Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 112. (Read 521761 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 27, 2013, 06:39:37 PM
I have 5 GB of RAM and for me the only real slow part is the startup - that takes several minutes.  After that, it works pretty well.

Scratch that.  This used to be the case, but it doesn't really work any more.

etotheipi, if you're still looking for the installer - Google Code is back up now, so you should be able to download it off there.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
July 27, 2013, 03:15:45 PM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but give it a try:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hft3nmyotgwlapp/hrIbXq1aRL?n=4370239

No, the only versions I need are 0.87.2 and 0.88.1.  I'm not going to post the older version because of some important updates that were put in 0.86.3+.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
July 27, 2013, 03:06:24 PM
Finally bought a new PC  with 16GB RAM and 1 TB HD and now I can't download Armory.  Roll Eyes
Any ideas of when downloads will become available? What's the issue?

I thought it was a service-wide outtage because I couldn't access any projects, but it appears that something happened specifically to my project and/or account.  If I log out of gmail/google then I can at least start accessing projects again, but the bitcoinarmory project is still not found or accessible.  I just submitted a service request to google-code-hosting and we'll see what they say.  In the meantime, I may have to relocate the downloads.

Edit:  Ugh!  I just realized I don't have the original, signed files.  They were uploaded from my USB key (after signing on the offline computer), then the key was wiped.  I guess I never expected code.google.com to go down and take those with it.  This may take some work to get it back up...

Etotheipi,
Just curious so I don't have to check back so often:
Are we talking minutes, hours or days?

I'm sure others will have the same question.
Thanks and hope everything goes smoothly.
-xcsler

I don't know.  I definitely don't have any signed copies of the app anymore.  I'd have to re-execute the signing procedure on the offline computer.  I guess I'll have to add something to my script to make an archive directory of signed installers to avoid this in the future.

On the other hand: all the installers are signed with my GPG key.  Theoretically, if one were to provide me with my own installers, I could verify their authenticity.  I do still have the signed hash file, so I know what the sha256sums are supposed to look like (and the debs are signed directly).  If you have downloaded copies of the installers, please help me out and find a way to get them to me.  Then I'll put them in a new download location (after verifying them).

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but give it a try:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hft3nmyotgwlapp/hrIbXq1aRL?n=4370239
legendary
Core Armory Developer
July 27, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Finally bought a new PC  with 16GB RAM and 1 TB HD and now I can't download Armory.  Roll Eyes

I thought it was a service-wide outtage because I couldn't access any projects, but it appears that something happened specifically to my project and/or account.  If I log out of gmail/google then I can at least start accessing projects again, but the bitcoinarmory project is still not found or accessible.  I just submitted a service request to google-code-hosting and we'll see what they say.  In the meantime, I may have to relocate the downloads.

Edit:  Ugh!  I just realized I don't have the original, signed files.  They were uploaded from my USB key (after signing on the offline computer), then the key was wiped.  I guess I never expected code.google.com to go down and take those with it.  This may take some work to get it back up...

Etotheipi,

-xcsler

I don't know.  I definitely don't have any signed copies of the app anymore.  I'd have to re-execute the signing procedure on the offline computer.  I guess I'll have to add something to my script to make an archive directory of signed installers to avoid this in the future.

On the other hand: all the installers are signed with my GPG key.  Theoretically, if one were to provide me with my own installers, I could verify their authenticity.  I do still have the signed hash file, so I know what the sha256sums are supposed to look like (and the debs are signed directly).  If you have downloaded copies of the installers, please help me out and find a way to get them to me.  Then I'll put them in a new download location (after verifying them).
July 27, 2013, 02:18:50 PM

Etotheipi,

-xcsler
legendary
Core Armory Developer
July 27, 2013, 02:03:53 PM
Finally bought a new PC  with 16GB RAM and 1 TB HD and now I can't download Armory.  Roll Eyes

I thought it was a service-wide outtage because I couldn't access any projects, but it appears that something happened specifically to my project and/or account.  If I log out of gmail/google then I can at least start accessing projects again, but the bitcoinarmory project is still not found or accessible.  I just submitted a service request to google-code-hosting and we'll see what they say.  In the meantime, I may have to relocate the downloads.

Edit:  Ugh!  I just realized I don't have the original, signed files.  They were uploaded from my USB key (after signing on the offline computer), then the key was wiped.  I guess I never expected code.google.com to go down and take those with it.  This may take some work to get it back up...
July 27, 2013, 01:17:03 PM

Edit:
FYI with 16GB  RAM and i5 processor it took about 12 hours to download the blockchain.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
July 27, 2013, 01:33:29 AM
Can't wait for this update.

I had a 6gb system and was getting 'memory low' errors and crashes.

Now that I've upgraded em to 8gb I'm only getting crashes now...

I got windows 8 if that causes any issues?
Activity: 218
July 27, 2013, 12:38:22 AM
Anyone else having problems downloading the client? This link gives me a 403 error: https://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

Is there a mirror anywhere?
All of the download links seem to be down, not sure about any mirror.
I checked all of the links on the "Get Armory" page.

Here's the GitHub if it helps.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 26, 2013, 11:30:37 PM
Anyone else having problems downloading the client? This link gives me a 403 error: https://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

Is there a mirror anywhere?
legendary
Core Armory Developer
July 26, 2013, 11:16:40 PM
Armory should include a transaction fee when using the "sweep funds to" , function right ?. I just thought I would ask before trying it .

Yes, if the sweep needs a fee, it will notify you and ask for confirmation.  It even catches the case that the fee required is bigger than the amount in the address/wallet, and thus... too bad...
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
July 26, 2013, 09:37:33 PM
Armory should include a transaction fee when using the "sweep funds to" , function right ?. I just thought I would ask before trying it .
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 26, 2013, 08:54:18 PM
I have 5 GB of RAM and for me the only real slow part is the startup - that takes several minutes.  After that, it works pretty well.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
July 26, 2013, 08:06:31 PM
I been running Armory on my mac with 4gb of Ram and it runs fine for me.

Likewise. Hammers the disk a bit, but otherwise does all I need.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
July 26, 2013, 07:58:16 PM
I just have to say, running bitcoind + Armory on a SSD with 16gb of RAM is just awesome Smiley

Looking forward to improvements nonetheless!
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
July 26, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
Ram is insane expensive right now. I got the 32 for $100 last black Friday.
Wow, that IS expensive. It's almost not the least expensive component of a PC. (err - a modern PC, so no optical drives, obviously)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
July 26, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Ram is insane expensive right now. I got the 32 for $100 last black Friday.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 26, 2013, 12:36:34 PM
I only have 8 GB Sad
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
July 26, 2013, 05:36:54 AM
I like that it uses a lot. I got 32gb to burn.
Jump to: