Pages:
Author

Topic: Arrested for feeding homeless people - page 8. (Read 8330 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
November 06, 2014, 03:50:25 AM
That's really shocking. What's the world coming to, I wonder?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 06, 2014, 03:26:35 AM
This is really scary, they are basically saying you cannot help people that cannot survive on their own.

How do you know these people cannot survive on their own?  What if they are just lazy, like dank?  If a city has provided services to a person for a couple years and they are able to work but unwilling, why should the city keep paying for those services?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 06, 2014, 03:19:26 AM

I can see their point... if you keep feeding the problem, it will never go away.

Give a man a fish...

...They are worth less than animals in a zoo, because at least those produce a revenue. I'm sure we'll see concentration camps open again one day, and homeless people won't be the only ones to go there.

Agreed.
But that's the country we live in. It's mostly about the greenback and the GREED. If you can't get enough
of the $$$, you must utilize your police force and military. When there's a will, there's a way.

HOA
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2014, 02:56:47 AM

I can see their point... if you keep feeding the problem, it will never go away.

Give a man a fish...

Yes, I agree with you to a certain extent. But when the system cannot provide for people, who should do so if not others? This is really scary, they are basically saying you cannot help people that cannot survive on their own. They surely won't start a riot because no one would follow homeless people, so they are not a danger. They are worth less than animals in a zoo, because at least those produce a revenue. I'm sure we'll see concentration camps open again one day, and homeless people won't be the only ones to go there.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
November 06, 2014, 01:21:52 AM
I commend the guy for doing this good deed for over 2 decades. And at the old age of 90 I'm surprised he's still getting trouble from the law at this stage in his life. Guess that's what you get for helping the homeless...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 06, 2014, 12:37:41 AM
Cop shouldn't be harassing a 90 year old mans actions "Jail won't work Tongue)
Not like he has anything else to do but give food to homeless people.
Then again who creates a law that bans public food ordnance that's like saying we ban giving out meals lets give them some money so they can get alcohol and knocked up instead.

But Abbott, who has been helping feed homeless people in the area through his Love Thy Neighbor nonprofit since 1991, said authorities are targeting the city's most vulnerable residents.
"These are the poorest of the poor. They have nothing. They don't have a roof over their head," he said. "Who can turn them away?"

Well damn hes already been doing it for 23 years law's can be a real B***h though.

In 1999 he sued the city for banning him from feeding homeless people on the beach -- and won, according to WPLG.
He said the threat of charges won't stop him from doing it again.
"I'm not afraid of jail. I'm not looking to go, but if I have to, I will," he said.

On Wednesday, Abbott said he'll be at Fort Lauderdale Beach, ready to serve another meal.

(Wonder if the cops arrested him today though)
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 06, 2014, 12:33:05 AM
Arnold Abbott handed out four plates of food to homeless people in a South Florida park. Then police stopped the 90-year-old from serving up another bite.
"An officer said, 'Drop that plate right now -- like I had a weapon,'" Abbott said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/04/justice/florida-feeding-homeless-charges/index.html

Give a man a fish...
Pages:
Jump to: