Pages:
Author

Topic: arOpenCLMAX v0.1b - MAX coin OpenCL miner - Works with AMD, NVIDIA XPT - 1GH! - page 9. (Read 38978 times)

legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
I have a R9 280X but everytime I run it I get the "driver stopped responding"

Should I be on a certain driver? Using Windows 7 64bit

13.12 driver here works fine
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I'm using latest non-beta drivers (13.12) and the app sdk 2.7 (the one in this guide http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-windows/) and it works fine. I can confirm that multiple instances get about the same as a single instance with multiple devices. (i.e., 3 config files with d 0, 1 and 2 work the same as -d 0,1,2 in a single file)
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I have a R9 280X but everytime I run it I get the "driver stopped responding"

Should I be on a certain driver? Using Windows 7 64bit
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
anyone wanna help i have 2 7870s and i get this http://i.imgur.com/t329Jqx.png i have tried fresh driver install and rolled back the driver also does not work

Whatever folder you have arOpenCLMAX.exe in needs to have a subfolder called opencl which contains miner.cl.

Root
|--> opencl
|     +--> miner.cl
+--> arOpenCLMAX.exe

If you don't have this, you will get the errors shown in your screenshot because the miner can't find the cl script.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
anyone wanna help i have 2 7870s and i get this http://i.imgur.com/t329Jqx.png i have tried fresh driver install and rolled back the driver also does not work
Activity: 70
for me 2x 290 give 900Mhs in cgminer
and only 480Mhz in Opnelcl miner, 2x instance all the same

Same here, cgminer gives me twice the speed.

May I ask which pool to use with cgminer??? Dwarf doesn't seem to get any blocks and 1gh is down all the time also....

Can cgminer be used on ypool?

Thanks...

You have to look at the rejected share ...

If you have 600 Mhz with cg miner but 100 rejected on 200 ... = 300 Mhz
After a quick test , arOpenCLMAX is well tuned, at the end you have more share ...

Bye

no
Activity: 123
What about x86-version of this miner?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
HOW to run cgminer on ypool?

That's what I want to know, or is it not possible??

cgminer uses the stratum/getwork protocol to connect to a pool.  ypool does not support stratum/getwork.  It only supports x.PushThrough (XPT).
That is why it does not work on ypool.  There is a rumor that eventually someone will add support for it to xptminer, or that maybe there will be a proxy made to allow it, but for now, it won't work.
legendary

Someone need to make XPT protocol for cgminer to be possible
Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Activity: 182
legendary
cgminer I=13 reject rate at dwarw was 2% so it was good, also i have 20 max there in 1h thats also was better then ypool with OpenCl miner..., only problem in last 10min cgminer creshed twice, prolly bad compile or some bug!
Activity: 78

May I ask which pool to use with cgminer??? Dwarf doesn't seem to get any blocks and 1gh is down all the time also....

Thanks...

You have to look at the rejected share ...

If you have 600 Mhz with cg miner but 100 rejected on 200 ... = 300 Mhz
After a quick test , arOpenCLMAX is well tuned, at the end you have more share ...

Bye
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
DOGEvangelist
I also get twice the speed in cgminer, but around 70% reject rate Sad

Ed
Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Thanks...
legendary
Activity: 69
for my 2x 290 cgminer is 2x faster but unstable, hope for new version of OpenCLMAX to match speed!

I have 2x 280x they are mining with 2x instances of the miner on 2 workers. Seem to be mining well. I have them undervolted whats interesting is they're running far cooler than when mining Script. ie, 68C instead of 75 - 80C
legendary
for my 2x 290 cgminer is 2x faster but unstable, hope for new version of OpenCLMAX to match speed!
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Another reason why your total shares may remain the same is due to the ever increasing difficulty which is now up over 6500
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Someone had suggested to me to start up 2 separate clients to get GPU usage up.  It was at 82%.  Doing the 2 clients did bump GPU usage to 94%.  Even though they both saying they're doing some ridiculous amount khps... I'm still submitting the same # of shares as I did with just 1 client going.

my full share value per block went up 30% at that time.  It may not hold and then again it may be hard to confirm without identical rigs as a control.  But I did also notice an increase of 125 watts on my KillAWatt.  So more power is being used for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: