Pages:
Author

Topic: As Promised: HEADS UP! Miners' Coin Coming! - page 3. (Read 3196 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I'm interested in more information about your VBG or whatever, but a few things first

1) Having a premine without set bounties accouting for 100% of the premine is going to garner negative attention, which is going to make you seem greedy and your coin look like a pump and dump, which you obviously want to avoid
2) Having a % go to a communal wallet, or to anywhere else for that matter causes the entire idea of a decentralized currency to become centralized, ruining the whole point of cryptocurrency
3) Having 1% go directly to you will also be seen as greedy. People want to mine for themselves, not for you. If you want 1% of what is mined, then run your own pool and charge 1%

Excuse me but how in the world do devs get paid?  I don't want some sneaky scheme to get paid.  I can't believe 1% is actually even a discussion.  It's crap.  Only it the coin takes off will it be worth anything and if that happens it means I ran a successful coin and then I would deserve it much like a CEO who runs a successful company so I really don't get the issue with 1%, it's chicken feed compared to most coins out there who pay out way more to their devs and founders.

Why do I have to run a scheme, why can't I say 1%, and be it 1% with no strings attached?  All founders, all devs get premined coins or some special payouts and I purposely chose 1% because it's lower than anything I've ever seen or heard of any dev get, yet I'm dumbfounded to see so many haters hate on a paltry 1% when many devs get so much more and nobody complains and here I am trying to build a coin which benefits the miners more than anyone else and I see nothing but hate.
You're on a forum for a cryptocurrency which was revolutionary in that it was decentralized. If you don't understand the value of decentralization that's placed here, I think you fundamentally misunderstand why bitcoin is significant. It's not just the online part. Also, if it's a centralized currency that requires trust in you, why even do mining at all? You could just operate nodes which sign all transactions. Mining is only required for decentralized trust-free timestamping. Mining is only a worthless system of charity in a centralized system.

Quote from: Vlad2Vlad
There is no way around, over, under, to subvert or to abuse the VGB Protocol and it benefits everyone but especially the smaller miners which is the majority.
You'll need to explain that protocol then. Bitcoin didn't get where it is from being closed.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
And why is 1% funny?  You think devs work for free?  Most take much more than 1% via many clever schemes.

At least I'm being forward.

Here's the problem thought regarding the 10% set aside for the miners.

I talked to the programmer and he's saying it can't be set aside in a special wallet, at least not in an easy affordable way.
That last part is easy, just make every new block generated generate new coins to some fixed address. Not that I think that's a good idea at all.

A decentralized cryptocurrency is a protocol, not so much a product. Can you imagine if the inventor of the file transfer protocol specified in the standards that when he connects to a server, it should allocate more bandwidth to him? I could see someone doing that with a specific ftp server they release, but shoehorning centralization into a protocol means you've lost the most revolutionary thing about bitcoin there.

How are you going to even create so much as a shallow illusion of an ability to tell who is small and who is large, let alone actually tell?

-MarkM-

The VGB does that automatically and without a flaw.
I can't imagine any way to do that which wouldn't be trivial to subvert.

There is no way around, over, under, to subvert or to abuse the VGB Protocol and it benefits everyone but especially the smaller miners which is the majority.

That's why I want to launch this coin.  I can't believe I'm having such a hard time doing something good for this alt community. 

So many people get hung up on such small things which can be worked out like 1% layout for me which is less than any dev I've ever seen or the 10% which can be worked out something or even banned if that's what people want.

This coin could be such a nice coin for all miners but especially the small miners and yet I see nothing but combative individuals splitting hairs.  So odd.  So sad.  Such a loss to themselves. 

But thanks for your input - you sound like a programmer or at least self educated. If I knew how to program I'd launch this thing myself and I have no doubt people would love the idea once they saw the benefits themselves. 

No more dead flatlined coins, no more boring mining, no more hopeless mining just cause you have a smaller rig. 

This is so unreal and so frustrating I'm ready to just quit this idea which is tragic cause I truly wanted to do it for small miners such as myself and big miners would also benefit as well.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I'm interested in more information about your VBG or whatever, but a few things first

1) Having a premine without set bounties accouting for 100% of the premine is going to garner negative attention, which is going to make you seem greedy and your coin look like a pump and dump, which you obviously want to avoid
2) Having a % go to a communal wallet, or to anywhere else for that matter causes the entire idea of a decentralized currency to become centralized, ruining the whole point of cryptocurrency
3) Having 1% go directly to you will also be seen as greedy. People want to mine for themselves, not for you. If you want 1% of what is mined, then run your own pool and charge 1%

Excuse me but how in the world do devs get paid?  I don't want some sneaky scheme to get paid.  I can't believe 1% is actually even a discussion.  It's crap.  Only it the coin takes off will it be worth anything and if that happens it means I ran a successful coin and then I would deserve it much like a CEO who runs a successful company so I really don't get the issue with 1%, it's chicken feed compared to most coins out there who pay out way more to their devs and founders.

Why do I have to run a scheme, why can't I say 1%, and be it 1% with no strings attached?  All founders, all devs get premined coins or some special payouts and I purposely chose 1% because it's lower than anything I've ever seen or heard of any dev get, yet I'm dumbfounded to see so many haters hate on a paltry 1% when many devs get so much more and nobody complains and here I am trying to build a coin which benefits the miners more than anyone else and I see nothing but hate.

No wonder nobody has ever bothered to do something for the community, for the miners, most of you want a better coin but you want to see the guy who thought of it and made it a reality to be living under a bridge.  How tragic!

Next:  the premine of 10% would be to give back to miners so why would I lie and say it's for bounties, etc.?  I don't want to BS about anything, I want to totally honest about everything and bounties will have to come from the community and in part from myself as well, just like they do with all other successful all coin.

But there has to be a viable way to do this right besides making me do all this for free, that's absurd.  And since I'm doing this coin for miners I want them to get that 10% to help them get to the next level, by buying better rigs - something that might otherwise take them years to do.  But if you miners want me to designate 5% or 10% for development and bounties and account for every coin so there's no funny business then that's fine but I think miners should get this 10% as a payout but I'll do it any way you guys want as long as it's what most of you want. 

Just like I badly anted SHA256 but switched to Scrypt cause that's what you guys wanted.

I'm willing to do it anyway possible - I have no ulterior motives so anything you guys can think of I will implement but don't expect me to do all this for less than 1% cause that's the lowest any dev had ever been paid.  I'll take it even one step further if needed, I would even put that 10% in an escrow account.  I would even put it in a wallet belonging to someone chosen by miners from this board.  I can't believe there is no way such a seemingly simple issue when there is so much benefit for the miners - that's just not possible.

And if necessary I'll even abandon the 10% idea (like I gave up on SHA256, CatholicCoin, OrphanCoin, etc.,) but I would really like to keep it (the 10%), if there's any possible and fair way, as it would really help a lot of the smaller miners get ahead while also including the large miners as well.
Activity: 84
And why is 1% funny?  You think devs work for free?  Most take much more than 1% via many clever schemes.

At least I'm being forward.

Here's the problem thought regarding the 10% set aside for the miners.

I talked to the programmer and he's saying it can't be set aside in a special wallet, at least not in an easy affordable way.
That last part is easy, just make every new block generated generate new coins to some fixed address. Not that I think that's a good idea at all.

A decentralized cryptocurrency is a protocol, not so much a product. Can you imagine if the inventor of the file transfer protocol specified in the standards that when he connects to a server, it should allocate more bandwidth to him? I could see someone doing that with a specific ftp server they release, but shoehorning centralization into a protocol means you've lost the most revolutionary thing about bitcoin there.

How are you going to even create so much as a shallow illusion of an ability to tell who is small and who is large, let alone actually tell?

-MarkM-

The VGB does that automatically and without a flaw.
I can't imagine any way to do that which wouldn't be trivial to subvert.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
when its up I will run a giveaway for you if you provide the coins  Smiley

I would also suggest posting the ann on www.altcointalk.co.uk

I won't have any coins since there's no premine.  It seems like people are agent even the 10% premine which would then go right back to the miners.  Sad, many miners could benefit.

giveaways are always good for a coins image  Smiley never mind I will have to buy some of the first miners
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Cryptocurrencies aren't supposed to be a get-rich-quick scheme for miners. Miners exist to secure the blockchain for the currency. Getting that backwards does not sound like a good idea.

Yes Yes CC are get rich quick scheme thats there main attraction to many.....
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
You keep begging third party devs( mainly junk coin developers) to build your coin for you,

what is the realistic longevity for this coin?

Hire them on full time or just contract basis for each update?

Which developer did you end up going with?

Begging?

When you pay someone to do something it's not begging.

When you go to a restaurant and order a steak and then pay for it would you like it if some guy outside told people you were in there begging for food?  Hardly!

These are not junk developers.  They have experience launching other coins and they're actually the most expensive here.  I could have gone with the cheaper guys but I thought I'd get more from going with someone with integrity and experience.

The longevity depends on the adoption rate and if people like what the coin offers.  I'm looking at it long term, for years to come of the govt allows it that long.

When you say hey I sent you pm's answer me, hey who else can do it, hey help me build this. I don't have a job, you charge too much. I consider that begging. Your example is completely irrelevant and baseless.

My rationale is that if you yourself are unable to do anything, and require third party resources to develop, how do you get from alpha to beta to release etc. I am assuming you are contracting out the initial job but it will be most beneficial to have the OG dev on-board to continue development. Are they on-board as well and are committed to long-term development?

Your attitude makes me especially not want anything to do with this.

Who's developing Bitcoin, Satoshi?

The community.  Or do you expect a dev to get 1% and then spend 16 hours per day here, pay a programmer and work for free or on 1% of nothing.

You guys are joking. 

And trying to find the best deal is not begging when you're on a limited budget.  And not getting responses from 2 guys doing this for a living for 3 days is not normal so asking why, respond to my emails is not exactly strange.

If this isn't the coin for you then choose another, there's plenty more where the devs are making tons of money yet nobody seems to complain over there.
Activity: 98
You keep begging third party devs( mainly junk coin developers) to build your coin for you,

Begging?

When you go to a restaurant and order a steak and then pay for it would you like it if some guy outside told people you were in there begging for food?  Hardly!

These are not junk developers.  They have experience launching other coins and they're actually the most expensive here.  I could have gone with the cheaper guys but I thought I'd get more from going with someone with integrity and experience.

The longevity depends on the adoption rate and if people like what the coin offers.  I'm looking at it long term, for years to come of the govt allows it that long.

When you say hey I sent you pm's answer me, hey who else can do it, hey help me build this. I don't have a job, you charge too much. I consider that begging. Your example is completely irrelevant and baseless.

My rationale is that if you yourself are unable to do anything, and require third party resources to develop, how do you get from alpha to beta to release etc. I am assuming you are contracting out the initial job but it will be most beneficial to have the OG dev on-board to continue development. Are they on-board as well and are committed to long-term development?

Your attitude makes me especially not want anything to do with this.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

I won't have any coins since there's no premine.  It seems like people are agent even the 10% premine which would then go right back to the miners.  Sad, many miners could benefit.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Begging?

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I hope you realize, I am being critical on you because since I named the coin, I feel like I have a tie or lifeblood with it.  Not like it's mine or anything, but kind of like when you go on a summer vacation and meet your cousins that live 1000 miles away, that you knew existed, but you actually never met before.

Thus no matter how silly it is, I will more then likely mine it.  How much I will mine it is questionable, but I will def be mining it, so I am hoping to steer it away from having really wonky ideas.

The name came from brainstorming and a number of people had a hand in it.  Nuggets stuck and yes, if this coin takes off you get the honor for naming it.  I could have named it myself but I felt like a miner's coin should be named by miners - since the beginning I've been trying to do what's right and it seems like some people just hash away on me regardless of how hard I try to do what's fair and right by everyone.
Activity: 98

Activity: 541
Merit: 500
I hope you realize, I am being critical on you because since I named the coin, I feel like I have a tie or lifeblood with it.  Not like it's mine or anything, but kind of like when you go on a summer vacation and meet your cousins that live 1000 miles away, that you knew existed, but you actually never met before.

Thus no matter how silly it is, I will more then likely mine it.  How much I will mine it is questionable, but I will def be mining it, so I am hoping to steer it away from having really wonky ideas.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

-MarkM-

The VGB does that automatically and without a flaw.  The distribution of the 10% if I have to premine it is the hard part, cause I don't want to premine but the programmer said that's the only feasible affordable way and that my plans are too ambitions.

Come on MarkM, help me not launch another crapCoin.  Help me with just the idea of how to distribute this 10% to the miners in a fair way without premining cause right now it will have to be premined and that's gonna look like a pump and dump and I hate the very idea.  Thanks for your help.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Dump the 10% plan.  It's only going to tick people off, and won't end up helping small miners as it is way to exploitable, and also centralizes a decentralised coin.  I still want to here what this big VGB idea is all about.  I really hope it's not a flop of an idea.  Hopefully the programmers will talk some sense into you if it sounds to screwy Smiley.

Well, so far the programmer who has already launched other coins said the VGB idea as really nice.  And he also said my ambitions are too high and I'd need more money and more programmers.

So this confirms to me that I'm serious about this and don't just want a jack job crap coin.  But where am I gonna find more great programmers and I don't even know how much more money we're talking about.

I really wanna do this right but it doesn't seem possible.  I hate to launch another CrapCoin, I hate the idea of mediocrity. 

And I have to apologize to guys like MarkM ahead or time cause I respect the guy and like him and he got upset when he heard o was launching another crap coin.  But what can I do if I can't even find enough pro programmers and don't even know the cost. 
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

-MarkM-
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Dump the 10% plan.  It's only going to tick people off, and won't end up helping small miners as it is way to exploitable, and also centralizes a decentralised coin.  I still want to here what this big VGB idea is all about.  I really hope it's not a flop of an idea.  Hopefully the programmers will talk some sense into you if it sounds to screwy Smiley.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
So of the details need to be worked out, at-least in the post, but sounds interesting  Cool

This is the money's coin, you guys need to tell me ASAP what would make you guys happy.

I can eliminate the 10% but it would be such a list benefit to you guys.

And wait until I release the VGB protocol - that's the cake with the 10% distribution being the icing on the cake.

I promise there's nothing out there right now, no coin that was designed with the miner in mind like this coin.

And of course, devs design a coin to maximize their control over that coin and their profits, shirt term or long term.

I'm going against the Status Quo with this coin - and if you wait to hear the full details I'm sure you'll all agree.  Well, most, cause some will hate no matter what.  Lol
Pages:
Jump to: