he quoted something like 120 MB Db for that setup.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
March 22, 2015, 05:01:45 AM
Just to let you know that Armory 0.93.1 is working like a charm on my OS X 10.10.2. No more db errors and superfast start up. Is it my impression or the database is a tad smaller compared with the previous version?

Good job!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 19, 2015, 03:41:54 PM
--- snip ---

NOTE: As of 0.93, we broke compatibility with both Ubuntu 12.04 (32 and 64) and Windows 32 bit.  The next major release (hopefully soon) will actually remove the bulky Armory databases (except in supernode, of course), and thus make it compatible with 32-bit again.
Sounds good !

Thx for the update etotheipi ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
March 18, 2015, 08:40:13 PM
Armory 0.93.1  --  Fixes most BDM issues and the Fragmented backup UI issues.

As usual, please use Help->Update Software within the app to use the secure downloader, if possible. 

Armory 0.93.1 for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ (64-bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for MacOSX 10.7+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for Ubuntu 12.04+ (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for Ubuntu 12.04+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.1: Signed hashes of all installers

NOTE: As of 0.93, we broke compatibility with both Ubuntu 12.04 (32 and 64) and Windows 32 bit.  The next major release (hopefully soon) will actually remove the bulky Armory databases (except in supernode, of course), and thus make it compatible with 32-bit again.

The description page inside the app says the 0.93.1 release date was March 13, 2015. Should it not now say March 18th?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
March 18, 2015, 07:52:21 PM
Armory 0.93.1  --  Fixes most BDM issues and the Fragmented backup UI issues.

As usual, please use Help->Update Software within the app to use the secure downloader, if possible. 

Armory 0.93.1 for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ (64-bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for MacOSX 10.7+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for Ubuntu 12.04+ (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for Ubuntu 12.04+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.1 Offline Bundle for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.1: Signed hashes of all installers

Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
March 16, 2015, 04:44:25 AM
I don't think they should implement that.  The main selling point of Armory is security, both security against theft (as in using offline wallets) but more importantly security against loss of bitcoins, implemented through paper backups.  If you automatically import keys you lose both:  Your bitcoins are no more secure than the weakest wallet, and they do not get backed up.

What is the use-case for automatic import?  Why not just use one of the wallets?
legendary
March 15, 2015, 09:53:29 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. You will get full up-to-date transaction history for any private key you import into an Armory wallet, past, present and future. If you create new private keys in a wallet from another client, you will have to import these new keys into your Armory wallet to get their history.
What I meant was I assume to import new keys after the initial import during armory setup, that you have to manually import via a menu somewhere where as I was asking about telling armory to check for new keys from the QT client and import if found. So everything otherwise would remain automatic with new keys needing to be imported.

Nothing like that sorry. All key imports are manual.
I know the chances of something like that being implemented is low, but where might I make an official request to try ?
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
March 15, 2015, 09:29:50 PM
What I meant was I assume to import new keys after the initial import during armory setup, that you have to manually import via a menu somewhere where as I was asking about telling armory to check for new keys from the QT client and import if found. So everything otherwise would remain automatic with new keys needing to be imported.

Nothing like that sorry. All key imports are manual.
legendary
March 15, 2015, 08:01:43 PM
I'll have to read up on auto bitcoind, I've seen it referenced a few times. As for the import thing, could armory be told to "look" for changes and import at x intervals ?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. You will get full up-to-date transaction history for any private key you import into an Armory wallet, past, present and future. If you create new private keys in a wallet from another client, you will have to import these new keys into your Armory wallet to get their history.
legendary
Armory Developer
March 15, 2015, 04:36:57 PM
I'll have to read up on auto bitcoind, I've seen it referenced a few times. As for the import thing, could armory be told to "look" for changes and import at x intervals ?

legendary
March 15, 2015, 02:19:00 AM
Ahh, well here's hoping we get 32bit back. Would hate to downgrade QT to use armory on my laptop.

We said we'll deliver next version

1) Can I use my own rpc user / pass with armory or does it have to be those supplied when installing armory ?

Not if you use auto bitcoind. With BitcoinQt you can set your own RPC password

2) If when setting up armory, you import an existing wallet from the QT client. If something RPC's in to the node and modifies the wallet by making new ones with labels etc. Since during Armory setup you requested to import the existing wallet. Do changes made to the wallet via RPC continue to import over ?

No, Armory and Core wallets are completely different. You can't import Core wallets into Armory as is, you have to import the private keys, which will become part of the Armory wallet. New private keys created in the Core wallet will be unknown to Armory until you import these too.

legendary
Armory Developer
March 14, 2015, 11:45:00 PM
Ahh, well here's hoping we get 32bit back. Would hate to downgrade QT to use armory on my laptop.

We said we'll deliver next version

1) Can I use my own rpc user / pass with armory or does it have to be those supplied when installing armory ?

Not if you use auto bitcoind. With BitcoinQt you can set your own RPC password

2) If when setting up armory, you import an existing wallet from the QT client. If something RPC's in to the node and modifies the wallet by making new ones with labels etc. Since during Armory setup you requested to import the existing wallet. Do changes made to the wallet via RPC continue to import over ?

No, Armory and Core wallets are completely different. You can't import Core wallets into Armory as is, you have to import the private keys, which will become part of the Armory wallet. New private keys created in the Core wallet will be unknown to Armory until you import these too.

legendary
March 14, 2015, 09:05:51 PM
Everything seemed to run fine in 32bit up until the last stable version 0.93.

New DB engine

On that note, think you could shed light on any of these question to which I thank you in advance.

legendary
Armory Developer
March 14, 2015, 07:17:16 PM

New DB engine
legendary
March 14, 2015, 07:09:59 PM
so aside from my previous reply I'm still waiting for a reply on, will the next version actually include Windows 32 bit? I ask because it seems you're latest reply suggests that we're still focusing on 64 bit for Windows.

No, this version is just for bug fixes, you'll have to wait for the version with DB changes.
Loooooooovely.

No point building a x86 version that can't run in x86 anyways.
legendary
Armory Developer
March 14, 2015, 05:57:10 PM
so aside from my previous reply I'm still waiting for a reply on, will the next version actually include Windows 32 bit? I ask because it seems you're latest reply suggests that we're still focusing on 64 bit for Windows.

No, this version is just for bug fixes, you'll have to wait for the version with DB changes.
Loooooooovely.

No point building a x86 version that can't run in x86 anyways.
legendary
March 14, 2015, 12:29:38 PM

Loooooooovely.
legendary
Armory Developer
March 14, 2015, 03:18:42 AM

legendary
March 14, 2015, 02:58:11 AM
It's been a bumpy road, but I think we're finally getting there...

So we had a problem with auto-manage bitcoind in the .80 testing release (it's a pain to test with auto-bitcoind, so we miss that easily).  Sorry!  Hopefully this is the last testing release before the 0.93.1!

As usual, use the secure downloader to get it.  Only use the links below as a backup:

Armory 0.93.0.82-testing for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ (64-bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing for MacOSX 10.7+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing for Ubuntu 12.04+ (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.0.82-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (32bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 exact (64bit)
  Armory 0.93.0.82-testing Offline Bundle for RaspberryPi  (armhf)

Armory 0.93.0.82-testing: Signed hashes of all installers

Pages:
Jump to: