Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 18. (Read 521749 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
November 14, 2014, 07:51:32 AM
how do i free up a stuck tx?  sent when Armory wasn't synced.

4a70836bf8b958c03fa1c1a5e5318f3b51368c1120e55b49c2cf0d6a8ea0f786

There's no guarantee that Tx is valid at this point. If you can't broadcast it like Justus advised, then the network won't accept it and you'll have to clear your ZC mempool. Go to Help -> Clear All Unconfirmed
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
November 13, 2014, 11:15:46 PM

If it never got broadcast, then double-click on the transaction, Copy Raw Tx (Hex), then paste here and submit: https://blockchain.info/pushtx
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
November 13, 2014, 11:08:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
November 04, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
Should we report bugs we discover with the dev branch, or is it understood that since it is under active development, that there will be issues and not to report them?

I discovered an action when interacting with the ui that results in an error when performed once and a segmentation fault when performed a second time. It is when you double click on an address in your wallet. It is not present in 0.92.3.

I'll include more information in a formal bug report. Just wanted to make sure I should file one before doing so.

Feel free to file them to our support channel. I don't think any of us have ran into this, so this being helpful. We are currently in the bug hunt phase on dev so you are welcomed to help.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
November 04, 2014, 04:03:30 PM
Should we report bugs we discover with the dev branch, or is it understood that since it is under active development, that there will be issues and not to report them?

I discovered an action when interacting with the ui that results in an error when performed once and a segmentation fault when performed a second time. It is when you double click on an address in your wallet. It is not present in 0.92.3.

I'll include more information in a formal bug report. Just wanted to make sure I should file one before doing so.
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
November 01, 2014, 11:23:52 AM
Ok Understood.

thanks
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
November 01, 2014, 10:45:52 AM
Hi Folks.

I decided to try this wallet.
As a test I sent 0.1 btc to the wallet but it hasn't shown
up. I see the amount on the block chain.

I think something went wrong when I updated which I think was before
the transfer. Instead of updating the software just created another
armoury on my desktop. Thats when it gets a bit hazy? I did transfer that
wallet to my applications folder thinking it would write over the existing one -
but it didn't. I was left with two copies  Roll Eyes...so a process of trying each one to
see if the deposit would show up to no avail. Deleted one wallet, then another
etc etc.

Perhaps the wallet requires me to download the entire BTC block chain data
before the transaction will show up in the wallet? Ive been doing that for two days
now.

Yes you must be synced
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
November 01, 2014, 10:06:23 AM
Hi Folks.

I decided to try this wallet.
As a test I sent 0.1 btc to the wallet but it hasn't shown
up. I see the amount on the block chain.

I think something went wrong when I updated which I think was before
the transfer. Instead of updating the software just created another
armoury on my desktop. Thats when it gets a bit hazy? I did transfer that
wallet to my applications folder thinking it would write over the existing one -
but it didn't. I was left with two copies  Roll Eyes...so a process of trying each one to
see if the deposit would show up to no avail. Deleted one wallet, then another
etc etc.

Perhaps the wallet requires me to download the entire BTC block chain data
before the transaction will show up in the wallet? Ive been doing that for two days
now.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
November 01, 2014, 01:31:02 AM
Wow Alan is speaking
http://money2020.com/bitcoinworld
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
October 31, 2014, 06:21:48 AM
Does Armory have a privacy feature when the client is launched, it ask for password b4 it sync any wallet?

I really want this on my watch-only client. But i wish to have privacy incase someone steal my computer they wont know if i have any bitcoin wallet/balance.

Currently no.

But really, you have no password on your boot (BIOS), no password on your drive encryption and no password on your login (OS)?

If somebody steals your computer now and your drive is not encrypted with a password/passphrase, all they need to do is pull out the HDD and connect it to another PC and find the appropriate file (as far as watch-only is concerned).

what would that file be? and how would they open it? I thought the watch-only import file is self destroyed after i import it.

The information has to be there. Otherwise how would Armory know your watch-only addresses, if it doesn't store them anywhere?

On Lubuntu:

Code:
find  / -name *wallet*

returns

Code:
/root/.armory/armory_XYZxyzXYZ_.watchonly.wallet

So, the information is certainly there. My guess is, if the attacker installs Armory on their PC and put your file in the right directory, they will be able to see your info.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 31, 2014, 06:08:25 AM
Does Armory have a privacy feature when the client is launched, it ask for password b4 it sync any wallet?

I really want this on my watch-only client. But i wish to have privacy incase someone steal my computer they wont know if i have any bitcoin wallet/balance.

Currently no.

But really, you have no password on your boot (BIOS), no password on your drive encryption and no password on your login (OS)?

If somebody steals your computer now and your drive is not encrypted with a password/passphrase, all they need to do is pull out the HDD and connect it to another PC and find the appropriate file (as far as watch-only is concerned).

what would that file be? and how would they open it? I thought the watch-only import file is self destroyed after i import it.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
October 31, 2014, 05:42:19 AM

Currently no.

Activity: 658
October 31, 2014, 04:51:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
October 29, 2014, 06:23:56 AM
I got the following error: "There was an error constructing your transaction, due to a quirk in the way Bitcoin transactions work. If you see this error more than once, try sending your BTC in two or more separate transactions".

What's up with that?

Edit: I think it might be related to the transaction malleability problem. I have unconfirmed transactions in that wallet.

Second edit: Is there a reason for why I can access the "Transaction Info" window only on some transactions? Double click does nothing, right click>View Details does nothing.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
October 29, 2014, 12:01:32 AM
Still using this and coins are A-OK
Loving the updateds op keep them coming
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2014, 03:47:22 PM
If you use armory over tor your coins are safe because all armory does is broadcast the signed transaction.  The worst thing that will happen is that someone could refuse to relay your transaction or they could do transaction mutability thing that I don't think is a problem anymore and it's not limited to tor.

Armory signs and uses bitcoin-core as the broadcast mechanism.
cp1
Activity: 616
Stop using branwallets
October 24, 2014, 01:56:08 PM
If you use armory over tor your coins are safe because all armory does is broadcast the signed transaction.  The worst thing that will happen is that someone could refuse to relay your transaction or they could do transaction mutability thing that I don't think is a problem anymore and it's not limited to tor.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
October 23, 2014, 10:10:15 AM
Thanks GoatPig, so what do you reckon?

Is it really necessary to run TOR with Armory or I'm being too paranoid?

If you want to run a node and/or broadcast transactions without revealing your IP, you should use TOR. If your concern is not be victim of theft, stop using online wallets and enforce proper cold storage pratices. TOR doesn't add to your coins security, that's cold storage.

Looks like tor is worse

http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.6079

Nah, as far as I understand that paper, linkability of transactions to IPs with TOR is in the worst case the same as not using TOR. Care should be taken when receiving transactions, but as I described above, the anonymity of TOR isn't needed in that case.
Is it possible to configure bitcoind to have a receive only non-TOR connection, while maintaining a connection via TOR which is used to broadcast transactions?
Most of the attacks (except for the small number of hidden services to connect to) in that paper are fixed by adding "onlynet=tor" to bitcoin.conf, so that you don't use exit nodes at all.

Longer term, it would be good to encourage more nodes to run dual (triple) stacked - listening on ipv4 and tor (and ipv6).

Maybe it would be worth using proof of existence to allow hidden services to demonstrate they've been around for a while, even though this doesn't fully solve Sybil attacks.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
Dolphie Selfie
October 23, 2014, 10:02:20 AM
Thanks GoatPig, so what do you reckon?

Is it really necessary to run TOR with Armory or I'm being too paranoid?

If you want to run a node and/or broadcast transactions without revealing your IP, you should use TOR. If your concern is not be victim of theft, stop using online wallets and enforce proper cold storage pratices. TOR doesn't add to your coins security, that's cold storage.

Looks like tor is worse

http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.6079

Nah, as far as I understand that paper, linkability of transactions to IPs with TOR is in the worst case the same as not using TOR. Care should be taken when receiving transactions, but as I described above, the anonymity of TOR isn't needed in that case.
Is it possible to configure bitcoind to have a receive only non-TOR connection, while maintaining a connection via TOR which is used to broadcast transactions?
Pages:
Jump to: