Pages:
Author

Topic: Ascendancy IPO Turned Into a Scam - Investigation in progress - page 9. (Read 38324 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Let me get this clear.

Was it clear from the beginning that investors will send the BTC to the scamteam first and the scamteam said "we will forward the invested BTC every 8 hours to our escrowers"?
Are you kidding me? Then why do you fucking have escrowers? LOL... how stupid can someone be, to join this scam as an escrower, if this was the deal? The job #1 of an escrower is to get the money directly from the investors. If you don't follow this rule #1 as an escrower, then your are guilty in my eyes.
I would normally agree with you 100% but the escrow agreement was right there in front of everyones eyes to read. Everything was written in black and white. Its not as if the escrows tried to dupe anyone here. Everything looked to be running smooth. Btc was going to the escrow address like it should and then all the sudden a big rush came in. The Ascendancyteam decided to scam.

Then why in gods name did the escrowers join this scam? If the deal is INVESTOR -> SCAMMERS -> ESCROW then you never do escrow! The escrowers should be blamed, too.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 4440
As stated by Darkstar and Sparkit, we are currently discussing and have been discussing this whole situation via telegram. Myself, Lauda, Minerjones, Sparkit, Darkstar, Superwoot, and Lutpin are the participants in the discussion.

We have control of 7btc currently. This was the amount invested as of this morning. All of the funds invested past 3am EST we had no connection with. We are currently waiting to hear from Mr Joel_Janston as well. He has been MIA for 24 hours, at least on his main account.

I have tagged Joel and the Ascendancyteam accounts as i believe none of the rest of the users mentioned above are involved in the scam. The 8 hour window before funds were transferred opened up possibilities we didnt forsee obviously. We were talking with the team on skype right up until 10 minutes before the website went down. Nothing seemed fishy at all. Least not in my mind.

As far as the 7btc is concerned, we are discussion the appropriate course of action to take. Should we just refund the users that invested this 7btc? Should we give everyone who can prove they invested a %? I personally think since we never controlled the later investments then we should  only refund the investors whos money we controlled.

Ill update this thread with any other information we come up with when we reach a decision or whatnot.

I apologize to everyone involved in the shit end of the deal. We obviously didnt expect this to happen

Hi yahoo, I remember you and lauda or minerjones are the escrows in another ICO project(I can't remember the name of that ico), I doubt that is a scam too, be careful. Scammers become more and more clever now.
We are escrows for TASKIE. I personally am holding 100btc worth of TASKIE for the team. And the money is directly going to escrows when that project reopens. If the money isnt going to escrows directly i will not be participating in that project.

I will not be a part of this setup again
legendary
Let me get this clear.

Was it clear from the beginning that investors will send the BTC to the scamteam first and the scamteam said "we will forward the invested BTC every 8 hours to our escrowers"?
Are you kidding me? Then why do you fucking have escrowers? LOL... how stupid can someone be, to join this scam as an escrower, if this was the deal? The job #1 of an escrower is to get the money directly from the investors. If you don't follow this rule #1 as an escrower, then your are guilty in my eyes.
I would normally agree with you 100% but the escrow agreement was right there in front of everyones eyes to read. Everything was written in black and white. Its not as if the escrows tried to dupe anyone here. Everything looked to be running smooth. Btc was going to the escrow address like it should and then all the sudden a big rush came in. The Ascendancyteam decided to scam.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
As stated by Darkstar and Sparkit, we are currently discussing and have been discussing this whole situation via telegram. Myself, Lauda, Minerjones, Sparkit, Darkstar, Superwoot, and Lutpin are the participants in the discussion.

We have control of 7btc currently. This was the amount invested as of this morning. All of the funds invested past 3am EST we had no connection with. We are currently waiting to hear from Mr Joel_Janston as well. He has been MIA for 24 hours, at least on his main account.

I have tagged Joel and the Ascendancyteam accounts as i believe none of the rest of the users mentioned above are involved in the scam. The 8 hour window before funds were transferred opened up possibilities we didnt forsee obviously. We were talking with the team on skype right up until 10 minutes before the website went down. Nothing seemed fishy at all. Least not in my mind.

As far as the 7btc is concerned, we are discussion the appropriate course of action to take. Should we just refund the users that invested this 7btc? Should we give everyone who can prove they invested a %? I personally think since we never controlled the later investments then we should  only refund the investors whos money we controlled.

Ill update this thread with any other information we come up with when we reach a decision or whatnot.

I apologize to everyone involved in the shit end of the deal. We obviously didnt expect this to happen

Hi yahoo, I remember you and lauda or minerjones are the escrows in another ICO project(I can't remember the name of that ico), I doubt that is a scam too, be careful. Scammers become more and more clever now.
Activity: 714
Merit: 266

I would wish you luck, you'll need it. As we are in the river of scammers and trolls.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Activity: 76
Let me get this clear.

legendary

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
People get screwed again in another scam ico which is similar to DECLOUD fake escrow? Poor investors you are scammed again!! Sorry sorry for your bad brain, it is obvious a scam since day 1, at least I can detect it.

@darkstar, real ICO won't share ICO fund to the person except co-founders, only pay salary to general staff. Another scam: bitcoingo, also claimed a share of fund, and turned out to be a scam. DECLOUDS too.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
wasn't darkstar and Joel butt buddies?

No. We barely even talked, if ever.

im glad Joel didnt garnered enough trust in the forum  Grin

Okay then...?

I knew it, i knew your stinky team is shady and will scam hahahaha!!

Me, sparkIt and superwoot had no knowledge of the scam, as we were hired and promised a share of the IPO funds.

the question is , did the investors know that the payments are not sent directly to the escrow?

It was said in the agreement that funds would be forwarded every 8 hours.

This is the stated escrow address: https://blockchain.info/address/3627Ns72j7DpGg6tcLdrrc8AvLJ2WKStY4

7 BTC in it.

The escrow agreement states: "We will be using a 3-of-4 multisignature address, where each escrow will have a key and Andrew & Richard will share one."

Therefore I believe the combined escrows should still have access to them.

The question is whether the 7 BTC should be given back to the original investors they belong to or whether it should be split evenly between all investors.

If I'm honest I believe it should be the former (back to original investors) as, if it was me, I would have invested knowing my funds would be secured in the escrow.

However I doubt that will happen as in the past it's been shown that often scam/hack losses are aggregated across and everyone gets punished.

I'm interested in what the Escrows decide.

We are talking about it in a Telegram right now, with all the escrows and people involved in the project. We were thinking about returning everything save proportionally from what was in the escrow funds, but it's kinda hard to prove how much each person invested.

We will be releasing a statement later.
Activity: 69
Merit: 3
Actually when you look at the Escrow arrangement and graphic, it is said nowhere that there is an 8h gap where the founders have the control and not the escrows who should need to approve any withdraw of funds.
So the escrows have been much more than careless and not informing of this "little" oblivion, which for this specific activity that is backing and securing a project is irresponsable and not trustworthy to my opinion.

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
Quite unfortunate and sad that they run away with investors money.Its time we should do something to prevent these scams or this will shake the investors confidence in all crypto projects Sad
Theres not 100% secure method, in this years we tried all. Dont you remember coinsource and the other Chinese site verifing the identity of coins staff? They failed hard. The next thing was using exchanges for the icos, and we got scammed by c-cex, bittrex, Cryptsy, and so on. And now the method is using the forum escrows, but its the same cause even escrows can be fooled.

A-lot of crypto is done on good faith. I wish people wouldn't blame the escrows. The arrangement was clear for all to see and enquire about.

If the total funds the received was 7 btc,how they run away with 75 btc?
Wasn't the funds were with escrow?

Read my previous posts.

the question is , did the investors know that the payments are not sent directly to the escrow?

Probably not, the illusion caused by them saying 'we've secured escrows from trusted community members'.
wasn't darkstar and Joel butt buddies?
Activity: 69
Merit: 3
Baskin robbins!

So they took what they got within 8 hours before auto trans to escrows...

This money is gone, I get it, but what about before thatHuh

Can I get my escrowed investment back somehow??

f@cking Gallaghers
You will have to see that with the escrows in charge of IPO.
Curious of the end for the ones in escrow. (I was part of the 8h scammed hehe)
All in escrow, feel free to say whether or not you were refunded.

Not valuable escrow security actually, I honnestly did not see that 8h sequence and the fact the money passed through one of the founder's adress meanwhile. Quite smart, even if done pretty basically.
Crypto World is harsh, better learn fast and stay focused (not like me today lol).
Facts are essential for any decent project, as to the project but also to the founders and team.
im glad Joel didnt garnered enough trust in the forum  Grin

Okay then...?

I knew it, i knew your stinky team is shady and will scam hahahaha!!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
Quite unfortunate and sad that they run away with investors money.Its time we should do something to prevent these scams or this will shake the investors confidence in all crypto projects Sad

Theres not 100% secure method, in this years we tried all. Dont you remember coinsource and the other Chinese site verifing the identity of coins staff? They failed hard. The next thing was using exchanges for the icos, and we got scammed by c-cex, bittrex, Cryptsy, and so on. And now the method is using the forum escrows, but its the same cause even escrows can be fooled.
Activity: 68

Well this is a cluster fuck for sure. Knew it or not someone will be held accountable we are talking about what $70,000+ here not a few hundred dollars (by law this is treated differently than a minor steal). I'm sorry to say, but when escrows took over their job they took over responsibility and should do their due dilligience (get some proof before taking a job - ID or something). Cmon 3 community trusted escrows and no one did any kind of info check before this (even in private) seems irresponsible. I'm not pointing fingers or blaiming, but sooner or later someone will need to take over responsibility.

Good luck to all participants I hope this gets resolved and real scammers IDs get posted here there must be some trail and with $70,000+ gone a lot of angry investors will be doing a lot of digging to get to the bottom of it - remember to some it's not so much about money, but about principle.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its scam? There were escrows, right?
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
If the total funds the received was 7 btc,how they run away with 75 btc?
Wasn't the funds were with escrow?
Pages:
Jump to: