Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 31. (Read 521749 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 11, 2014, 01:07:18 PM
Noob Question here. Please tell me why I am dumb as hell in this scenario.

I have a wallet with LocalBitcoins.com and attempted to send my very small balance to an address in a newly created Armory wallet. This was almost a week ago and I have still not seen the balance in my Armory change. Blockchain.info says the transaction took place. So how come I am not seeing the balance in my Armory? Did I screw this up and my funds are lost forever in stasis? How can I retrieve the balance? Thanks a ton for any help.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
August 10, 2014, 03:00:15 PM
I greet you all, Armory fans - I'm a BIG fan

First of all I'd like pay tribute to Armory dev. team. Making such a great wallet, must have cost huge effort ... Good job.
I like it and supporting you all over the internet.

Secondly, I have one small wish.
Would it be possible to add feature showing "transaction info window" in "address information window"?

Because after double click to my wallet (wallet properties window) and double click to any address (address information window), there is list of transactions but nothing can be done further. I'd like to have there right click to "transaction info window".
I think it could be convenient.

thanks and wish you success   
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2014, 09:57:39 AM
Yes let armory also torrent the blockchain for you
Ok, but what about the thing I asked in regards to Norton & MBAM, should I bother with anything else let alone any of those two since it will be an online only system and not something using email or visiting potentially dangerous pages.

People will tell you to use Linux. On Windows I just use the free security essentials
Thx for all he help, now I just gotta wait for my vista disc in the mail and find a SATA laptop HDD.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 10, 2014, 09:52:36 AM
Ok, but what about the thing I asked in regards to Norton & MBAM, should I bother with anything else let alone any of those two since it will be an online only system and not something using email or visiting potentially dangerous pages.

People will tell you to use Linux. On Windows I just use the free security essentials
legendary
August 10, 2014, 09:46:46 AM
legendary
August 10, 2014, 09:34:13 AM
legendary
August 10, 2014, 08:42:27 AM
Ok, so I've settled on a used laptop I can use for an online system.

This should be more than ok, right ?

1.6Ghz CPU, 3gb of RAM running vista, hard drive will be at least 180GB.

Yes ram isn't used much anymore

Cpu will take days to process both Bitcoin and armory though. Just leave it for a week.
I know, I did that when I ran just core of this laptop using an external HDD. Foret what the CPU is on this system though, but it's bogged down with a shit ton of stuff and the "new" laptop will be core / armor only with MBAM and Norton.

Anything else I should consider or would MBAM and Norton (when I get a new license) be enough ?

Edit: Last I asked, someone said I should install core, install armory let both build at the same time where I considered install core, build core, install armory, build armory.

Only if it's dual core. It's good be right?
Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467

Not sure on stock mem but it came used on eBay with 3Gb and no HD, battery or charger. I have everything I need minus the HDD caddy and HDD but all I can tell you is 1.6Ghz w/ 3Gb of memory.

Just so were on same page, I'm talking about the laptop I just got for my online only system. Not the one I'm using now since I mentioned both.

Edit: You asking about dual core because of the mbam, norton and what else I should consider query ?

Says dual core. By build do you mean compile? Or process blockchain. Either way you should be great doing it at the same time. Why not get another for offline signing?

Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 / 1.6 GHz
I plan on it, just dont have the extra funds right now. I mean I tech in BTC but I kinda just want to experiment with online right now.

I currently do all my trans off the BC android app.

What I meant was the DL of the chain, I debated doing one then the other or both at he same time as suggested by others where they said install core, then armor, run armory and let armory handle both at the same time.
legendary
August 10, 2014, 08:39:00 AM

Cpu will take days to process both Bitcoin and armory though. Just leave it for a week.
I know, I did that when I ran just core of this laptop using an external HDD. Foret what the CPU is on this system though, but it's bogged down with a shit ton of stuff and the "new" laptop will be core / armor only with MBAM and Norton.

Anything else I should consider or would MBAM and Norton (when I get a new license) be enough ?

Edit: Last I asked, someone said I should install core, install armory let both build at the same time where I considered install core, build core, install armory, build armory.

Not sure on stock mem but it came used on eBay with 3Gb and no HD, battery or charger. I have everything I need minus the HDD caddy and HDD but all I can tell you is 1.6Ghz w/ 3Gb of memory.

Just so were on same page, I'm talking about the laptop I just got for my online only system. Not the one I'm using now since I mentioned both.

Edit: You asking about dual core because of the mbam, norton and what else I should consider query ?

Says dual core. By build do you mean compile? Or process blockchain. Either way you should be great doing it at the same time. Why not get another for offline signing?

Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 / 1.6 GHz
legendary
August 10, 2014, 08:35:10 AM

legendary
August 10, 2014, 08:15:45 AM

legendary
August 10, 2014, 08:05:02 AM

legendary
August 10, 2014, 07:56:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 2126
August 10, 2014, 06:51:04 AM
Is there any way to have a custom vanity address be the start of a new deterministic Armory wallet address?

What do you mean by "be the start"?
Like, the seed (many random words) in BIP0032 compatible wallets, like Electrum?
Or the first Bitcopin address in that wallet? Like having a vanity address in the wallet without importing it?
Or the "public chain seed" (or how it's called), which is normally completely invisible?

Edit:
Nice article:
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8396/deterministic-wallets-advantages-flaw/

Ente
legendary
August 10, 2014, 02:27:03 AM

Activity: 37
August 08, 2014, 09:19:23 PM
Problem solved, it's all working properly now. My theory is the following. When I came home, my Windows PC was off when I was expecting it to be on. My Ubuntu PC was on as expected. Perhaps a temporary loss of power to my home was enough to turn off my Windows PC and somehow corrupt my Armory database on my HDD.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
August 07, 2014, 11:28:15 PM
[...] I googled how to start armory in terminal, but did not figure it out. [...]

I installed from the .deb file and
Code:
armory --satoshi-datadir=/home//.bitcoin/ &
works for me. You can then close the terminal.

Calling it (replacing "" with your username, of course) is redundant.  That's the default location.  If you run Armory without specifying --satoshi-datadir, it will automatically use /home//.bitcoin.  You only need to use --satoshi-datadir if you normally run bitcoin-qt/bitcoind with a non-standard "-datadir".  If not, you don't need to use that arg (unless your $HOME variable is not set to /home/)
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
August 07, 2014, 11:17:08 PM
[...] I googled how to start armory in terminal, but did not figure it out. [...]

I installed from the .deb file and
Code:
armory --satoshi-datadir=/home//.bitcoin/ &
works for me. You can then close the terminal.
Activity: 37
August 07, 2014, 09:09:50 PM
[...]
Start bitcoin core. [...]

That's not necessary. Armory calls bitcoind by itself. It actually warns you it bitcoin core is already running.

I had a similar issue (also 14.04) and the support team advised me to use --satoshi-datadir=/home//.bitcoin/ in the command line, even though I already had set it in the Settings dialog in Armory. Some minor bug apparently.

I skipped that step, trying to avoid bogging you down with the details. Armory says it cannot find the Bitcoin directory, despite me using the default directory, so I unclicked "manage bitcoin core" within Armory and instead manually launch bitcoin core before opening Armory.

I just tried starting Armory by typing:

Code:
python BitcoinArmory/ArmoryQt.py--satoshi-datadir=/home//.bitcoin/

But it said the armory file could not be found. I googled how to start armory in terminal, but did not figure it out. I just uninstalled Armory and re-installed it. It's building databases now.

Lavender:

First of all your wallet is has private keys and no encryption. I suggest you create a proper WO wallet before you move any funds there.

Next, create a ticket and post your armorycpplog.txt:

https://bitcoinarmory.com/support

Thank you for the concern. I missed a step in my procedure - the wallet is not a full wallet, I imported a watching-only wallet.

Originally, I did not want to submit an official help ticket, so that the developers can develop and perhaps forum members can help support. I just reinstalled Armory, so I'll see if that works.

EDIT: The re-install of Armory fixed my problem. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8257970
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
August 07, 2014, 05:33:33 PM
Is there any way to have a custom vanity address be the start of a new deterministic Armory wallet address?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
August 07, 2014, 07:14:04 AM
Lavender:

First of all your wallet is has private keys and no encryption. I suggest you create a proper WO wallet before you move any funds there.

Next, create a ticket and post your armorycpplog.txt:

https://bitcoinarmory.com/support
Pages:
Jump to: