Pages:
Author

Topic: ASIC or GPU mining? - page 4. (Read 1771 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 272
Legend is back.
November 14, 2017, 11:50:48 AM
Currently ASIC mining is more profitable, the difference in payback is actually quite big at least 2 times more days.
That's because all profitable ASIC proof coins have a high difficulty compared to the price.
Here is a list with a lot of mining equipment compared: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment

But what if I want to sell all equipment. Can I sell ASIC for someone? Selling GPU is easier than ASIC, isn't it?

You can sell gpu easily but you cant sell easiyl asic
Activity: 364
Merit: 12
November 14, 2017, 11:48:37 AM
Currently ASIC mining is more profitable, the difference in payback is actually quite big at least 2 times more days.
That's because all profitable ASIC proof coins have a high difficulty compared to the price.
Here is a list with a lot of mining equipment compared: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/#/equipment

But what if I want to sell all equipment. Can I sell ASIC for someone? Selling GPU is easier than ASIC, isn't it?
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm
November 14, 2017, 11:43:50 AM
Both are good in one way or the other
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 11:33:22 AM
Today I would go GPU for being more versatile. I think the return on investment would be faster by mining several altcoins. Regards.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
November 14, 2017, 11:24:50 AM
It seems to me that the GPU is more profitable. Indeed the performance of the GPU is lower, but you can always change the coins which are mined and if the mining will be not profitable, you will have the chance to sell your GPU at a residual price to gamers. Asic would be worthless. I think this is a powerful argument.
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
November 14, 2017, 11:21:29 AM
I think if you could purchase some Asic miners at very first batch, you could ROI in 4-6 months, but if it's not the case, ROI is not that fast, maybe 10-12 months like GPU mining. After that ROI, asic miner could not give you much option due to its low hashrate, but with GPU, its flexibility give you some choice on altcoin mining, basically you still could get more profit with it. Going with Asic mining, you should consider about warranty and its noise problem as well. 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE
November 14, 2017, 11:11:11 AM
GPU for versatile and more option to mine diff algo/coins
Asic is for one algo although some asic has a support for multiple algo.
Activity: 98
November 14, 2017, 10:43:38 AM
GPU mining is fun and great learning curve. You stated that your budget is round 3k, so you can make quite a rig! More GPUs bring more $$$  Grin

Good luck mate!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
I'm also wondering wich one to start with... If it's not already too late :p
But i'll go with the GPU mining, kinda for the same reasons you mentionned, the hardware is still worth something separetly if i decide to stop.
I'm planning on a 1500$ investment for 4GPU mining rig, and i'll see where this will go. I wanted to start with 6 GPU but dont want to spend too much in this uncertainty..
Activity: 98
November 14, 2017, 10:00:32 AM
I agree with previous post. ASIC will provide faster ROI. Also, keep in mind that ASIC are very loud.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
November 14, 2017, 08:05:59 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 12
November 14, 2017, 07:59:53 AM
Hello guys, I read a lot of information about mining. Can you advise me which variant I should choose?
1. I can buy ASIC (my friend have some contact, so I can get it without any problems)
2. I can buy GPU and mine with it.

As I know, ASIC mining is more profitable. But If i will GPU — after mining I can sell it to any gamer. So if Bitocin price will dump I won't lose a lot.

And what do you think? Advise me something, please.

P.S: I've got less than $ 3,000 to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: