Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 110. (Read 521763 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 05, 2013, 12:23:11 AM

Please help Sad PM me if you can help me turn my paper wallet into private keys.

Brainwallet can generate addresses from an Armory paper backup.

http://brainwallet.org/#chains

I already tried this, but I never get the right wallet ID
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
August 05, 2013, 12:21:13 AM

Please help Sad PM me if you can help me turn my paper wallet into private keys.

Mooshire... the only way I can help you is if you can get Ubuntu working somewhere and use it to access your wallet.

The easiest thing to do would probably be to download an Ubuntu 10.04 Live CD and the Armory Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 10.04.  Boot into the live session, download that offline bundle desktop, unpack it, click the install script, then run Armory and Import your paper backup.  Once it's imported, you can open the wallet and go to "backup individual keys".  Click on "Show Unused Keys", and you'll have access to all of them.  

I don't know any other (secure) way to access your private keys.  You have to be able to run Armory in offline mode somewhere.  And then you will have access to them.
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
August 05, 2013, 12:19:14 AM

Brainwallet can generate addresses from an Armory paper backup.

http://brainwallet.org/#chains
August 05, 2013, 12:15:15 AM

cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
August 04, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Ah thanks, I'll give that code a shot.

Success! Thanks!
August 04, 2013, 09:26:53 PM
Hey, I never got my problem fixed Sad I still can't get to my coins
cp1
Stop using branwallets
August 04, 2013, 08:42:25 PM
Ah thanks, I'll give that code a shot.
legendary
Core Armory Developer
August 04, 2013, 08:37:29 PM
I'm trying to use armoryengine to find the balance of some addresses.  I tried following the example from import500kaddresses, but get an error.

Code:
from armoryengine import *
wlt = Cpp.BtcWallet()
wlt.addAddress_1_( hex_to_binary('9c633b56899c633b56899c633b56899c633b5689') )  # hash160
TheBDM.registerWallet(wlt)
start = RightNow()
TheBDM.setBlocking(True)
TheBDM.setOnlineMode(True)
print 'Loading blockchain took %d seconds' % int(RightNow()-start)
wlt.setBlockchainSyncFlag(BLOCKCHAIN_READONLY)
wlt.syncWithBlockchain()
print 'Full sync at %d seconds' % int(RightNow()-start)
print 'Wallet balance is: %s' % coin2str(wlt.getBalance('Spendable'))

Loading blockchain took 916 seconds

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/balance.py", line 16, in
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1087, in
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, BtcWallet, name)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 51, in _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: setBlockchainSyncFlag

Any ideas?  It looks like the permissions are fine and I deleted all the lock files I could find.

Ugh.   I need to update all that old example code.   That particular file is ancient and uses functions that don't exist anymore.  I'm pretty sure most of the examples in extras/sample_armory_code.py is good though.  At least, the methods for loading and accessing the blockchain.
cp1
Stop using branwallets
August 04, 2013, 08:13:29 PM
I'm trying to use armoryengine to find the balance of some addresses.  I tried following the example from import500kaddresses, but get an error.

Code:
from armoryengine import *
wlt = Cpp.BtcWallet()
wlt.addAddress_1_( hex_to_binary('9c633b56899c633b56899c633b56899c633b5689') )  # hash160
TheBDM.registerWallet(wlt)
start = RightNow()
TheBDM.setBlocking(True)
TheBDM.setOnlineMode(True)
print 'Loading blockchain took %d seconds' % int(RightNow()-start)
wlt.syncWithBlockchain()
print 'Full sync at %d seconds' % int(RightNow()-start)
print 'Wallet balance is: %s' % coin2str(wlt.getBalance('Spendable'))

Loading blockchain took 916 seconds

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/balance.py", line 16, in
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1087, in
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, BtcWallet, name)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 51, in _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: setBlockchainSyncFlag

Any ideas?  It looks like the permissions are fine and I deleted all the lock files I could find.
August 04, 2013, 07:53:44 PM
Yeah, it's still running painfully slow. Not sure why, i'm not doing anything big. Checking in Task Manager to make sure there's nothing suspicious.

EDIT: It's all <20% CPU and <50% memory. I have 8 gigs of RAM
August 04, 2013, 07:51:44 PM

Interesting.  Can you do me a favor and make a copy of the Armory shortcut on your desktop, then right click on the copy and add the following string to the "Target:"

--offline --skip-version-check --skip-online-check

Make sure there's a space between the end of the existing "Target" and that extra text.  Then try running it again.

Also, it looks like you're using Windows Server 2008, which theoretically should work but not everyone has had success.  I never figured out what was different about it...

I'm using windows 8 o.o and trying now
legendary
Core Armory Developer
August 04, 2013, 07:48:14 PM

Interesting.  Can you do me a favor and make a copy of the Armory shortcut on your desktop, then right click on the copy and add the following string to the "Target:"

--offline --skip-version-check --skip-online-check

Make sure there's a space between the end of the existing "Target" and that extra text.  Then try running it again.

Also, it looks like you're using Windows Server 2008, which theoretically should work but not everyone has had success.  I never figured out what was different about it...
legendary
Core Armory Developer
August 04, 2013, 07:36:05 PM
Armory has stopped working, how can I take my encrypted wallet and get the first like 10 private keys from it?

Open Armory in offline mode (there's a shortcut installed on both Windows an Linux when you use the installer), then use "Backup Individual Keys" to get access to all the keys in the wallet. 

I try, but armory just goes so incredibly slow and freezes, which is my problem.

It goes that slow in offline mode?   There's very little it should be doing in offline mode.  Anything unusual about your system?  Can you send me a log file?

How to send log file? Also, I have a paper backup for the wallet in question

If you can get into Armory, it's under "File"-->"Export Log File".  If not, you can just go straight to your home directory:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Armory\Armory.exe.log
(the .log file name may be slightly different).

It's great you have a paper backup.... using that will be our last resort (basically, you need a working version of Armory in order to use it). 
August 04, 2013, 07:34:00 PM
Armory has stopped working, how can I take my encrypted wallet and get the first like 10 private keys from it?

Open Armory in offline mode (there's a shortcut installed on both Windows an Linux when you use the installer), then use "Backup Individual Keys" to get access to all the keys in the wallet. 

I try, but armory just goes so incredibly slow and freezes, which is my problem.

It goes that slow in offline mode?   There's very little it should be doing in offline mode.  Anything unusual about your system?  Can you send me a log file?

How to send log file? Also, I have a paper backup for the wallet in question
legendary
Core Armory Developer
August 04, 2013, 06:55:34 PM

August 04, 2013, 06:46:55 PM

legendary
Core Armory Developer
August 04, 2013, 06:09:27 PM

August 04, 2013, 04:39:23 PM
I also have my paper backup
August 04, 2013, 04:35:14 PM
Jump to: