Pages:
Author

Topic: Artificial intelligence. - page 6. (Read 4004 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
April 26, 2017, 07:18:18 AM
If Artificial Intelligence exist, It would be helpful to those person who has a criminal mind and always after with making people's lives destroyed. Robot can be useful in some economical factors.

Yes, sometimes it can be useful. But I doubt that people want to run a robot for good purposes.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
April 26, 2017, 07:04:52 AM
I support Artificial intelligence because of the possibility of it being really helpful, that it remembers everything and it tries to do what you tell them to do, something like that but I think there would be no chance of them taking over (like the terminator or something) if there are precautions that cannot be written over by the system or something.
People are such fools that some hacker can get into the code and change it. Then there can be trouble. But to be honest it seems to me that man will destroy the planet than Artificial intelligence. Man is the most aggressive and the most stupid creature on the planet.
It's what drives us to become either the best thing that happened to the planet or just become the people who destroyed our planet, then what would you want? Maybe you're insane if you choose to destroy the planet instead of saving it.

You know the definiton of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

But to be blunt. Yes, trying to destory everything around you is insane. We consider animals, who do that insane and humans are no exception.

The thing is, that developing super-AI is not in itself attempt at destruction, rather it is very humane, animalistic even instinct to push the limits further. Even animals do that on instict, usually it serves them well. Sometimes, it kill them. Evolution, sir!
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
April 25, 2017, 10:14:03 PM
I support Artificial intelligence because of the possibility of it being really helpful, that it remembers everything and it tries to do what you tell them to do, something like that but I think there would be no chance of them taking over (like the terminator or something) if there are precautions that cannot be written over by the system or something.
People are such fools that some hacker can get into the code and change it. Then there can be trouble. But to be honest it seems to me that man will destroy the planet than Artificial intelligence. Man is the most aggressive and the most stupid creature on the planet.
It's what drives us to become either the best thing that happened to the planet or just become the people who destroyed our planet, then what would you want? Maybe you're insane if you choose to destroy the planet instead of saving it.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 25, 2017, 08:54:55 PM
If Artificial Intelligence exist, It would be helpful to those person who has a criminal mind and always after with making people's lives destroyed. Robot can be useful in some economical factors.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
April 25, 2017, 07:54:04 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
April 25, 2017, 05:22:11 PM
I support our new robot overlords

They can't be worse than the asshats currently running the show
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
April 25, 2017, 02:57:35 PM
While dangerous, I see it as an inevitability.

It mostly has amazing potential to improve everyone's lives, despite the risk it may kill us.

I think it really matters show hands this all ends up in and what their intentions are going to be with it, I would think the US military already has this tech and is using it in many ways in order to get rid of the Terrorism problem. But the thing is, what if a tech so strong like this ended up in the hands of terrorists themselves or someone who would like to incite a war in order to gain money from the military industrial complex.

I'd have to agree heavily that it's inevitable and will happen, the only thing we can do is keep pushing it off in order to not be killed faster.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
April 24, 2017, 07:01:59 PM
I'm with both hands for the idea of maximum automatization of routine work operations. But people must work to avoid depression and bad mood. But why must we work for a 8-12 hours a day? We already have intelligent and efficient machines that make food and clothes in enough quantity. We have problem in society organization, we do not need terminators, except of working in uranium mines.

I like the efficiency that automation brings, but I will admit it will be a hard adjustment as our economy switches over.to a mostly automated paradigm. There will be at least 2 generations that have an 'adjustment' period while we sort of out, and we would really need to look at instituting a universal income (something I don't think the GOP would ever allow, but timesay change). As far as terminators, I see no reason why artificial intelligence would ever attack us. People fight.for limited resources; machines can eat sunlight. Sunlight is quite free, hence no need for conflict, ever, unless we blot out the sun with pollution.

That I think of it., this is the reason why the Machines were using humans as batteries in the Matrix, we had managed to deprive ourselves of sunlight.
April 24, 2017, 06:41:06 PM
I'm with both hands for the idea of maximum automatization of routine work operations. But people must work to avoid depression and bad mood. But why must we work for a 8-12 hours a day? We already have intelligent and efficient machines that make food and clothes in enough quantity. We have problem in society organization, we do not need terminators, except of working in uranium mines.

You actually make a great point.

Working hours have increased in the west since the seventies, meanwhile benefits were cut and real wages stagnate.

All the while robots are more and more prominent. Automatization is not at fault, but it doesnt help wealth distribution either, since robots are owned by governments and corporations.

Robots are not doing work for you, they are doing it instead of you for the capital holder. Which of course means, that you wont get any benefits, since you are not participant of wealth creation anymore.
In this case the funny thing is that through the use of robots, corporations increase profits only in the first stage, and then when the jobs will remain, people will not have money to buy goods and corporations with robots stop.

Precisely  Grin

You can see, that governments in the first world massively expanded their state work force and founded numerous NGOs. Vast majority of these new posts (social workers, traffic officers) are low paying, long hour jobs. Government tries this way to make up for the fact, that robots are preferable (and sometimes) cheaper to human labour in high value added work. State is only able to afford this by increasing taxes (thus further discouraging still productive part of the population) and by printing fiat money.

Yet, what this does in long term is keeping ever increasing segment of population in "controlled" poverty. They have jobs (albeit useless), yet they will never be able to make it.

And guess who all those poor public servants and activists vote for then? Big government. Same guys that helped to create problem in the first place.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
April 24, 2017, 06:32:50 PM

Working hours have increased in the west since the seventies, meanwhile benefits were cut and real wages stagnate.

All the while robots are more and more prominent. Automatization is not at fault, but it doesnt help wealth distribution either, since robots are owned by governments and corporations.

Robots are not doing work for you, they are doing it instead of you for the capital holder. Which of course means, that you wont get any benefits, since you are not participant of wealth creation anymore.
In this case the funny thing is that through the use of robots, corporations increase profits only in the first stage, and then when the jobs will remain, people will not have money to buy goods and corporations with robots stop.
April 24, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2017, 03:54:29 PM
The real question is what about self awareness?
Artificial Inteligence would be just a tool without it.
There's no real intelligence without self awareness. A conscious mind has to know of its existence and try to preserve itself for the future generations. It will protects its life at all cost and want to improve itself. The Turing test is very basic, it doesn't grasps the true being, just looks for human resemblance.
You compare artificial intelligence with human. It is not correct. They have a different purpose. Artificial intelligence should give the right team and no more. Programming it will still be a man. It is enough that the AI will strictly follow the rules and will not be able to guide it to their advantage.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
April 24, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
There's no real intelligence without self awareness. A conscious mind has to know of its existence and try to preserve itself for the future generations. It will protects its life at all cost and want to improve itself. The Turing test is very basic, it doesn't grasps the true being, just looks for human resemblance.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2017, 01:43:20 PM
While I can see that the presence of robots does not solve the problem. After the advent of mechanization of production reduced the number of jobs and in the end we got a crisis of overproduction. I think that with the development of technologies of robotics need to be resolved in a comprehensive humanitarian policy.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
April 24, 2017, 01:04:02 PM
Man made intelligence can be used in any negative motive. When you have that power then you can do whatever you wish. But they can play many constructive work such as peace keeping activities, low and enforcement activities, anti terrorism activities and so on.
If we can use in a positive manner then it'll be blessings for human being otherwise it creates many harmful things.
Activity: 700
April 24, 2017, 12:28:59 PM
Activity: 274
April 24, 2017, 11:59:39 AM
Most of us are making negative comments about artificial intelligence all because of movies that they have watched, i on the other hand think that artificial intelligence will be of great value to mankind with regards to curing diseases and sickness

Yes, if it is used for the right purposes, then it will be very valuable and will bring great benefits to society.
Activity: 401
SELLING AMAZON
April 24, 2017, 11:49:24 AM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
April 24, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
Most of us are making negative comments about artificial intelligence all because of movies that they have watched, i on the other hand think that artificial intelligence will be of great value to mankind with regards to curing diseases and sickness
I have great expectation on artificial intelligence in areas where there is a possibility of corruption and human error. Also very convenient such technology to apply for adjustment of movement in airports and on the railway.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 24, 2017, 10:58:35 AM
Pages:
Jump to: