Pages:
Author

Topic: asic hardware buyers association - page 2. (Read 2292 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 11, 2013, 03:17:16 PM
it is build.
i am the only one in the channel Wink

try to connect to freenode-irc-server and join #bitcointalk.org

Still at work; will connect this evening.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
June 11, 2013, 03:03:18 PM
This is a novel, pointless and cute idea. Of course it will never go anywhere as risk is part of the buying game. If delivery was 100% guaranteed from any supplier the game would be over.

The problem is that the market is not mature yet. We need more shops like Asicminer (but cheaper) off shelf asic miners ... all the pretenders will simple fail once that happens.
Activity: 224
June 11, 2013, 02:38:46 PM
This is a novel, pointless and cute idea. Of course it will never go anywhere as risk is part of the buying game. If delivery was 100% guaranteed from any supplier the game would be over.
Activity: 143
June 11, 2013, 02:22:54 PM
i think the best way to create an association is to get in dialog via a way to do more dialog than it is possible on a forum

but if there is no need for that, no problem, it doesnt cost a bitcoin Wink
June 11, 2013, 02:19:26 PM
it is build.
i am the only one in the channel Wink

try to connect to freenode-irc-server and join #bitcointalk.org

June 11, 2013, 01:47:34 PM
what do you think about a channel @ freenode irc ?

#bitcointalk.org ?

Build it and I will come. Smiley
June 11, 2013, 11:52:58 AM
what do you think about a channel @ freenode irc ?

#bitcointalk.org ?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
June 11, 2013, 11:47:49 AM
nice idea.more details are welcome Smiley

more suggestions also... Wink

I fully believe that free markets are the long term best way to handle just about everything.  I think the most pressing requirement in the bitcoin world is an Underwriter's Laboratory for bitcoin mining hardware.  Some kind of stamp that gives you an idea of the hardware's capability and a separate stamp for the manufacturer.  For instance, the Butterfly Labs Jalepeno might get a A- in hashing power to electricity ratio, but the company would get a D- for poor customer service, extended delays and lack of transparency.  Avalon's rigs would get an A+ in hashing power to electricity ratio, but a C+ for missing deadlines and poor customer communication.

When consumers can review an investment and have a reputable source giving the investment a rating, it really adds valuable information to the consumer's choice.  And if these stamps really gain trust in the community, hardware companies would line up to get stamped. 

I'm not exactly sure whether this falls into a "buyer's consortium", but I think there is a real need for a company whose profits stem from protecting miners' interests and keeping hardware manufacturers honest.  Right now the big money is in making the hardware.  As this leg of the bitcoin economy matures, a watchdog company becomes more and more necessary.

mh... i like your ideas ! thanks for sharing!
it is a multi million $ market, and lot´s of people are throwing cash in sometimes really obvious wrong directions. and it is hard to follow epic threads with over 100 pages and other scattered information. so there is a need of some guidance. the mining market will grow wilder than the bitcoin market (and is already) since we are dealing here with speculation ontop of a speculation.

we need to start with easy little steps.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
June 11, 2013, 10:43:48 AM

I fully believe that free markets are the long term best way to handle just about everything.  I think the most pressing requirement in the bitcoin world is an Underwriter's Laboratory for bitcoin mining hardware.  Some kind of stamp that gives you an idea of the hardware's capability and a separate stamp for the manufacturer.  For instance, the Butterfly Labs Jalepeno might get a A- in hashing power to electricity ratio, but the company would get a D- for poor customer service, extended delays and lack of transparency.  Avalon's rigs would get an A+ in hashing power to electricity ratio, but a C+ for missing deadlines and poor customer communication.

When consumers can review an investment and have a reputable source giving the investment a rating, it really adds valuable information to the consumer's choice.  And if these stamps really gain trust in the community, hardware companies would line up to get stamped. 

I'm not exactly sure whether this falls into a "buyer's consortium", but I think there is a real need for a company whose profits stem from protecting miners' interests and keeping hardware manufacturers honest.  Right now the big money is in making the hardware.  As this leg of the bitcoin economy matures, a watchdog company becomes more and more necessary.

Sound good. Cool

And that is how "Bitcoin Consumer Reports" has been born...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017
June 11, 2013, 10:39:39 AM

Sound good. Cool
June 11, 2013, 10:33:04 AM

legendary
June 11, 2013, 09:48:38 AM

Activity: 245
June 11, 2013, 09:37:50 AM
June 11, 2013, 09:31:52 AM
i think it is time for us, the buyers/customers of any bitcoin mining hardware to get organized.

-there is so much money, literally millions, in the game.
-there is a lot of scam, delay, amatuer play and other problems involved - it is wild west...
-we are paying for this anyway

so why not get connected, organized, get a voice ?

this may even include support with lawsuits

what do you think?

I like the idea.  But it shouldn't be a "buyers association", it should be a "small miner's association" or a "small mining consortium".  Some kind of better business bureau would also be really cool.

I'd pay dues to be part of something that looks out for my interest as a fledgling miner.
legendary
June 11, 2013, 08:18:41 AM
Yes, we should get connected. And organize. And discuss. And speak our minds.
What method should we use....
How about a forum?
Wait....

nice idea. problem is that they are those trolls...   Kiss
Activity: 406
ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017
June 11, 2013, 08:15:54 AM
 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Show my support here.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 08:03:59 AM
How about a forum?
Wait....

Lol!  Grin
Mr 600, are you prepared to pay monthly for such a organization?
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
June 11, 2013, 08:00:08 AM
How about a forum?
Wait....
legendary
June 11, 2013, 07:58:20 AM
i think it is time for us, the buyers/customers of any bitcoin mining hardware to get organized.

-there is so much money, literally millions, in the game.
-there is a lot of scam, delay, amatuer play and other problems involved - it is wild west...
-we are paying for this anyway

so why not get connected, organized, get a voice ?

this may even include support with lawsuits

what do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: